Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Businesses/Shops opening in Cork city/suburbs.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭snotboogie

RINO87 wrote: »
    ...only around the corner from Sth. Main Street and all. For shame Diageo, for shame. Surely we must boycott this inferior establishment??

Bizarre line:

How Corkonians will react to the arrival of a Dublin brewer into a city with its own proud history of brewing is anyone’s guess, but with little left of Beamish & Crawford — other than the famous Counting House — and Murphy’s gone Dutch, whatever pride we had is long swallowed, along with more than a fair share of the black stuff.

So Murphys are now Dutch but Guinness are still from Dublin, despite being owned by British company Diageo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

rob316 wrote: »
    So there is a pop up going in there. Guinness store in Cork? Its Beamish down here lads :pac:

Murphy's for me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

happyday wrote: »
    Murphy's for me please.

I'll allow it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

L'Atitude 51 reopens tomorrow initially as a wine shop, also doing takeaway coffee and toasties.

Back fully open as a wine bar once restrictions lift

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

L'Atitude 51 reopens tomorrow initially as a wine shop, also doing takeaway coffee and toasties.

Back fully open as a wine bar once restrictions lift

Good to see them back in business. Between them Charlie's and El Fenix nice choice of pubs over that side of city.

• Advertisement

Does Clare Nash have a hotline to the radio? Everytime I turn it on and shes on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Does Clare Nash have a hotline to the radio? Everytime I turn it on and shes on it.

Most people are afraid to say no to her. I had business dealings with her in the past so always stayed on the right side of being professional in my dealings with her but not any longer so I might not be so polite the next time I meet her.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

those poor trees

They'll live.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭timmyjimmy

I used to go to Nash 19 but I stopped due to how rude she was to her staff. Not sure why she is such a voice, she could do with some manners.

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    I used to go to Nash 19 but I stopped due to how rude she was to her staff. Not sure why she is such a voice, she could do with some manners.

Sounds like an absolute wagon. The other voice down the street Richard Jacob in Idaho is another I reach for the mute button.

I've ate in Nash 19 a couple of times, the food was good but the service is pretentious. Carrying your tray to your table, pouring your water, handing you a newspaper. I came in for a sandwich ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭PreCocious

[QUOTE=rob316;115435874
    I've ate in Nash 19 a couple of times, the food was good but the service is pretentious. Carrying your tray to your table, pouring your water, handing you a newspaper. I came in for a sandwich ffs[/QUOTE]

The South Mall crowd like that treatment. Makes them feel like royalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Sounds like an absolute wagon. The other voice down the street Richard Jacob in Idaho is another I reach for the mute button.

I've ate in Nash 19 a couple of times, the food was good but the service is pretentious. Carrying your tray to your table, pouring your water, handing you a newspaper. I came in for a sandwich ffs

In fairness, both have been around for a long time with successful businesses. I don't know about Nash but I know someone working for Idaho and they loved it. Both sustainable businesses, Idaho has been hit particularly hard

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I don't know about Nash but I know someone working for Idaho and they loved it.

I also know someone who worked there.
    I haven't darkened their door in 20 years as a result of how my friend was treated by them.

My friend loved working there too, until she wanted to move on. Then things got nasty.

I would never go back in there, I was having lunch in there one day and she berated an employee within earshot, absolutely awful, I felt so sorry for the girl , I don't know how anyone works there tbh.

timmyjimmy wrote: »
    Exactly the same as what I saw. You go to a restaurant to enjoy a meal, not see someone abusing staff, she's absolute wagon who has over inflated opinion of herself. It left an awful taste in my mouth (pardon the pun). Won't be back.

In those situations, I always feel like telling the offending manager/owner what I think and that as a result of their behaviour, I will no longer offer my custom, but I'm always afraid that they would just further take it out on the unfortunate staff member.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I would never go back in there, I was having lunch in there one day and she berated an employee within earshot, absolutely awful, I felt so sorry for the girl , I don't know how anyone works there tbh.

What’s the name of this place so I can make sure to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

fin12 wrote: »
    What’s the name of this place so I can make sure to avoid.

Nash 19 on Princes Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My friends sister used work there and she used always be yelling making her cry.
    I’m fairly sure she fell at work and broke something and never went back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

My friends sister used work there and she used always be yelling making her cry.
    I’m fairly sure she fell at work and broke something and never went back.

Why didn’t she sue them? I know of a few people have had accidents at work , one a broken foot and took a case against the employer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,230 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

fin12 wrote: »
    Why didn’t she sue them? I know of a few people have had accidents at work , one a broken foot and took a case against the employer.

I’m fairly sure she didn’t sue but she may have. Her family are in a similar business and they hate suing people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

This is starting to flirt with defamatory territory - discussion fine but not necessarily calling people names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭opus

Open for takeaway presumably as a wine shop.

534466.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭ofcork

JohnK wrote: »
    The pizzeria is Donatello's

Gone very expensive especially since covid hit.

So there is a pop up going in there. Guinness store in Cork? Its Beamish down here lads :pac:

What an odd thing to open in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭chrisd2019

What an odd thing to open in the city.

Am I correct in assuming the stock to be sold is that which the yanks would have bought if there was no Covid this year.

chrisd2019 wrote: »
    Am I correct in assuming the stock to be sold is that which the yanks would have bought if there was no Covid this year.

Can't see huge demand for it in Cork.

I'm sure if they had excess stock they could always sell to yanks or other would be tourists online rather than renting a unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I'm sure if they had excess stock they could always sell to yanks or other would be tourists online rather than renting a unit?

Handy stocking fillers aplenty probably

?

Why?
    I'm pretty sure Guinness oursells both Beamish and Murphy's in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

People can buy them to post to relatives / friends in the USA, for example. Potentially non-Irish who love the Guinness brand in Cork too, who would pick the stuff up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭.red.

That Guinness shop makes no sense to me, they're usually aimed at tourists who won't be here while the shop is open.
    I'm sure thy have a marketing team that know the business model better than me tho.

Advertisement