Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abortion Discussion, Part Trois

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

volchitsa wrote: »
    You're complaining because the Yes side didn't put more humane but still anti choice policies into effect? The Yes side, which can't have been in government because it didn't exist in 1983 (there was literally nobody arguing to bring in abortion at the time) did what was required to bring in more liberal abortion policies.

It's a bit odd to blame them now for not doing your work for you.

Really? Have you already forgotten Nurse Noel? Or the canvassers recorded lying on the doorsteps about who they were or what POLDPA allows? It wasn't all facts and reality, by any means. And I think you know that, and just being dishonest.

those individuals were responsible for their own actions and behaviour and they don't change the fact that the campaign was ultimately factual.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

those individuals were responsible for their own actions and behaviour and they don't change the fact that the campaign was ultimately factual.
    And does this also include your own dishonesty and lies?

You're not acting very responsible for your own dishonest actions.
    Or is the claim that abortion isn't murder now a factual part of your campaign?

King Mob wrote: »
    And does this also include your own dishonesty and lies?

You're not acting very responsible for your own dishonest actions.
    Or is the claim that abortion isn't murder now a factual part of your campaign?

there was no dishonesty or lies from me. people did try to twist posts i made from what they actually said, into something they didn't however.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Some novel sense of the word "ultimately", it seems. The fake refcom leaflet. The "early medical abortions are 'babies', but early miscarriages are not" posters. The fake theatre nurse. A thinly rebadged YD outfit affecting to be shocked about foreign donations, and shock-tactic protesters. The massive ingenuousness about the "killing a six-month baby" posters. Or indeed the people calling a 12-week pregnancy a "three-month old baby".

All comes under the category of certainty of being "ultimately" right, so what's a small little temporary deliberate lie or ten, I suppose.

there was no dishonesty or lies from me. people did try to twist posts i made from what they actually said, into something they didn't however.
    And now you are reinventing reality.

You said that you never claimed that abortion was murder.
    Someone then posted a long extensive list of when you said exactly that.

Then after being caught out so clearly you have nothing but dodge and avoid the question to the point where every post you make is a hypocritical mess.

And now, after declaring that the no side was completely and totally honest and pure, you are now saying you never lied...

Which part of this are you disagreeing with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

the yes side did even less, and some of them were in government.

nope, a fantastic case as in it consisted of nothing but facts and reality, thousands of factually accurate posters, appeals to reality and the facts, and millions in legitimately given donations from philanthropists who want to protect the unborn and who care for both them and their mothers.

i have no intentions of starting a religion, or believeing in any of the existing ones.

Apart from all those "facts" that you posted on here yourself and then refused to provide any evidence for (as usual)
    You have any evidence for those millions in legitimate donations?
    And remind us what was your alternative to 12 weeks unrestricted for victims of rape? You know that better alternative that the government could have used!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Again you seem to forget when you were unable to support any of your fabricated claims. People don't need to twist when they can just quote your post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

....... wrote: »

Just for reference:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107145444&postcount=4988

Endoftheroad, please stop avoiding this as you just embarrassing yourself and undermining your entire camp.

Why did you lie and claim no one, yourself included call abortion murder?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,318 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Just for reference:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107145444&postcount=4988

Endoftheroad, please stop avoiding this as you just embarrassing yourself and undermining your entire camp.

Why did you lie and claim no one, yourself included call abortion murder?

that post should be pinned at the top of the thread.

• Advertisement

And now you are reinventing reality.

You said that you never claimed that abortion was murder.
    Someone then posted a long extensive list of when you said exactly that.

Then after being caught out so clearly you have nothing but dodge and avoid the question to the point where every post you make is a hypocritical mess.

And now, after declaring that the no side was completely and totally honest and pure, you are now saying you never lied...

Which part of this are you disagreeing with?

no, someone posted a list of posts which were answers to specific questions asked to me in different threads. the poster twisted and took them out of context and tried to claim they said something that they didn't. so, we are done here as i don't wish to make the thread all about me.

no, someone posted a list of posts which were answers to specific questions asked to me in different threads. the poster twisted and took them out of context and tried to claim they said something that they didn't. so, we are done here as i don't wish to make the thread all about me.

