Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quantico [ABC] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Very strong opening episode. Some nice twists and surprises to keep us guessing, and a great hook for the season. I really liked this.

It was good, but the twist with the twin was a little, well, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oh this is a good one. Nice pace, likeable characters, interesting plot, just the right amount of mystery - I'll keep watching this one. Hopefully it doesn't get cancelled now like lots of the good, interesting shows.

There are lots of candidates for cancellation this year, hopefully this one will get through. This could be a great one season story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

I enjoyed the first episode. Some interesting stories that will play out. I see Priyanka Chopra is a big Bollywood actress. 11 million twitter followers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,775 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

this is so stupid, **** network tv, they think the audience are so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

This sounded better in in a summary then before I actually watched it. A woman with a piece of a 9/11 plane a Jew that lived in Gaza- so they are not going for realism at all. I didn't like them revealing so much about the characters in the first episode. I think this would work better as a movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squonk

On a bang for buck basis this is the best season opener I've seen so far. Very likeable overall and a nice bit of mysetery involved. It's on it's feet from almost the get go and keeps the pace going nicely. Definitely much better than I was expecting. Hopefully a combination of just being a good show and Priyanka Chopra's populatiry will keep this away from the clutches of the cancellation bear. That being said, please just leave it as a one season show... please!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I enjoyed the first episode. Some interesting stories that will play out. I see Priyanka Chopra is a big Bollywood actress. 11 million twitter followers.

she doesn't look 33 either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Skerries wrote: »
    she doesn't look 33 either
    Howdy folks ,New to the thread.

Looks like a good show. No , she looks 28 max.
    Still dont know the actors and actress names but sure, it will take me 5 seasons to even get there stage name right :)

They have removed any sort of Indian relationship between her and alex. She really shown as American.

looking forward to episode 2. Its great that its on sunday night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

She is former Miss World as well.

Second episode was great as well. If they keep this pace throughout it should be pretty consistent and hopefully there'll be no filler episodes...

Yeah, I loved it. Great to see a strong, well written female lead too.

Looks like they're going to reintroduce the characters one by one after the attack - a reverse process of elimination.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I'll give it marks for pace, and the action has been decent too.

But boy is it silly.

The shoehorned suggestions that nobody is who they seem with vague references to some ulterior motives (and how most of this made it past the initial screening),seems awfully contrived in terms of plot, and impractical in terms of strategy on the FBI's part. They can't even properly screen agents, but they're playing side gambits as well (Ryan & the twins for example).

That "test" in the 2nd episode was terrible as well. The shows tries to highlight intelligence, but then employ a test where the rules are basically made up as they go along, childlike logic.

I'll give it marks for pace, and the action has been decent too.

But boy is it silly.

The shoehorned suggestions that nobody is who they seem with vague references to some ulterior motives (and how most of this made it past the initial screening),seems awfully contrived in terms of plot, and impractical in terms of strategy on the FBI's part. They can't even properly screen agents, but they're playing side gambits as well (Ryan & the twins for example).

That "test" in the 2nd episode was terrible as well. The shows tries to highlight intelligence, but then employ a test where the rules are basically made up as they go along, childlike logic.

Sometimes you're just supposed to enjoy a TV show for what it is, dude... Not everything is gonna be like The Wire...

It's still better than the majority of the crap out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jesseps

It is an enjoyable show. You can't trust anyone.

I think the non-linear storytelling works especially well for this show. The Quantico days are just as interesting as the Post Grand Central Bombing conspiracy stuff.

Loved the song at the beginning of episode 3 as well.

will be interesting to see if its dragged out much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

hopefully it is just a once off thing like Crisis last year

• Registered Users Posts: 85,474 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Great news. Strange that it's only 6 more episodes and not 9, but they could still order more a little further down the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,398 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It kind of reminds me of Revenge in that it is probably the perfect one season show with a beginning middle and an end mapped out but if the ratings grow and it gets renewed it will become more soap opera and have to many twists that were never planned even if they do say they have a planned 5 season arc.

season going well.

I think this is my favourite new show this year (so far). Really enjoying it.

Mr E wrote: »
    I think this is my favourite new show this year (so far). Really enjoying it.

What new shows are you watching E? Anything good going?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I tried the first episode. It's alright as far as character introductions go. It's super networky. Heavy terrorism theme going on, general mystery. FBI instructors do not actually talk like that. :pac: ;)

Do all ABC shows have the same tone?

Another good one this week... and next week is
    the...biggest....twist....yet
    according to the promo. Is next week a mid-season finale?

bpb101 wrote: »
    What new shows are you watching E? Anything good going?

The only new shows I'm watching this year are Quantico, Limitless, Ash vs. Evil Dead, Blindspot, The Player and Heroes Reborn.

The Player is toast after episode 9, so don't get too invested in that. The others are very good.

Mr E wrote: »
    Another good one this week... and next week is
    the...biggest....twist....yet
    according to the promo. Is next week a mid-season finale?

Yeah, really good episode this week. Seems a bit early for a mid-season break, so I wouldn't bet on it. Usually they'd run through until the start of December, and with Quantico being the most successful of the new ABC shows this year, I'd imagine they wouldn't want to leave a massive gap after only 8 episodes, but you never know.

Speaking of episodes, I haven't seen an official confirmation of this, but I've seen in a few places it being said that a further 3 episodes have been ordered, bringing it up to a full season of 22 episodes (rather than 19 that was previously reported).

Also with NBC having renewed Blindspot for a second season today, I'd imagine ABC will want to quickly follow suit and renew one of their shows, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear of season 2 renewal for Quantico over the next week or so. Which would be great news, assuming they can keep a consistent quality going forward...

• Advertisement

I got a feeling last week that they were getting to the end of the bombing storyline. Not even close. :)

Some nice surprises this week, but the writers are starting to tie themselves in knots. Layer upon layer upon layer - it's starting to blur what made the original premise so strong.

The long long wait for episode 12 (March 6th) will kill any momentum that this show had.

Advertisement