Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Park Season 19

Options
  • 17-09-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭

New season started last night.

1st episode started off hilariously, but kinda dwindled in the end.
    now at least we know what the staff over at the churnal look like...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i wonder if pc principal actually is there to stay

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Loved the crack at Giselle. Hilarious episode all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Randy being hungover was brilliant.

Also Cartman getting absolutely battered was shocking! And then to see him in the hospital beaten to a pulp was mad.

I enjoyed the episode, won't be a classic but enjoyable nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I won't lie. I genuinely laughed out loud at the Cosby joke at the start.

Really liked the episode. Not an absolute classic but still a 7.5/10

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Loved it. Not right up there with the best but keeping the high quality of last season going imo.

Hungover randy made me laugh every time and Cartmans Tom Brady dream was brilliant if you know the background to the Tom Brady story.

It really is one of the great tragedies of TV how this show gets written off as as a gross out kind of show that just looks for controversy.

Roll on next week

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

Has been awful since season 13 IMO. Season 7 was its peak.

Say what you want about Family Guy and American Dad but they have more longevity than The Simpsons and South Park - though they were never as good at their peak, they have never became hard to watch.

Family Guy started off OK but then descended into unwatchable ****e IMO. Never liked American Dad.

The demise of the Simpsons has been well documented. South Park though I never felt really slumped as badly as the Simpsons did. I genuinely enjoy almost every episode and while you're right, the earlier seasons are the best, it's always been a must watch for me, even now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Roar wrote: »
    Family Guy started off OK but then descended into unwatchable ****e IMO. Never liked American Dad.

The demise of the Simpsons has been well documented. South Park though I never felt really slumped as badly as the Simpsons did. I genuinely enjoy almost every episode and while you're right, the earlier seasons are the best, it's always been a must watch for me, even now.

i agree, south park is miles ahead of the others at this stage. the way they kept the storyline going last year was great, and looks to be similar this time.

plus, they still don't give a crap what anyone thinks. seeing caitlyn jenner as some screwed up mess was hilarious. i don't think i'm ever going to forget donald trump dancing to the safety dance!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

South Park is by far the best imo - last season was brilliant and this one is off to a great start. With most episodes they a current topical event and explain it and mock it in a way only south park can. American Dad and Family guy are funny - but nowhere near as clever as South Park I don't think.

I cant remember the exact episode, but South Park once made fun of Family guy about the fact that a lot of the jokes are totally random and interchangeable..

A b c d e f guy

H I j k l m n o buddy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I was in bits laughing every time garrison opened his mouth...Great stuff...Randy the legend

Oh and the wall story was great, nice homage to Monty python with the Canadian taunting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

As soon as I saw Caitlyn Jenner in the car I was expecting some sort of car crash but I still laughed. Thought it was a better episode than the first.

that was absolutely ****ing fantastic

loving this season so far

strelok wrote: »
    that was absolutely ****ing fantastic

loving this season so far

That episode didn't do it for me. I think I laughed about three times. Ah well, can't win them all.

It seems all the episodes so far have been 'whole town' episodes rather than the kids on an adventure or Cartman & Butters.

There's probably going to be a similar theme throughout the series if the first three episodes are to go by.

Nokotan wrote: »
    That episode didn't do it for me. I think I laughed about three times. Ah well, can't win them all.

It seems all the episodes so far have been 'whole town' episodes rather than the kids on an adventure or Cartman & Butters.

There's probably going to be a similar theme throughout the series if the first three episodes are to go by.

yeah as much as I have enjoyed this season so far I still don't really like the season long narrative thing they're doing these days and especially with the pc/sjw angle they're going for you kind of have to include everybody in it.

i only finished season 18 last week, i was so dissapointed with it when it aired that I never bothered to watch the last 2-3 episodes. It ended up not being that bad and there was actually a payoff to the season long arc so i'm less grumpy about it this time around.

A buddy in the states text me to say no new episode tonight, a repeat was playing instead :(

they're skipping nov 4th and nov 25th as well so i heard down by the watercooler on the grapevine according to Hello Magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,504 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I'm intrigued as to where they go with the Garrison campaign.

Boogers and cum!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

They dragged the arse out of the yelp thing but I pissed myself laughing at the song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

They dragged the arse out of the yelp thing but I pissed myself laughing at the song.

Exactly the same here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

South Park are getting sued by Yelp over the last episode, I'm sure they're well used to dealing with the threat of lawsuit

http://nbc.com.co/yelp-sues-south-park-for-10-million-over-episode/

South Park are getting sued by Yelp over the last episode, I'm sure they're well used to dealing with the threat of lawsuit

http://nbc.com.co/yelp-sues-south-park-for-10-million-over-episode/

That's a pisstake website.

Although the bit about Fappy the Anti Masturbation dolphin did genuinely make me laugh

Also, the new episode was great. I love butters so so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,301 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"This little piggy was in Fast and Furious" had me cracking up, as did the supermodel pronouncing filet mignon

"So you don't want to help save starving children?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

"Try putting your foot on the little girl's head. Yeah, she is real hungry" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Great series so far....pc principle is working out great!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Roar wrote: »
    That's a pisstake website.

Although the bit about Fappy the Anti Masturbation dolphin did genuinely make me laugh

Also, the new episode was great. I love butters so so much.

That'll teach me not to post things without going past the heading :pac:

i liked realities little speech at the end and there were some funny little bits but overall the episode was kinda poor I thought, which is a shame as I had been waiting on south park to do something about this 'safe space' movement for a while now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

The reality speech was the definitely the high point and the "is this a good idea" line had that undercurrent of a good point that the better episodes have. I also (like always) loved butters and randy. But, if I'm honest it was probably the poorest episode between the last two seasons.

Still enjoyed it mind, just a 6 instead of an 8 that they have been.

Advertisement