Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Mahrez (ARS)
    Aguero and I'm a Spurs fan. We've been papering over the cracks imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Benteke (AVL)
    The passing move for the 3rd goal yesterday was a thing of beauty though.

Oh god yeh it really was lovely to watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mahrez (ARS)
    The early kickoff and loss last week probably helps Aguero get more minutes ahead of next Wednesday's crunch CL match at Monchengladbach. Here are the stats for minutes before CL matches last season:

Arsenal: Subbed after 67' (1 goal)
    Hull: Subbed after 72' (1 goal)
    Spurs: Full 90' (4 goals, missed pen)
    ManU: Subbed after 84' (1 goal)
    Swansea: Full 90' (blank)
    Everton: Subbed off through injury after 7' (blank)
    Newcastle: Subbed on 60' (1 goal, 1 assist)
    Burnley: Full 90' (blank)

Of course, Palace he was subbed after 25' through injury and blanked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Rooney (SUN)
    Think I'll be going without captain Kun this week, he's still not as popular as he should be in any of my leagues so even if he gets a nice score I'll still gain from it. Martial is tempting but Pedro against a terrible Newcastle team is hard to ignore!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez (ARS)
    Utd have had 6 shots on target in the last 2 games and have scored with all 6. I'm still not entirely convinced by their attack as I don't feel they create enough chances.

As i just said in another thread, United got goals against Liverpool and Soton who went more toe to toe with them. They struggled so far in games where teams parked the bus. Possession football is not suited to playing teams with 10 behind the ball.

JOS meant to be fit for Sunderlands League Cup game and he improves their defence a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mahrez (ARS)
    FHFC wrote: »
    As i just said in another thread, United got goals against Liverpool and Soton who went more toe to toe with them. They struggled so far in games where teams parked the bus. Possession football is not suited to playing teams with 10 behind the ball.

JOS meant to be fit for Sunderlands League Cup game and he improves their defence a lot.

They were playing with a player up top who isn't a striker in those initial games though. Martial looks the part and may change that.

Whatever about Depay, Mata and Rooney are two good players to have behind any striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i honestly think the City game is more likely to be high scoring than the Utd one.

i'll be delighted to have Aguero as captain. Martial will give me fear, but it won't quite be THE fear that Aguero will give others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm sick of picking Aguero based on fear when he is delivering SFA. I haven't decided on who I'm going for yet but right now it's on Martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Benteke (AVL)
    I'm expecting a 20 point haul from Sanchez this week, to be doubled with armband

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

LucidLife wrote: »
    I'm expecting a 20 point haul from Sanchez this week, to be doubled with armband

Triple captain if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

Sakho (NOR)
    Have Payet but tempted by Costa if he isn't banned or if he is the ban comes in for the Saints game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sakho (NOR)
    :Payet or Mahrez
    Both bang in form and both have home games + Both can do real damage in this GW.

60/40 towards Mahrez at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mahrez (ARS)
    Depay won't stay out of my thoughts despite his failure to turn it on thus far and it not appearing all that logical a choice. You're almost guaranteed at least 2 team goals at home to Sunderland. Martial to me seems an automatic choice if you brought him in but Depay could be dangerous also in a poor week for choices.

Can't warm to Aguero following 4 consecutive GWs without a goal and Tottenham being on a run of clean sheets.

Leicester concede goals so Sanchez is a factor even though I don't think he's been half as dangerous in his games up to now.

Payet and Wilson for me now is never bench never captain and Mahrez has a pretty tricky fixture against a fairly solid defence so I'd rule him out. Benteke also given the question marks around his fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mahrez (ARS)
    having a major rethink after agueros performance again tonight
    and Sunderlands!
    may go mata if I don't sign martial
    a lot of "casuals" were laughed at for captaining mahrez at the weekend whilst a lot of us stick with Kun
    Maybe it's us that are the casuals picking a lad purely on reputation and ignoring form!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rooney (SUN)
    I don't think anyone was calling the Mahrez captainers casuals, I think most saw him as a reasonable choice.

And yes, I did captain Mahrez :D

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mahrez (ARS)
    I don't think anyone was calling the Mahrez captainers casuals, I think most saw him as a reasonable choice.

And yes, I did captain Mahrez :D
    I saw quite a number of people on another site labeling mahrez captainers as just that
    and then bemoaning their luck after
    he was a good choice but I was not brave enough so I ain't complaining
    I'm almost certain II now won't go with aguero at weekend though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mahrez (ARS)
    km79 wrote: »
    I saw quite a number of people on another site labeling mahrez captainers as just that
    and then bemoaning their luck after
    he was a good choice but I was not brave enough so I ain't complaining
    I'm almost certain II now won't go with aguero at weekend though

Better to complain on those sites then. Don't think anyone here thought Mahrez wasn't a decent shout for captain last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez (ARS)
    Aguero.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Sakho (NOR)
    I'm choosing between Payet, Mahrez, Sanchez and Aguero and I'm leaning towards Payet. I feel like Sanchez may be the safe option getting an assist or something, but Payet to either go wild or go blank. Arsenal will likely step up their game as they do so often after terrible results, so I'm not expecting Mahrez to be quite so dangerous against them, and Arsenal should score a few goals against them and Sanchez has to be involved in one of them. Aguero... I think everyone will be fed up with him and he won't get that much arm bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rooney (SUN)
    Will probably leave the captaincy on Martial again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mahrez (ARS)
    Sick of Agüero though I voted for him.

Lewandowski! Just need to find a way to fit him in :p :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fantasy Football 101: You don't have a 13m player in your team if you don't intend on captaining him.

Or do you? I just don't know anymore. This game is wrecking my head. I don't think this week is the worst week to yank the armband away from Aguero as I'd say many others are growing frustrated with his returns and will be doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mahrez (ARS)
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Fantasy Football 101: You don't have a 13m player in your team if you don't intend on captaining him.

Or do you? I just don't know anymore. This game is wrecking my head. I don't think this week is the worst week to yank the armband away from Aguero as I'd say many others are growing frustrated with his returns and will be doing the same.

I think it's another good week to punt if people want to. I'll probably still captain Kun just because I'm not totally convinced by my other options. Better to not captain and still own Kun for an explosion than not have him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Silva if he is fit, pelle maybe (also if fit), 2 goals against united and home to Swansea this week who have been having a bad run the last few games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez (ARS)
    Hococop wrote: »
    Silva if he is fit, pelle maybe (also if fit), 2 goals against united and home to Swansea this week who have been having a bad run the last few games

Swansea have conceded 1 goal in the last 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (SUN)
    Martial surely undroppable after scoring again this evening

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rooney (SUN)
    Triple captain Martial for sure now.

;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez (ARS)
    Rikand wrote: »
    Martial surely undroppable after scoring again this evening

I'd have no fear of him not starting now after sitting out tonight. In fact I don't see utd changing their front 4 from last weekend at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Payet or Martial....

Advertisement