Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witness

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

limnam wrote:
    I was hoping to pick up a physical copy as a gift.

It ain't a gift its a curse!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

sweetie wrote: »
    It ain't a gift its a curse!

They're myst nut jobs. They love punishment. It'll be a gift :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

limnam wrote: »
    They're myst nut jobs. They love punishment. It'll be a gift :pac:

Worth looking into Obduction as well if so - The Witness is IMO a far superior game, although Obduction is really good and a much more direct descendant of Myst. Quite intensive on PC though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Worth looking into Obduction as well if so - The Witness is IMO a far superior game, although Obduction is really good and a much more direct descendant of Myst. Quite intensive on PC though!

Yep, I actually came across a thread you were discussing it a good while back. They have a very old mac so wouldn't be able to play it.

Rumoured to be released on consoles though?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So picked this up because of the hype, I've put 20 mins in....and all it seems to be is just square puzzle after square puzzle embedded in a lovely world.

It's like they made the puzzles first and then the world after. Honestly I'm sick of the drag a line in some squares.

It's the first time in a long time I've been disappointed so much in a game that I let out an audible sigh of annoyance and said 'No, f*ck you' and turned it off.

I went to many areas hoping for something different, but it seems to be just these **** square puzzles.

Maybe the game picks up, maybe there is a lot more depth, but honestly till now I'm so annoyed with these stupid square puzzles (Which I am easily doing, it's not like they're hard) that I'm sick of the game and can't see me going back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

SeantheMan wrote: »
    So picked this up because of the hype, I've put 20 mins in....and all it seems to be is just square puzzle after square puzzle embedded in a lovely world.

It's like they made the puzzles first and then the world after. Honestly I'm sick of the drag a line in some squares.

It's the first time in a long time I've been disappointed so much in a game that I let out an audible sigh of annoyance and said 'No, f*ck you' and turned it off.

I went to many areas hoping for something different, but it seems to be just these **** square puzzles.

Maybe the game picks up, maybe there is a lot more depth, but honestly till now I'm so annoyed with these stupid square puzzles (Which I am easily doing, it's not like they're hard) that I'm sick of the game and can't see me going back to it.

there are a lot of those types but the puzzles that use the natural environment are great fun, challenging but doable. Ive pretty much given up on it for now, dont want to cheat but i'm stuck at a few places so moved on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,147 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

While I don't think you'll like the game if you can't dig the line puzzles, it's also worth pointing out that like most games* the hardest puzzles will not reveal themselves in 40 minutes of play :) Some very challenging and rewarding sections in the game.

*except for Stephen's Sausage Roll, which is designed to intellectually punish all within minutes

Advertisement