Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC'15 Pool D: Ireland vs Italy, RWC. KO Sunday 4:45PM TV3/ITV1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Stheno wrote: »
    They do it ever Ireland game.

God forbid we get to a semi final, they'll probably start the buildup at 8am

Don't ever go to the States during Superbowl week. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Cheeky.

CQe0LYOUYAAjQBn.jpg

Again with the wrong flags.

CQey4tiWgAEe0M2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

CQey4tiWgAEe0M2.jpg

If you care so strongly about this I think you need to ring up the IRFU and ask them why they do it, because its not a mistake, they do it at the home games too

• Advertisement

Haven't yet managed to watch much of any of the build ups for Ireland bar bits and pieces which are not that interesting and littered with ads.

I've done well with the amount of rugby I've gotten to watch but have missed out of build ups as a result.

Either way, what I've watched just doesn't do it for me, maybe I'm just too used to RTE, just feels flat.

Back on topic, no injuries and 20 point margin please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

CQey4tiWgAEe0M2.jpg

What wrong flags?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭token56

Tompatrick wrote: »
    What wrong flags?

I think they are using the Offaly flag instead of the Ireland one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

It's the tricolour and the Ulster flag, what am I missing?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What wrong flags?

Ireland flag and Ulster flag. It's what they use for every game though it doesn't entirely make sense.

• Advertisement

What wrong flags?

They've got a tri-colour, obviously representing the Republic of Ireland, and then they've got an Ulster flag representing Ulster. The island of Ireland is not divided into the Republic and Ulster, it's the Republic and Northern Ireland. So, if they're going to use two flags instead of the official Irish Rugby one, they should use the tri-colour and the Northern Irish flag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭smiley_face

no injuries and 20 point margin please.

Yes, even just win and no injuries, save a performance for another day.
    If we can build up 12 point lead from a few penalties early on, and then be patient, the scores will come later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭sjb25

They've got a tri-colour, obviously representing the Republic of Ireland, and then they've got an Ulster flag representing Ulster. The island of Ireland is not divided into the Republic and Ulster, it's the Republic and Northern Ireland. So, if they're going to use two flags instead of the official Irish Rugby one, they should use the tri-colour and the Northern Irish flag.

I see what you are saying and you are right in my eyes in fairness....... Do I personally care not really maybe a strongly worded email may help

sjb25 wrote: »
    I see what you are saying and you are right in my eyes in fairness....... Do I personally care not really maybe a strongly worded email may help

I just don't understand why it's done? I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it just makes no sense. I suppose it's not like anyone is being left out, in fact Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal are being represented twice but Ulster and Northern Ireland are not the same thing so why do it like that? Perhaps there is some reason, maybe when asked about it the Ulster contingent said they'd rather be represented by an Ulster flag than a Northern Ireland one, I don't know? Maybe I will email them...... I'm more curious than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

The northern irish flag might have more "political" ramifications than the Ulster flag?

No such thing as a "Northern Ireland" flag beyond the Union Jack.

Are you referring to the "Ulster Banner" which was officially used from 1953 to 1972 or do you want the Union Jack flown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

That ad with the chimpanzee is actually quite the downer. Pure end of Kidney's reign stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭conditioned games

Don't think he'll be happy until he gets his Union Jack up instead

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Ireland will win a big score against Italy today. Italy will crash and burn if they do rack a huge penalty count and if they become undisciplined against Ireland for the majority of the game.

I reckon Ireland will win today by about 35 to 40 points.

It's also great to see the Irish support out in the green today. I hope they all enjoy the match like we do here. :)

Are you referring to the "Ulster Banner" which was officially used from 1953 to 1972 or do you want the Union Jack flown?

Didn't realise that the white one wasn't an "official" Northern Ireland flag. This could well be the reason for using the Ulster one. Mystery solved?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

What do the NI soccer team use?

Keith 'can't say a positive word about a Leinster player' Wood. Tiresome.

Wants to see more from Heislip, disappointed in him, Sexton can't do anything without the team giving him a platform.

Earls is potentially game changing however.

No idea. This is a rugby thread.

The fans use whatever they feel like, usually Union Jacks and the white Northern Ireland one. I'm pretty sure they have an official flag that's kind of like the rugby one, it's a combination of things. They have the white one on the pitch when they do the anthems.

But anyway.... I laughed at Matt Williams saying he didn't have any clips of Italian attack because they didn't have one :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Can hear the players sing, give it socks POM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭A-Train

Come on Ireland! Straight at them!

Extra tight tops today or it's very cold in there. Lots of nipples on display there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Didn't realise that the white one wasn't an "official" Northern Ireland flag. This could well be the reason for using the Ulster one. Mystery solved?

Some people still use the Ulster Banner but that will offend others especially when it's not an official flag. PSNI uses St Patrick's Saltire but it's still not an official NI flag.

The Ulster flag would keep everyone happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Game On!

Come on Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,824 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Efficient and merciless. Go.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement