Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Lighting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭vinne

Muckit wrote: »
    Which are the best LED lights, those with the single yellow square in the middle or with the lines of LEDS inside the lense? IYKWIM

I read up a good bit about LED lighting before I bought mind and they all seem to say ,the ones with the yellow square are by far the best

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Bscan86

vinne wrote:
    I think fluorescent , metal halides and halogen are a thing of the past I've changed over to LED and I'm more than happy with the lights

Agreed that LEDs are the future but I have found that quite a few LED floodlights I have put up for people hav had to be replaced after 18 months or so. Whereas metal halides are still the most reliable floodlight, you'd be unlucky not to get 5 years out of a bulb from my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Bscan86

Bullocks wrote:
    I think it's the one with the small lad in the middle that are better

Yes they seem to endure better than the cluster. Some GU10 LED replacement bulbs in cluster form hav been a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Niall80

As a customer of 247 lighting I have stocked their product for 4/5 years now and never had an issue with the quality and believe it to be the best out there on the market. They will also stand by any warranty issues and supply us with a fully E-marked range.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭johndeere3350

Niall80 wrote: »
    As a customer of 247 lighting I have stocked their product for 4/5 years now and never had an issue with the quality and believe it to be the best out there on the market. They will also stand by any warranty issues and supply us with a fully E-marked range.

I've seen a whole host of there stuff blown infact I handed a blown one to one of there reps one time and he said they get a good few back and he just replaced it there and then.
    Don't get me wrong now I'm not cutting the product.
    They have there place on the market that's for sure there a good little cost effective light.
    One thing that must really annoying the likes of yourself is they supply to every tom dick and harry in the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭st1979

I just buy the cheap LEDs from eBay. About 25% of the cost of the ones in my local motor factors. Have the floodlights on tractor 2 yrs now cost about 15 euro each cause I bought 10 at a time. None blown and serious light.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

st1979 wrote: »
    I just buy the cheap LEDs from eBay. About 25% of the cost of the ones in my local motor factors. Have the floodlights on tractor 2 yrs now cost about 15 euro each cause I bought 10 at a time. None blown and serious light.

Any brand in particular or a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rathbeg

vinne wrote: »
    Hi there , just wanted to know if any of ye had changed from fluorescent to LED tubes and from Halogen to LED floodlights

yea I replaced a few fluorescent tubes to led tubes and found them a much clearer , brighter light but they were pricie by comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Farmwife1

vinne wrote: »
    I ordered LED tubes and LED floodlights from farmlighting.ie when I get them I'll report back on the quality of them

Hi Vinnie

How did you get on with those lights - was the quality good?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭vinne

Farmwife1 wrote: »
    Hi Vinnie

How did you get on with those lights - was the quality good?

Thank you

The quality was very good , very happy with them and great light out of them. I also got some led tractor lights and they are definitely the best i have ever come across

• Advertisement

Thanks Vinnie - I spoke with the electrician and he said to get two 30 watt flood lights. Thanks a million - I will let you know how I get on.

We put up them led lights for farmlighting.ie and they are super . We also got some led trailer lights, beacons and a reversing camera,we were very happy with the price , thanks for the link Vinnie

We put up them LED lights from farmlighting.ie and they are super . We also got some led trailer lights, beacons and a reversing camera,we were very happy with the price , thanks for the link Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

We’re going to put lights in the cattle shed
    It’s a 3 bay double with creep/calving pens behind the slats on 1 side
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on LED’s
    For calving pens, would you have extra lights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭emaherx

We’re going to put lights in the cattle shed
    It’s a 3 bay double with creep/calving pens behind the slats on 1 side
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on LED’s
    For calving pens, would you have extra lights

LEDs are great and now the standard option for most lighting. This thread is five years old and in that time LED's have become the only option from many suppliers.

emaherx wrote: »
    LEDs are great and now the standard option for most lighting. This thread is five years old and in that time LED's have become the only option from many suppliers.

Was chatting the electrician earlier and he’s had problems with LED lights and we’ll have to source ourselves
    Just wondering if there are any to avoid
    Also what do people do in calving areas
    Is it the same lighting as creep areas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Got led battens off screwfix a few years ago and have been replacing old ones with them ever since. Great light and some are left on 24hrs a day during the winter/calving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭emaherx

Was chatting the electrician earlier and he’s had problems with LED lights and we’ll have to source ourselves
    Just wondering if there are any to avoid
    Also what do people do in calving areas
    Is it the same lighting as creep areas?

It's like everything else these days. There is a lot of cheap electronic components in circulation. LED's are low voltage components and often the integrated PSU's can fail long before the LEDs themselves do. Sticking to known brand names is worth considering and avoid anything that looks too cheap.

Got prices for electrics
    Lights are 1x23w LED IP65 4K
    Would this be bright enough in a calving pen?

Advertisement