Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is wrong with the site? (Please read updated post #1)

Options

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Testing emojis:

😀 😂 😎

Edit: 😣 aka Sad Face.

:(

Emoji seem to work OK here.

Boards.ie Employee

:confused::confused::confused:

Maybe it's a Reply to Thread related issue?

Edit: Nope. Hmmm...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

😎?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is their a difference between Smilies and Emojis?

Boards Smilies seem to work, is the problem with Emojis that are from another software program like on an apple iphone?

Boards.ie Employee

my3cents wrote: »
    Is their a difference between Smilies and Emojis?

Boards Smilies seem to work, is the problem with Emojis that are from another software program like on an apple iphone?

Interesting point. Will double check that these were supported to begin with 😆

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Seems to be an encoding issue and possibly something that could be rectified in the database. It does mean that these were never supported though and a side issue to the € and accented characters being broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,141 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Dunno. They work everywhere else. It's just Boards doesn't seem to recognise them.

Test

😂

Works on legacy but not touch (was always the case).

Boards.ie Employee

Tech team are doing a deployment, so just a heads-up that things could get erratic. Hopefully everything behaves!

Boards.ie Employee

Hey everyone,

We're doing some site maintenance tomorrow morning; everything should be back to normal for the (standard) working day, but there may be some disruption when you're having breakfast and commuting. There may be some disruption between 5am and 9am, but hopefully nothing too severe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Is it just me or is the site 'clunky' now already? It's taking a while to load anything both on touch and legacy for the last hour for me..

Is it just me or is the site 'clunky' now already? It's taking a while to load anything both on touch and legacy for the last hour for me..

Its clunky as hell now anyway........

Edit:

My bad- should have read Mark's post first........

Boards.ie Employee

Sorry to hear you were having issues :| Hopefully everything's back to normal now!
    Its clunky as hell now anyway........

Edit:

My bad- should have read Mark's post first........

:) Normal order should be restored now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up - we're having an issue with some of the webnodes that service the responsive site - working to correct this at the moment but you there maybe plenty of 500 errors in the mean time on the responsive.

Legacy users should be unaffected.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Just a heads up.

The site is currently unresponsive using Firefox. A 503.

Fine with Edge.

STB. wrote: »
    Just a heads up.

The site is currently unresponsive using Firefox. A 503.

Fine with Edge.

Cheers for the heads up. Should be back now. Still working on resolving the problem so probably won't be stable for a while yet.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick heads up - we're having an issue with some of the webnodes that service the responsive site - working to correct this at the moment but you there maybe plenty of 500 errors in the mean time on the responsive.

Legacy users should be unaffected.

All should be sorted now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

On the legacy touch site on android.

Every time I leave boards, I'm made to click some captcha thing every time I go back to board. Dunno if it's a new thing or a glitch.

Using 'puffin' browser, if that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

I keep having to refresh the page I click on a heading and I get a blank page half the time.

Boards.ie Employee

On the legacy touch site on android.

Every time I leave boards, I'm made to click some captcha thing every time I go back to board. Dunno if it's a new thing or a glitch.

Using 'puffin' browser, if that makes a difference.

Are you accessing from outside of Ireland? We've had some issues with foreign IPs of late, so Cloudflare is presenting more Captchas...
    ofcork wrote: »
    I keep having to refresh the page I click on a heading and I get a blank page half the time.

This is occurring when you visit a thread? What browser and OS are you using? Have you cleared your cache?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Are you accessing from outside of Ireland? We've had some issues with foreign IPs of late, so Cloudflare is presenting more Captchas...

This is occurring when you visit a thread? What browser and OS are you using? Have you cleared your cache?

Ah, that explains it. I think the browser I'm using uses an American IP so that's what it is. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

I'm using internet explorer with windows 10 haven't cleared cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

The new mobile site is unusable

Boards.ie Employee

lawred2 wrote: »

Can you give a little more detail in what you're experiencing please? What error message(s) are you getting? What OS and browser are you using? And have you tried the usual steps of clearing cache, using incognito mode, and trying a different browser?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,305 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Can you give a little more detail in what you're experiencing please? What error message(s) are you getting? What OS and browser are you using? And have you tried the usual steps of clearing cache, using incognito mode, and trying a different browser?

Well I find it goes between new and legacy mode at random - which usually means losing location in the current thread.

Edit post/quote post usually never works - just gives me a text box to enter a reason for editing but not the actual post itself.

Using chrome on android.

lawred2 wrote: »

Other than having to load pages twice or three times- its fine here.......

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

any update on the scroll down option for the menu list?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

carolmon wrote: »
    any update on the scroll down option for the menu list?

Was just about to post about this too. It is still not showing all the available subforums when you use the topics & go into an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yep, I came to post about the menu scroll too. Only happens when logged in. If I log out the scroll bar is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,571 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Legacy site, firefox on windows 7.

Temperature (degrees) sign (°) appears as ? when used in quick reply post.

If replaced back again by ° in quick edit mode - stays fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement