Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most satisfying revenge kills in films?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

John Doe Se7en

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

John Doe Se7en

Excellent example of a revenge killing .......... the question is who is most satisfied by the killing?

Detective David Mills because his wife's murder is avenged ........ or John Doe as his plan worked out perfectly??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Well not a film but definately a revenge killing, Cartman and Scott Tenemans parents.

"Nana nana na na i made you eat your parents" :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Leon the professional at the
    "This is from Matilda" scene
    ; honestly you could argue the whole scene arc to be included :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

John Doe Se7en

Really? I found that quite dissatisfying (which I think was intentional).

As Somerset says, "If you kill him, he will win".

• Advertisement

A question I've already asked .......... thinking about it now maybe everybody is satisfied?

John Doe is certainly satisfied that his plan came to fruition .......

Detective Mills is satisfied that he did the "right" thing in killing John Doe .........

I remember when watching it the first time thinking that if I was in Detective Mills position I would have done the same thing so I was satisfied that justice had been done .........

I'd even suspect that Detective Somerset would not shed a tear at the loss of John Doe's life ..........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Once I knew what was in the box I would have done what Mills did, so therefore I found the revenge killing most satisfying as I'm sure John Doe was satisfied that his master plan was executed to perfection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

Once I knew what was in the box I would have done what Mills did, so therefore I found the revenge killing most satisfying as I'm sure John Doe was satisfied that his master plan was executed to perfection!
    MadDog76 wrote: »
    A question I've already asked .......... thinking about it now maybe everybody is satisfied?

John Doe is certainly satisfied that his plan came to fruition .......

Detective Mills is satisfied that he did the "right" thing in killing John Doe .........

I remember when watching it the first time thinking that if I was in Detective Mills position I would have done the same thing so I was satisfied that justice had been done .........

I'd even suspect that Detective Somerset would not shed a tear at the loss of John Doe's life ..........

I wonder, what are we to assume happens to Detective Mills after the film? Is he arrested to murdering an unarmed man who was not endangering his life in any way?

I imagine he would be. He may not serve jail time, but his career - in addition to his personal life - would almost certainly be in tatters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

One im thinking of with a bit of a twist that makes you go "ah ****" is "Fallen" with Denzel Washington.

You get the "yay" moment at the end when you think his plan has worked by killing himself and that he is outsmarting the demon but it doesnt quite work out how he planned.

Spoiler alert??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

Tommy Marcano and John Reilly catching up with their abuser in Sleepers

Slim killing Cheese as payback for Prop Joe in The Wire

• Advertisement

I wonder, what are we to assume happens to Detective Mills after the film? Is he arrested to murdering an unarmed man who was not endangering his life in any way?

I imagine he would be. He may not serve jail time, but his career - in addition to his personal life - would almost certainly be in tatters.

I think upon finding that his wife, as well as his unborn child (if I remember correctly?), are dead then nothing else really matters to Detective Mills ........ there was nothing left for him to do on this earth except avenge his loved ones murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭the dark phantom

When Scarface kills Frank Lopez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Spoiler alert??

Mad dog and Makeemlaugh are having a full conversation about a whole scenario of a movie that i have never seen and im not complaining.

I would imagine the thread is supposed to generate conversations about the revenge scenes rather than people just listing movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭GraphicGaming

Sleepers brilliant plan great film. Great revenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Pick any of them from Taken, though my favourite is "You don't remember me. We spoke on the phone two days ago."

The tattooed pimp in The Equalizer ("you should have taken the money").

Hartigan and the yellow bastard in sin city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Martyrs (2008 French horror)
    when she blasts the family with the shotgun I was wondering what the hell was going on but then you find out her motivations and it makes sense

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

brevity wrote: »
    The movie Sleepers jumps out at me...
    Kevin Bacon's character getting shot in knees-he ****ing had it coming as well

Not a death as such, but I love when De Niro's briefly former gangster cum priest character threatens the stepdad after he puts the kid in hospital:l

"You won't need a doctor when I'm done, you'll need a priest - to pray over your body..... See you in church."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It wasn't a kill but when Jake found out who raped his daughter in Once Were Warriors.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Ipso wrote: »
    It wasn't a kill but when Jake found out who raped his daughter in Once Were Warriors.
    "Uncle Bully... Uncle ****ing Bully!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Second revenge killing?

Another Lord gets killed after invoking his Riggs to spending the wedding night with a newly married bride.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Keanu Reeves death in the Watcher.

Gratuitous as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

The Patriot.

I saw this one in the cinema when it came out and actually yelled out 'YES' when
    Mel Gibson kills Jason Isaacs in the end
    . Oh my gosh was that ever satisfying!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

One of my all time favourite films for some strange reason is the remake of the count of monte cristo. Good fight at the end and Guy Pearce plays the villain so shamefully that you really want him to get it and the finishing line is brilliant "What happened to your mercy?........ I'm a count not a saint"

Also not a film but Seywer shooting Tom in lost, actually made me cheer. Again another good line "Why did you do that he surrendered....I didn't believe him"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,049 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

There are some sweet kills in Get Carter like his
    handling of Cliff Brumby
    but his killing of
    Eric Paice in the same fashion as he did to his brother
    was quite satisfying. Shame about
    what happens a few moments later. :p

Not a movie and its already mentioned but

Omar Little and Brother Mouzone plugging Stringer Bell at the end of season 3 of the Wire.

That was epic.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,518 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

The Crow
    Killing Top Dollar on the top of the church by giving him back all the pain and suffering that his gang had inflicted

Nody wrote: »
    Leon the professional at the
    "This is from Matilda" scene

There was a deleted scene that set the backstory for that moment, it's a shame they didn't leave it in the US release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9jlbNGfAwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sphynxinatron

Breakdown, when Kurt Rusell's character finally kills JT Walsh's character, it was awesome.
    Also the original Taken, marco from tropoja lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,338 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

not film but in Breaking Bad when
    Walther gets Tio to blow Gustavo Fring up and the realisation on his face before the explosion

also not your typical satisfactory revenge ending but the ending of Oldboy was deliciously enacted

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Not a kill, but "the girl with the dragon tattoo" where she takes revenge on her guardian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Columbiana with Zoe Saldana, great film

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Anyone for a bit of "Carrie"?

Advertisement