Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland vs Argentina, Millenium Stadium, KO: 13:00 [MOD WARNING POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

That's your opinion, I wouldn't be sure of that at all.

Bear in mind this was like a home match for us and they wiped the floor with us.

I've been saying it for a while, we need to change our style. I was impressed with Argentina, but not surprised as they troubled the ABs for long periods.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Luke Fitzgerald did well, lovely try and offload for the second try

We should of involved him more, every time he got the ball he looked dangerous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Matt Cooper says back in 30 seconds ,still not back after about 15 adds

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JPCN1

Beaten in every facet of the game. Our lack of pace out wide ruthlessly exposed. SOB will be hurting.

Well done Argentina.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,602 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    lost 6 out of 6 its hard not to call us bottlers. What is the definition of a bottler so?

Being beaten by better teams is different to bottling it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Disappointing lack of aggression in defence. Far too much quick ball for Argentina

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

As already stated joe Schmidt has been too loyal to his former players that he had at Leinster. He needs to look past theses players if Ireland are ever to progress past winning a poor quality six nations. The likes of Dave Kearney and Jordi Murphy just ain't good enough. Zeno and CJ Stander in the future are far superior players. Jack McGrath, Nathan White, Tadgh Furlong likewise. All players who are subs for there provinces yet get plenty of game time with Ireland due to Schmidt selecting players who he has worked with in the past. The like of Dave Kilcoyne are far superior front row row players yet can't even get in the squad. Schmidt can do no wrong in a lot if people's eyes but he needs to learn to look outside Leinster players.

Que a heap of Leinster people and the mod who is obviously a Leinster supporter ridiculing this post but if a player can't get into the Leinster 15 then they shouldn't be in the Ireland 22.

couldnt agree more its blatanlty obvious .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,381 ✭✭✭sjb25

I'm outa hear before I get myself banned some of the dopes posting in here Ireland got beat by the better team no complaints but the let nobody down the did what the could and it wasn't good enough that's it well done to them for the effort

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23 sorta_happy

As already stated joe Schmidt has been too loyal to his former players that he had at Leinster. He needs to look past theses players if Ireland are ever to progress past winning a poor quality six nations. The likes of Dave Kearney and Jordi Murphy just ain't good enough. Zeno and CJ Stander in the future are far superior players. Jack McGrath, Nathan White, Tadgh Furlong likewise. All players who are subs for there provinces yet get plenty of game time with Ireland due to Schmidt selecting players who he has worked with in the past. The like of Dave Kilcoyne are far superior front row row players yet can't even get in the squad. Schmidt can do no wrong in a lot if people's eyes but he needs to learn to look outside Leinster players.

Que a heap of Leinster people and the mod who is obviously a Leinster supporter ridiculing this post but if a player can't get into the Leinster 15 then they shouldn't be in the Ireland 22.

schmidt should be kept on ( though he may not want to himself )

this isnt martin o neil we are talking about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

thebaz wrote: »
    how this team misses BOD , midfield we were very poor - missed the aggression of POM, SOB and POC - fair play to the Pumas played brilliantly.

BRIAN O Driscoll retired a long time ago now. He shouldn't need to be mentioned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well beaten by a better team. No argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

sting60 wrote: »
    80% of posters believed Ireland would win this match according to poll here.80% should give up posting your limited knowledge of rugby.

Oh shut the **** up will you. I suppose you coach the NZ team you have soo much knowledge your self.

80% believed we would win as we went into the game with a genuine chance of winning. Argentina really stepped up their game today and deserved to win. We were limited by our injuries and tiredness from the France game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I'm seriously impressed by Argentina, hugely disappointed with the result but Argentina look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Very Bored wrote: »
    What is it that makes the SH teams so superior to ours? They're almost always light years ahead.

One consistently top team that drags the rest up to their level?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Argentina are our bogie team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

After reading this thread I really hope there isn't a limit on the amount of people you can put on your ignore list...

Simply beaten by a better team today. We would have probably struggled with a fully fit side tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Which is worse tv3 ads or all the injuries?:confused:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

Sprog 4 wrote: »
    I will be definitely supporting the Scots. Always do. If they lose its just the Rugby Championship round II. Less interested in that although I'll be supporting the Argies vs Aus for sure.

It's hugely disappointing for what has been a great WC. I felt wales were the best chance for a semi, because the Boks are limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Last WC for a lot of these guys. Best has been brilliant, he'll be gone. As will Ross, poc obviously and probably Bowe, Johnny, Heaslip and Henry. Start building for the next one I guess but this is disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Henderson, Murphy, Toner, Healy, Rob K, Earls were all anonymous. Madigan was ok, but like many predicted he struggled behind a struggling pack.

Best and McGrath can put their hands up, they were magnificent.

Don't know where to go from here. We could well go on and win the 6 nations but what's it worth? I thought the gap between North and South was narrowing but it's now as big as it has been in recent years. We need a serious rethink, not just in Ireland but in Europe as a whole. I think japan would have made a better fist of it today.

Still immensely proud of the lads. They tried their hearts out. But that's not enough any more. We have a good team but once again we have uunderachieved. We are in limbo somewhere between plucky underdogs and genuine contenders. We need to be winning these games.

The next 4 years will be interesting. It won't be barren by any means, we will win a championship or two in that time. But if that's what it leads to on the biggest stage, what's the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Stev_o wrote: »
    We should of involved him more, every time he got the ball he looked dangerous.

They should have swapped Earls and Fitz when he came on. Earls was having a tough time making any headway in the center.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Argentina certainly the better team on the day, so no real complaints. Argentina looked far more comfortable on the ball. When it was on they could spread the ball quickly to space, Ireland simply didn't have the players to do that.

The question for Schimdt is, does he stick with a gameplan that is successful in the 6 Nations or does he adopt a style a play that can make Ireland compete with the SH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Being beaten by better teams is different to bottling it

Being beaten by better teams on the day is considered bottling it .

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭whatever_

awec wrote: »
    Mods will be going back through this thread and getting rid of anyone being a dick.

If you want to keep posting here keep the provinicial nonsense, player abuse, coach abuse and whatever other inane rubbish you have on your minds out of the forum. Ta.

Perhaps they should start with those that can't express themselves without using bad language and bad grammar.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Rightwing wrote: »
    Bear in mind this was like a home match for us and they wiped the floor with us.

I've been saying it for a while, we need to change our style. I was impressed with Argentina, but not surprised as they troubled the ABs for long periods.

And we were missing Paul O'Connell, Sean O'Brien, Peter O'Mahoney, Jared Payne and Jonny Sexton. They're all pretty good at rugby.

This Ireland team has beaten South Africa and Australia and we were a dodgy last minute penalty decision away from beating New Zealand. You've completely lost perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Heaslip in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,103 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Death, taxes, Ireland losing in the quarters. I'm young yet, plenty of opportunities to be disappointed to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

mod warning in OP. Bans will be handed out for infringements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

The same rugby fans that sang it last night at a match that Ireland weren't even playing in? Still, great to get a dig in at soccer all the same. Isn't rugby just so superior, and aren't we such superior people as rugby fans?

Well said. Rugby fans who have never played the game but know someone who knows a rugby player so they are an expert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

They should have swapped Earls and Fitz when he came on. Earls was having a tough time making any headway in the center.

Yeah thought that myself, would of been interesting. Nothing seemed to happen in our midfield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement