Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Steak Thread SEE OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont think so. Some are usually €2 more expensive (Fillet) others €1 (Rib eye on the bottom of the pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

inforfun wrote: »
    Dont think so. Some are usually €2 more expensive (Fillet) others €1 (Rib eye on the bottom of the pic)

The ones on offer are the 30 day aged ones. 28 day aged are a couple euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Lidl have 200g Fillet steaks on offer from Thursday 1st to Wednesday 7th March. 4 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

CH3OH wrote: »
    Lidl have 200g Fillet steaks on offer from Thursday 1st to Wednesday 7th March. 4 euro each

These are normally €4.79 each and great quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

These are normally €4.79 each and great quality.
    If Lidl would just stock some ready made pepper sauce like Aldi !!

Beam me up Scotty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

If Lidl would just stock some ready made pepper sauce like Aldi !!

if you want a really simple pepper sauce, slice some onions wafer thin, throw them in the pan after you take out your steak to rest, cook them for 3-4 minutes (even a bit of garlic if you're keen) and then take some cream and bung in (you can water down with some milk), scrape the bits off the pan using the cream (deglaze), add in 5/6 turns of black pepper, cook out for 2 minutes. Add in the blood off your nice medium rare steak and serve!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/meat-poultry-signature-taste-supervalu-sirloin-steak-w-pcorn-b-430-grams-/p-1577533000

Signature Taste SuperValu Sirloin Steak W/ Pcorn Butter (430 Grams)
    €7.99

Decent offer combined with the spend €40 get €8 off weekly vouchers they sent out to qualifying real reward customers.

My local SV had 25% off other steaks too but it seems to be just there store as it's not on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just tried the flat iron steaks from Lidl, cooked medium at a high heat and turned often there a very tasty steak. Wouldn't cook any futher than medium.
    Plenty of salt and pepper and a lashing of butter on every flip every minute. Let them stand for a bit before cooking.
    Very impressed.
    €6.49 for 2, 300g but no waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

• Advertisement

That 50% offer i Grants Master Butchers is on very frequently, and I find the prices work out similar to LIDL or SV when on 25-33% off offers. Tried teh fillet once and didn't find it anything special, but could have been just a bad cut or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

LIDL Thurs 15th-21st March

Sirloin steak 400g €4.00 25 day matured
    T-Bone steak 400g €9.00 28 day matured
    Cowboy steak 400g €7.00 28 day matured

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Melendez wrote: »

Forgot to thank you for this Melendez, an awesome rich sauce with a steak.

I got fierce praise altogether for it, you can't bate simple instructions.

That sauce would be a big improvement in a lot of restaurants.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

vicwatson wrote: »
    LIDL Thurs 15th-21st March

Sirloin steak 400g €4.00 25 day matured
    T-Bone steak 400g €9.00 28 day matured
    Cowboy steak 400g €7.00 28 day matured

I can nearly taste 'um now.

Those 28 day matured, you'd nearly ate 'um with a spoon.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Is the dry aged on special?

Is the dry aged on special?

i hope so 'cause that's the one I was thinking of earlier!

Half price sirloin in SV 15-21st Marh - €8.49 per kg

https://supervalu.ie/offers-leaflet/804/mobile/index.html#p=2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Same offer again from Thursday 5th. to 11th April

Did anyone try the Chateaubriand in Lidl, looks expensive.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=8136

Did anyone try the Chateaubriand in Lidl, looks expensive.
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=8136

Must be some piece of meat when it's almost double the price of the fillet that will be on sale for 20 a kg next week.

I like my steaks but don't think I could enjoy a 36 euro a kilo steak twice as much as an ordinary fillet steak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

I had it at christmas and it is delicious

40% off striploin and sirloin steak in SuperValu at the moment - decent price on the striploin at €13.79 per kg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I bought the sirloin in SV - must have chosen a dud as it wasn't as tender as I had hoped but it was ok.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I bought the sirloin in SV - must have chosen a dud as it wasn't as tender as I had hoped but it was ok.

You do need to root around for the best packs - I do find the striploin worth upgrading for compared to the sirloin for sure though!

I've never (perhaps luckily) gotten a steak from SV that wasn't classed as "I'd 8thatagain" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Augeo wrote: »
    I've never (perhaps luckily) gotten a steak from SV that wasn't classed as "I'd 8thatagain" :)

Quality of the steaks in Supervalu is appalling. I've given up buying them for there because it's always a disappointment. I was there yesterday and saw the two sorriest looking fillet steaks I have ever seen - on offer at 9 euro. I'll be buying the flat irons on offer at Lidl this weekend at 5 which I know will be quality.

There might be a element of which SV store you frequent perhaps. I know the butcher in my local one and the meat has always been top class.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,688 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I think the ex-superquinn stores are supplied by ABP so meat from the butcher counter is quite good in comparison to my local SV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Hit and miss in my local SV Ex SQ though it seems to have improved lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do Supervalue still do those cowboy steaks? Or just on occasion?

Advertisement