Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantico [ABC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mr E wrote: »
    I got a feeling last week that they were getting to the end of the bombing storyline. Not even close. :)

Some nice surprises this week, but the writers are starting to tie themselves in knots. Layer upon layer upon layer - it's starting to blur what made the original premise so strong.

The long long wait for episode 12 (March 6th) will kill any momentum that this show had.

Honestly, I think it'd work better as a one and done type series, so I'm hoping that it ends season 1 with some sort of conclusion - so whether it's renewed or cancelled at least there's a decent stopping point.

Too many concept shows like this just run for too long and if anything that will be Quantico's downfall.

I'm still very much enjoying it though and fingers crossed Eliza Coupe will be kept around for the second half of the season. Weird not having her in the usual comedy role, but I'll take what I can get - she's a criminally underused actor, who should be in more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Feck sake Mr.E. Didnt get to watch it till last night.I got an email when i woke up saying somebody replied. Was avoiding boards like the plague.

Yeah Good finished. The bomber seems quite random. Dont recall seeing him.
    I hate when bombs in tv shows are stop always on 1 second left. Makes it too well, obvious. And every bomber knows to set a digital timer countdown.... Hollywood for you, but ill take what i can get.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Walter Bishop

Terrible episode. Moved from 'so bad it's good' to just 'bad' territory now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Im only on episode 4 , I like it but its no Homeland, there aretoo many characters to keep track of and Im getting bored of every progressive meme being in every show, gay guys..check!....black woman boss trainer...check!

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The long long wait for episode 12 (March 6th) will kill any momentum that this show had.

Boom. Exactly what I predicted. Last night was very convoluted. Who was the suicide guy? Have they just introduced a whole new set of suspects? I could barely understand the robotic phonecall at the end.

A bit of a mess, to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Bored now so I'm giving up on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Gotta agree, with what has been said, the new episode was quite a let down and to be honest after the 3 month gap, I'm not really invested in the characters anymore.

Might give it a couple of more episodes, but if it doesn't manage to return to the same form as the first half of the season, I'll probably drop it (especially since it's already been renewed for Season 2 and if they just intend to drag the arse out of it, I'd rather call it quits before feeling I need to watch it out of some weird sense of loyalty).

This week was a big improvement (including a major casualty), but the exercise of the week was a bit tedious.

Great acting by Priyanka Chopra in Ryan's apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Cupra280

I've just watched the first episode on Alibi, and that was after seeing and hearing quite a few promos for this show. I was expecting great things.

But it really didn't grab me. I had just finished Season 4 of House of Cards when I watched the first episode, so I guess that did not help either.

I had initially set this for series link, but I deleted that as soon as the show ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I was about to give up on this because I got bored watching Alex mess up again even when the new characters injected some fresh life into it.

However the scene between where Will Olsen (Jay Armstrong Johnson) confronted Caleb Haas (Graham Rogers) in the dorm room made the episode for me and now I want to see more of this show and Will.

It's hard to keep up with the amount of story lines sometimes but overall it's not a bad piece of telly, even if it's completely removed from reality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I had an unplanned day off work today, so I binge-watched episodes 5-10, and it works very well in this form. It does stretch the limits of probability at times, but it's very much focused on the characters and their secrets. Literally everyone has secrets in this series, from the newest FBI trainee to their instructors and up the chain of command. After Ep. 10 they're closing in on the Who and the How, but the Why is still some ways out of reach.

edit: I particularly enjoyed Anne Heche's guest spot in ep. 9. Several "whoa!" moments in that one.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Did anyone else think "AH COME ON!" for that twist? FFS... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Did anyone else think "AH COME ON!" for that twist? FFS... :rolleyes:

Yeah thought the same. Finale next week so haven't a clue what they can do for Season 2

Apart from the suspect physics of underwater nukes, that finale was pretty bloody good. The recap at the start from Liam's perspective was well done too.

I just don't see how Quantico as an institution will figure into season 2 without bringing in a whole new cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I actually thought it was a bit of an anticlimax. I much preferred the first half of the season to the second. Anyone else think next season should be called
    langly
    rather than quantico?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So will it be renamed The Farm next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I don't mind admitting I enjoyed the whole season. My early guess about the identity of the bomber turned out to be correct, but there were always doubts, and I didn't mind the torturous route it took to get to that revelation in the end. (I watched Revenge to the end, if that tells you anything.)

I think the producers deserve credit for the diversity of the cast, and I don't just mean the skin colours but also shapes & sizes. (Within reason - it was the FBI Academy, after all.) OK, it didn't hurt to cast a former Miss World in the lead role, but one of the leading men had a full beard by the end, and not an ironic one either. The Muslim twins weren't just walking bundles of grievances, but were more individual, rounded characters with different aims and ambitions, and their religion didn't interfere with their training. (I bet the FBI will get more Muslim applicants this year.)

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 28,869 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I'm watching this on Alibi and have to laugh at the fact that when they killed Vasquez, they seem to have also erased her from training at Quantico. Don't think she's appeared in the past since her death. I assume she left or was fired, since ones who left one timeframe remained for the other timeframe

Starts back next week shes in the cia i think

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From Forbes.

Despite this being her first American lead role Priyanka Chopra got paid $11m for the first season to be the 8th highest paid actress on American tv.

To put it into prospective Julianna Margulies 9th got paid $10.5m for the Good Wife.

But she still has a long way to go to catch Sofia Vergara who made $43m last year.

• Advertisement

Cut from the same cloth as season 1 (split timeline, training in the past, terrorist attack in the present), but it's a good start to the new season.

The present day stuff has a lot more potential than season 1.

Quan2co?
    So they talk about the conspiracy in the past and then have this happen in the present. The guy in the room with Ryan and the president seemed to know him. So how many of their class is involved. Now to guess who.

I think this season could be pretty good. Or it could get really dragged out. Thought they were gonna blow up the building and get rid of some of the seaon 1 cast that way.

And the timeline is 6 months between season 1 and the past here, then another year to the present.

If this goes for a 3rd seaon, will she be training at NSA?

That twist at the end seems very "Let's do this simply because they won't see it coming"

Also the instructor at the Farm talking to Booth made it sound like he was trying to recruit him.

I think the the twist at the end was that Miranda already has an ally inside (someone from FBI/CIA and probably someone from season 1). The promo for the next episode showed Alex
    meeting someone that she already knew

I doubt Miranda is involved in the hostage situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

What the hell was ABC thinking renewing this mess? It's gone from over 7 million viewers, to less than 3 million viewers in a year. It got a 0.6 18-49 rating for its latest episode, a few CW shows can even beat that. I do not seeing it getting a third season.

I was completely bored by the last episode. Awful stuff.

I like it. I think they keep it interesting. Saying that, after you mentioned rating I had a Google and I don't know how it got renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,736 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Haven't watched the new season yet but reading the above I'm not sure I should. Has it at least gotten a full season order so that even if it is cancelled, they might at least tie it up a bit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Has it at least gotten a full season order
    Yes, 22 episode order for its second season.

• Advertisement

This came back last night (if anyone cares)

It is a total and utter confusing mess. They're making it up as they go along.

Advertisement