Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 9 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

(-8)
    Gomes
    Zabaleta Cawson Martin
    Sanchez De Bruyne Payet Ayew
    Lukaku Berahino Pelle (C)

Guzan Mahrez Muniesa Gomez

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

wonski wrote: »
    Double Chelsea defence and Bony captain?

I like your thinking.

Week of the differential innit

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Still haven't made the final decision on who to replace Aguero with...gone back to Costa now so will probably just stick with him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSF wrote: »
    Week of the differential innit

I wish I could do something like that, but after -12 I still don't have full 11 men squad available.

I even moved captaincy away from Sanchez because of stupid quote from press conference. I am scared of what might happen this week...

365773.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

My first ever minus 8 game week! Hopefully captain bruyne to the rescue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Taken a -8

Gomes
    Kompany - Bellerin - Richards
    Sanchez - De Bruyne(C) - Mahrez - Payet
    Martial - Pelle - Vardy

Mccarthy - King Wessi - Nyom - Francis

I wish I could do something like that, but after -12 I still don't have full 11 men squad available.

I even moved captaincy away from Sanchez because of stupid quote from press conference. I am scared of what might happen this week...

365773.png

Quite a tasty front 7 all the same. I'd consider doing one more to get rid of Gomez. I mean it's not as if he's going to be back anytime soon. Has to go and it'd probably be for a hit then anyway the way things have gone recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

First points hits of the season, -8 to get to this:

Ruddy (new)
    Bellerin (wat), Darmian (eve), Dawson (SUN)
    Hazard (AVL), De Bruyne (BOU), Mahrez (sou), Payet (pal)
    Martial (eve), Ighalo (ARS), Pelle (LEI)

Subs: McCarthy, Nyom (ARS), Sinclair (che), Richards (che)

Still deciding between KDB and Pelle for captaincy.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Still deciding between KDB and Pelle for captaincy.

That is the decider alright. I've switched it half a dozen times myself in the last 10 minutes.

Think I'm sticking with KDB though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Quite a tasty front 7 all the same. I'd consider doing one more to get rid of Gomez. I mean it's not as if he's going to be back anytime soon. Has to go and it'd probably be for a hit then anyway the way things have gone recently.

That's why I did the last -4. Kolarov and Gomez both needed to go next week anyway. Decent if not brilliant chance of Bellerin getting 4 more than Martin this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Rikand wrote: »
    That is the decider alright. I've switched it half a dozen times myself in the last 10 minutes.

Think I'm sticking with KDB though

I want to stick with KDB due to his points haul last gameweek. But all the assists were to Aguero :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Have KdeB Sanchez pelle Walcott but I'm going to go with hazard. Could be his turn for a big breakout score this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Fab
    Bertrand Dawson Richards
    Sanchez (c) Ayew Mane Mayrez Payer
    Pelle Lukaku

-8 this week, I can feel a Richards goal this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Wildcard team innit :cool:

Howard
    Dawson - Berty - Davies
    Sanchez - Mata - Ayew - KdB (c)
    Bony - Pelle - Lukaku

Elliot: Jarvis - Souare - Moreno

I could start tinkering and having ditched Hazard before his drop there's a temptation to get him back somehow but I think I need to see a bit of form above the level of "Impending Mutiny" before I go back. My Bony punt is a cheaper version of the Costa one, neither have looked like scoring goals but at least Bony should be in a functioning attack against a 37 year old Distin.

If ye read the transfer thread then my conundrums to reach this team are well known :o First time not having Aguero in my team since sometime last season :(

Good luck all in this weekend of opportunity!

FHFC wrote: »
    That's why I did the last -4. Kolarov and Gomez both needed to go next week anyway. Decent if not brilliant chance of Bellerin getting 4 more than Martin this week.

With so many hits around -16 doesn't sound that bad. Azpi in for Gomez, maybe?

Last time I dd it I send him back straight away.

I knew I shouldn't log on here just before the deadline:D

I'd be looking at City seeing as they've Norwich at home and Villa away around the corner. Easier to pay off the 4 points quickly.

Or should I?

Gomez to Azpi done.

I'd be looking at City seeing as they've Norwich at home and Villa away around the corner. Easier to pay off the 4 points quickly.

Says the guy who has both Begovic and Azpi:D

Will wait for more news about Kolarov.

You never know...

Chelsea defence is a nice differential to have now, they have to strike back, don't they?

Good luck everyone, will follow all the action at work this afternoon, except the early game that I have no interest in really (fpl wise).

hmmm, dont have anyone in the opening kick off. will go do a few bits and pieces and get back in time for the madness at 3 PM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

I'm some dope. Went to make a last minute transfer ; Sinclair out for De Bruyne but transferred Ayew out by mistake instead. Plan was AOA. -8 now. Watch Ayew score big Monday night now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

#THFC team: Lloris (c), Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Alli, Dembele; Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane #COYS

spock. wrote: »
    Confirmed #LFC team v @SpursOfficial: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Lucas, Milner, Lallana, Coutinho, Origi

Looks like Sturridge news was true.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge on bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Took a -12 and I still probably won't field the full 11.

This GW is gonna be a stinker. Made two early transfers with the intention of bringing in KdB for Mahrez (both downgrades to save cash) and then I realised Dier was suspended (d'oh), and then Gomez, Kolarov, and Aguero got injured. I am never making early transfers when there's an international break ever again. Couldn't even get KdB in because of Kolarov and Aguero and the initial money saving transfer wasn't even necessary as I've currently got nearly 8 mil in the bank.

Absolute mess!

Have captaincy on Pelle. Gonna go light a candle for a miracle. I'm an atheist so it's dire straits!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

manual_man wrote: »
    Sturridge on bench?

Nope injured again.

Sturridge on bench?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sturridge on bench?

Nope.

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SpursOfficial: Bogdan, Toure, Allen, Ibe, Sinclair, Teixeira, Randall

Sturridge on bench?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Davies doesn't start :pac:

*Hunts down busts (love you really, it was a good shout that may yet pay off) with shotgun due to no interest in this game unless Souare doesn't play too*

image.png?w=400&c=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Anyone make the unfortunate transfer of Augero to Sturridge?

Advertisement