Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alek wrote: »
    Where do I sign for the Punchestown race on 18th? They said on FB entries are open from 4th Oct....

Ignore me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

It's open.

Where?

Sorry my mistake, it's not.:o Facebook gave me an old link.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Right. Just in the door from a lunchtime spin around the Park. Set out to find some mud. Succeeded. Slid all over the shop. Now I need some pointers on affordable, mud friendly tyres - clinchers. Ideally from Chain Reaction (I have a voucher).

Also is everyone using spikes in their shoes? I got some running spikes but they don't seem to fit in the holes provided in my shoes - Sidi MTB shoes. Well used so that may be the issue - accumulated gunk/ wear and tear wrecking the threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Slid all over the shop.

What tyres are you on at the moment?

• Advertisement

Michelin Cyclocross Mud 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I don't think you can get much better than that. You can get a more aggressive thread* that will be initially grippier but it will clog in no time - and having 3kg of mud stuck to your tyres is no fun.

* like Schwalbe Rocket Rons or similar with taller, edgier knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

daragh_ wrote: »
    Michelin Cyclocross Mud 2

What pressure did you have them at?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

nak wrote: »
    What pressure did you have them at?

A little bit above 40psi

Maybe I'm overreacting - not having ridden in mud to any great extent. I rolled into an extended patch of mud on a trail and expected to have more traction to get out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

RobFowl wrote: »

Who...? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

daragh_ wrote: »
    A little bit above 40psi

Maybe I'm overreacting - not having ridden in mud to any great extent. I rolled into an extended patch of mud on a trail and expected to have more traction to get out of it.

Depending on your weight, that is quite a high pressure for mud. If you're not running them already, latex tubes can allow you to drop a few psi.

Technique plays a big part in it too. I was told not to fight it and get used to the sliding. That being said, there have been times in races where it was so muddy that the best option was to get off the bike and run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Can anyone recommend a pair of spd compatible cx shoes?

I ain't got em, so I is gotsta go gets them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

@ daragh - I have a set of s/hand mud tyres i can sell you cheaply if you are interested.

@ fat bloke - im using a pair of muddy fox mtb shoes with spikes - about 30 quid on sports direct

lennymc wrote: »
    @ daragh - I have a set of s/hand mud tyres i can sell you cheaply if you are interested.

@ fat bloke - im using a pair of muddy fox mtb shoes with spikes - about 30 quid on sports direct

Cool. Will give you a shout tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I have some battered shoes in size 41 too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    I have some battered shoes in size 41 too

you also have gold shoes. You tart! :)

lennymc wrote: »
    you also have gold shoes. You tart! :)

My road ones have the World champion bands too

#Poseur #Tart #ShamelessFred

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

koutoubia wrote: »
    Who...? :p

Some useless "sprinter".

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Some useless "sprinter".

Fairly handy "sprinter" tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Some useless climber is more to the point,

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

It doth be open now, I think you'll need to scroll sideways on a mobile device.
    https://a1registration.net/event/punchescross

And you need to bring your CI license on the day, it says this after you've ...ponied... up.

Hoping to improve on my Top 90 finish from the Fixx, might even get Top 89 this time around :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

I'm in.

That registration site is a pain in the behind to use on a mobile device!

I'm in, contesting the much sought after 'not last in the B Race' placing.

Bit of a long winded process, but in.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Filled out less forms on my mortgage application but I'm registered too for what will be my first cross race. can't wait ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭easygoing39

The signing up was harder than the race and took nearly as long.What a ball ache of a system!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭comete

I'm in!

• Advertisement

Lady Dixon Belfast races A&B both full !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement