Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 Senior Championship Draw ?

Options
  • 03-10-2015 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭

Don't these usually happen around this week ?

Thursday night or so.

No news of them yet

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

good question. Was wondering myself, so hoked about and came across this :
    Teams will discover the identity of their first round opponents when the draws for the 2016 senior provincial hurling and football championships take place live on RTE2 television on Thursday week, October 15.

http://gaaclub.ie/2016-championship-draws-next-week/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

On tonight 8pm RTE2 TV and RTE Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Please dont give Meath, Carlow/Wicklow again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭eigrod

Leinster hurling draw is a bit farcical. A qualifier group of Offaly, Westmeath, Carlow & Kerry - the winners will play Galway in QF and the runners up will play Laois. Surely you'd be better finishing 2nd then ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Boots234

Cork v Tipp in first round of Munster hurling!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Happy to get Waterford in the semi final. Very similar style of play and will be a great test first up against a very progressive team.

Time for Davy to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Wow !!! Cork v Tipp in Prelim Rd., aka quarter final.

Happy to get Waterford in the semi final. Very similar style of play and will be a great test first up against a very progressive team.

Time for Davy to step up.

Waterford certainly a tough nut now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Patww79 wrote: »
    Munster is some show. No matter what came out it was going to be good, though that quarter final looks like a great way to kick it off.

It's a great championship. Semple for the final is on the bucketlist and I'd be no huge lover of the stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Offaly hopefully come second, win and they lose to Galway they are back in round robin next year, come second and they beat Laois they avoid it for 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Galway play in Leinster because of no Connacht championship why are Kerry not in Munster draw instead of Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Got Antrim's place because of winning the 2nd tier thing didn't they?

Right, but why not put them in Munster anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Winner of the Christy Ring Cup goes into the Leinster Champo. Very unfair. Why should Leinster have to take them (whoever they are) AND Galway, while Munster gets to remain a closed shop of just 5 counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Another Kerry v Cork Munster football final by the looks of it.

Munster Football.
    Clare/Lim v Kerry
    Watford/Tipp v Cork

No sign of A and B sides yet but that does not mean that they will introduce them later

Edit : Actually there is an A and B.
    Right now Cork, Mayo and Galway are the big guns in B.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Winner of the Christy Ring Cup goes into the Leinster Champo. Very unfair. Why should Leinster have to take them (whoever they are) AND Galway, while Munster gets to remain a closed shop of just 5 counties?

Well, the Munster C'ship is miles ahead of Leinster this year. Antrim have retreated to the hills, so its logical enough to replace them. Kerry would be slaughtered by any of the Munster teams. And that would serve no useful purpose.

Mayo or London v Galway in Connacht SF

Didn't realise Cork and Kerry had a chance of meeting before the final, though the Munster council have dodged a bullet. When did they stop pre-arranging it, is this the first year?

Its the first year in long time. There was no seperation for a few years in the late 90s/ early 00s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Its the first year in long time. There was no seperation for a few years in the late 90s/ early 00s.

They played in the semi final in 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Well, the Munster C'ship is miles ahead of Leinster this year. Antrim have retreated to the hills, so its logical enough to replace them. Kerry would be slaughtered by any of the Munster teams. And that would serve no useful purpose.

I'm pretty sure they would be slaughtered by Galway and Killkenny too & put down with relative ease by the likes of Wexford and Dublin. What useful purpose would that serve either?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Connacht draw not too dissimilar from last year, Mayo will walk it again I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,329 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Connacht draw not too dissimilar from last year, Mayo will walk it again I'm afraid.

People will say that every year until the year they are finally beaten. When it happens it'll probably come out of the blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Borders no.2

Kerry won't get as far as playing the likes of Kilkenny. Unlikely they'll meet Galway, Wexford or Dublin. The games against Carlow and Westmeath are good games at their level and a shot at Offaly. If they do happen to finish 2nd in the group, they'd be relatively competitive against Laois I'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Someone (I think Zombie Hanley) was saying that if Kerry come through the quaifier they would go into Munster and not into Leinster.

I don't buy the argument that they should be kept out of Muster because they are not good enough, they played in the Munster championship for enough years no reason they shouldn't go back their.

Also as I keep saying utterly ridiculous given the amount of teams in Leinster that Kilkenny go straight into a semi final. Give the people wha they want, i.e the best teams playing more games.

Advertisement