Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airline/Airport/Travel questions and queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

….

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

This might be old news, but I was delighted to find this morning that the new machines are in the security at Dublin Airport (terminal 1 anyway) - so no more separating liquids or taking stuff out of bags - hurray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,074 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

I presume the only flights to LCY London City from Ireland are from Dublin?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yes… used them on Friday… it’s great when you are travelling with about 4-5 phones and nintendos & tablets etc…

• Advertisement

Does anyone know why Ryanair would have no flights at all listed for Seville next April and May? All other months before and after have flights listed, but those two months are blank.

I've tried tweeting them, but it's just disappeared. Been around the website about 10 times and got nowhere but a chatbot that misunderstood the question completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,107 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I've noticed the same from other airports, April and May simply not on sale. Very peculiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Flew Dublin Terminal 1 today and we had to take everything out of the bag including tablets and laptop.

Just an update - these flights have now appeared and are bookable. No idea why the delay with those months, and no response whatsoever from Ryanair when I asked on twitter apart from a response from what looked like a bot/spammer/phisher

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

They have a mix of the old scanners and new scanners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Lanes 3 and 4 are definitely the new type of scanner in terminal 1, so aim for those if you can 😉

Ryanair like to play silly buggers with Dublin Airport all the time… it involves moving Dublin based aircraft to other bases, and thus Dublin airport loses all of or some of the routes that those planes flew….

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Steve2120

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the reason on why Aer Lingus used their A330 fleet for their flights to Lanzarote for the whole month of September?

TIA

Higher demand maybe?

I flew Dublin - Faro a few years back on an A330 and I know it was a regular once a week operation in the 330, and also once flew home from Malaga on an A330, which was also regular on certain days (when a 330 had a spare day that it wasn’t flying transatlantic…)

I was also in CDG 2 weeks ago for the rugby and saw an A330 on stand.

But for the whole month of September on the Lanzarote route… seems a bit odd!

I wonder was it to facilitate pilot training (shorter legs meaning more landings/take off opportunities to get pilots up to speed quicker)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭bikeman1

It wasn’t for the whole month of September. Only on certain days when they were short of the allocated A320 due to maintenance shortages. They often run two flights into one and put a 330 on when they are short.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Does anyone know if/when AL will release flights for Fuerteventura? They only show them up until end of March, want to book for May but would rather AL than RA. Support just said keep an eye on website. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's only six months away - not long!

Life ain't always empty.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

yeah just wondering are they pulling the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭orionm_73

I could be wrong but I think FUE is a winter only destination for EI.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Lockheed

FUE is indeed winter only. There won't be any EI flights there in May, unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep once the snow melts there's little point going there 😄

never heard of a winter-only sun route before.

Life ain't always empty.

Ok thanks for update RA it is so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Is there a specific date or even time of the year that Ryanair & Aer Lingus release their summer schedules? I'm looking for flights next summer and I'm wondering should I wait until new routes/times/capacity are added.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

anyone got experience of KLM cancelling a flight a few hours before take off and then the person making their own arrangements when there was a return flight at stake?

I had a flight booked from Poland to Newcastle through Amsterdam today.

klm cancelled the flight citing weather which seems strange as other klm flights left from amsterdam at the same time.

i booked alternative travel arrangements to get to Newcastle as planned today with a different carrier.

klm rescheduled a flight for tomorrow: through Frankfurt and Paris 😳

I obviously won’t be physically on that flight.

now I seem to be learning if I don’t show up for the flight they will cancel my return on Monday which I still need. If I choose to cancel the reschedule, they will refund me but also cancel my return.

not sure what to do as by my reading unless KLM take exceptional action my flight back on Monday is toast and I have to pay a big wedge to rebook it

their customer service was no good to deal with and I’m not reassured.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 melchior1951

You should be able to cancel just the outbound journey in this case and get a refund for that. Customer service should be able to handle this for you so your return flight would not be affected.

EDIT: Legally they would have to pay for your alternative outbound flight as well since you're entitled to the next available flight, even with a different airline. You're flight was obviously earlier than their rebooking the next day. Although you would have had to ask first to be rebooked on your routing choice. Only if they refuse or don't answer, you can book on your own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,319 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Having been in a similar scenario before I would strongly expect your return flight is toast no matter what you do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Cool, they had us on hold for 55 mins before giving in and just giving us our flight back. We’ll see what else they offer on my submitted claim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Haven't flown into LHR in a while from Dublin. Does anyone know how long it takes to get through the airport and onto a train? Landing at 10:15am and need to be in Tottenham Court Road for 1pm, wondering if this is a tight window. TIA

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

Advertisement