Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 6P

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

murphp wrote: »
    Did anyone who got an estimated delivery date of 16th-18th November receive theirs yet?
    Call Google. They hurry it up, although they'll say it's an automated process ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 murphp

1jcdub wrote: »
    Call Google. They hurry it up, although they'll say it's an automated process ;)

Think I'll do that tomorrow. What colour/size combo did you get?

I ordered a 32GB Graphite last Sunday.

kave2 wrote: »
    I ordered mine this morning, at first it was saying 16-18th of November. Got email couple hours ago, shipped.

No way. What colour/size combo did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Anyone who got their experience hassle with the lower back plastic piece being slightly raised.

Skip to 1:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqgev6u7OtU

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭nursewally

I did find it to be slightly raised on the left hand side alright but not very noticeable. Especially under my case.

Im loving it at the moment. Glad to be back to android.

However I'm having serious issues with the Camera App.

It's horrible. A few times when I load in it freezes mid load on a blurred Pic its just taken while trying to load and you have to lock the phone and retry again.

Other than that not having any issues. I'm hoping this minor issue will be sorted with a software update.

• Advertisement

You could probably try a 3rd party camera app on the play store for now. I hear the google one isn't very customisable anyway.

I read on i fixit that that panel is only glued on one side. Probably explains the gap. And as it will be in a case anyway, as long as it doesn't get worse it will be ok I reckon.

On the same youtube video I linked to, people are also complaining about receiving their aluminium 6P's with nicks on the back, loose side buttons, and scratches on the silver chamfered edges. I think I will be leaning towards the carbon version when I finally order my 6P.

Think I'll do that tomorrow. What colour/size combo did you get?

I ordered a 32GB Graphite last Sunday.

I've a 64gb aluminium that's been shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

No way. What colour/size combo did you get?

64Gb, Aluminium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Patww79 wrote: »
    Don't know how common this is but it might be worth watching where you put one down, or even holding off to see how common it is before buying.

http://9to5google.com/2015/11/07/nexus-6ps-visor-back-camera-glass-shattering-cracking/

Seems It may not be just the rear glass.... :eek:

http://www.gsmarena.com/nexus_6p_owners_reporting_shattered_glass_on_the_front_and_back-news-14904.php

I ordered mine this morning, at first it was saying 16-18th of November. Got email couple hours ago, shipped.

Did you status change on the dhl tracking?. Mine is still showing London Heathrow..

• Advertisement

1jcdub wrote: »
    Did you status change on the dhl tracking?. Mine is still showing London Heathrow..

No change. Same as yours.

thomasj wrote: »

That's a bit of a disaster if widespread. Then again you only here from people with issues and there is always a certain percentage of flaws when a product is new. Still....I will wait and see what peoples experiences are on boards before ordering.

Just sold my note4, hopefully 6P comes soon. Status unchanged, still london

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drynne

Ordered by 32gb graphite on 2nd November. Still pending, estimated delivery 16-18 November :(

Spoke to Google online saying I needed to know when my card was going to get charged because I wanted to put something else on it. But she just said it will get charged on the 13th and delivery between the 16th and the 18th.

She didnt even hint I might get it sooner.....

drynne wrote: »
    Ordered by 32gb graphite on 2nd November. Still pending, estimated delivery 16-18 November :(

Spoke to Google online saying I needed to know when my card was going to get charged because I wanted to put something else on it. But she just said it will get charged on the 13th and delivery between the 16th and the 18th.

She didnt even hint I might get it sooner.....

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Same order, except I ordered on Nov 1st. I rang earlier today and was told the same thing, except he said it might come sooner.

I'm basically in the same boat as you. Same order, except I ordered on Nov 1st. I rang earlier today and was told the same thing, except he said it might come sooner.
    Did you guys got tracking number?

You don't get a tracking number until your order is processed a.k.a dispatched.

As far as I know, once you place your order is "Pending", then it goes to "Processing" (this is only when it gets sent out and they take the money and give you a tracking number)..........once this happens then you dont really care whats its at in the Google store, all the focus goes onto the courier!

I was worried something was wrong because they didn't charge me yet, im literally throwing money at them but they dont want it yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

In case anyone needs to return their phone and/or case for any reason the RMA process seems to be very smooth. Got a very prompt reply to my request by email on a Sunday afternoon with pre-payed shipping labels attached. Have scheduled pick up by UPS for tomorrow.

You don't get a tracking number until your order is processed a.k.a dispatched.

As far as I know, once you place your order is "Pending", then it goes to "Processing" (this is only when it gets sent out and they take the money and give you a tracking number)..........once this happens then you dont really care whats its at in the Google store, all the focus goes onto the courier!

I was worried something was wrong because they didn't charge me yet, im literally throwing money at them but they dont want it yet!

DHL tracking updated. Still in London but spoke to DHL and its 24hr delivery. Should have it tomorrow...

Typing this from my 6P :-)

• Advertisement

Hoping to have mine within the hour too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭GoodGamerGuy

I ordered my Graphite 32gb when they came back in stock on October 30th.
    Said it leaves the warehouse by November 12th. Has anybody got any notifications or anything that it's left? Also how long is shipping usually. Going to Prague on Friday evening so would be sweet to have it by then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

How is the camera?

Just in terms of taking pictures - is there much delay from taking 3/4 in row?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I ordered my Graphite 32gb when they came back in stock on October 30th.
    Said it leaves the warehouse by November 12th. Has anybody got any notifications or anything that it's left? Also how long is shipping usually. Going to Prague on Friday evening so would be sweet to have it by then

I've got a pretty detailed post on this a few pages back - screenshot of my tracking info etc

3 of my mates all pre-ordered and got the delivery the day after getting the notification

How is the camera?

Just in terms of taking pictures - is there much delay from taking 3/4 in row?

No, not at all. Just tried it, very very quick. Pretty much no delay.

Anyone knows how to set monthly view on calendar widget?

Just checked my order status, gone from "pending" to "processing". Haven't gotten an email about it being dispatched yet

Just checked my order status, gone from "pending" to "processing". Haven't gotten an email about it being dispatched yet

Me too!

What cases if any are you guys using? Spigen ones are out next week on Amazon. Not sure if I should go with case or skin only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I just got one of the Adopted ones and it seems to be fine.

Advertisement