I went to the trouble of looking at one of the posts and the context it was posted in. I have included your reply and the post you responded to. Please tell us how you how it has been twisted and taken out of context.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure most countries have the exact same law. An unborn fetus is not a baby so it isn't murder.

it's an unborn baby and is murder.

No, you said that you, and other no voters never said that abortion was murder.

He posted a long list of you saying exactly that.
    Which part of that is in dispute?

So which is it?

Is abortion murder?
    Or did you never say abortion was murder?

Which was the lie here?

And again, if you don't want people bringing this up, maybe then don't whine about people lying and dodging questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Posts regarding thread moderation have been moved over to the feedback thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Judge to rule on bids to challenge abortion referendum result tomorrow

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/judge-to-rule-on-bids-to-challenge-abortion-referendum-result-tomorrow-856331.html

I assume the entire Yes campaign is on tenterhooks.:P

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/judge-to-rule-on-bids-to-challenge-abortion-referendum-result-tomorrow-856331.html

On tenterhooks to learn if they then appeal to the Supreme Court -- along with the Leitrim tag-teamers? -- or if they get their ears boxed for being vexatious serial filibusterers.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What is polite judge-speak for "Ye're nothin' but a pack of opportunistic ****, g'way the lot of ye"

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

What is polite judge-speak for "Ye're nothin' but a pack of opportunistic ****, g'way the lot of ye"

You have to be fairly formal as a judge when you're upbraiding punters, but no-one ever said you have to be polite!

I'm hoping for "have a few nights in the cells, and you're barred from bringing such challenges for ten years", personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

"I find there is nothing exceptional in your applications and am awarding the costs of both sides against you, have a nice day".

• Advertisement

On MSN, the Guardian is running a story that Facebook is to publish data on Irish Abortion Referendums Ads it ran. Facebook is to publish comprehensive data on political advertising during Ireland’s abortion referendum campaign, giving an unprecedented insight into targeting of voters on social media, and setting a powerful precedent for election transparency.
    The US company has told Irish politicians it will provide anonymised details of the amount spent on targeting Irish voters on its platform between 1 March and 25 May, and the number of referendum-linked ads that had been purchased.
    It will also provide details of proposed advertisements, and proposed spending, that it had rejected after bringing in a ban on foreign organisations paying for online campaigns inside Ireland.
    The Irish Green party leader, Eamon Ryan, who has been pushing for greater transparency and new legislation to regulate online political campaigning, welcomed the social media firm’s decision. He said he hoped it would set a new benchmark for democracy in the internet era.

Now I'll treat this story with care due to European Data Protection laws which facebook knows have changed since the referendum, in case this story is "exaggerated" by the source of the story to the Guardian, NOT the Guardian itself, you understand.

I think "novel argument" is considered to be ultimate shade in judgy circles. It's like when Sir Humphrey tells Jim he's making a "brave" decision. Be on the lookout for that one.

There's always "devoid of merit", "lacking any evidentiary weight", and "without basis in law", of course.

alaimacerc wrote: »
    You have to be fairly formal as a judge when you're upbraiding punters, but no-one ever said you have to be polite!

I'm hoping for "have a few nights in the cells, and you're barred from bringing such challenges for ten years", personally.

very unlikely to happen, and rightly so. they were entitled to bring the cases, and have said cases judged to be valid or not.
    someone not agreeing with a case or the people bringing that case rightly does not prevent people using the courts to receive their right to fair justice whatever the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,148 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Any word on this? Was supposedto be delivered at 2 AFAIK...

Any word on this? Was supposedto be delivered at 2 AFAIK...

might be on the radio news updates at 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,384 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Where's the justice for women who need abortions but the law isn't in place yet to allow them?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Where's the justice for women who need abortions but the law isn't in place yet to allow them?

they don't automatically require it. if they think they have a case to go to the courts over the law not being in place, then by all means they will be entitled to a fair outcome, whichever way it would go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Can they just keep appealing to each new decision against their cases?

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    Can they just keep appealing to each new decision against their cases?

they can appeal this decision to the court of appeal but that is it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement