Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool A General Chat [AUS/ENG/WAL/FIJ/URU]

Options
1262728293032»

Comments

They'll now be using their 3rd and 4th choice wingers and fullbacks probably, shocking luck.

Beyond the point of bad luck. Either bad luck on a lottery level or something badly wrong with player robustness.

I refused to believe that strength and conditioning was overdone to the point of damage but hard to ignore now. There is certainly a point with fitness where you go too far and break down / get sick easier. Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Beyond the point of bad luck. Either bad luck on a lottery level or something badly wrong with player robustness.

I refused to believe that strength and conditioning was overdone to the point of damage but hard to ignore now. There is certainly a point with fitness where you go too far and break down / get sick easier. Madness.

I dunno. There's no pattern really. J Davies and Liam Williams were injured during last season before Gatland got near them. Webb got his ankle mangled in a ruck. Scott Williams got creamed in a tackle, Amos' injury was just freakish. Eli Walker can never stay fit for more than two weeks so he doesn't count.

If their training really was to blame, you would expect some of their forwards to be breaking down too but they have 100% fitness up front.

It's just horrendous luck.

I have no idea who they can even call up now. Tom James? Dan Fish? Dan Evans? None of these guys are remotely good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Wales won a game they should have lost and lost a game they should have won, would not be surprised if they beat the springboks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I have no idea who they can even call up now. Tom James? Dan Fish? Dan Evans? None of these guys are remotely good enough.

Can they call up someone who was released earlier for injury but is fit again now?

• Advertisement

Can they call up someone who was released earlier for injury but is fit again now?

No. Not sure they have anyone who fits the bill anyway.

Eli Walker was never formally registered so could be called up, but he hasn't played for Ospreys all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

_41226027_hensonrazor300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,102 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

They could do worse, talented player when his head is on straight.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

No. Not sure they have anyone who fits the bill anyway.

Eli Walker was never formally registered so could be called up, but he hasn't played for Ospreys all season.

Hanno Dirksen?

Hanno Dirksen?

Yeah, thought about him alright, probably the best of the rest at this stage.

Or maybe Jordan Williams? Just back from injury and always looks dangerous.

Reading quotes from Neil Jenkins, they may not bother calling anyone up...

• Advertisement

Eli Walker has been called up by Wales again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Didn't realise Walker could come back in. It must have been very close to the cut off point when he dropped out before.

I think Wales will be physically overpowered this weekend, which isn't something you'd expect from a Gatland coached team. But, when they couldn't bosh their was through 12.5 Australians at the weekend, it was clear that they are going nowhere in this competition.

SA v England would have been a much more interesting game.

Just reading there that Walker isn't even fit to play this weekend. You'd have to wonder what the point of calling him up was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

Just reading there that Walker isn't even fit to play this weekend. You'd have to wonder what the point of calling him up was.

Pretty much their only choices left are academy players, fringe Rabo squad players, or Henson.

If they miraculously beat SA Walker is the only player who would strengthen their team for the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

molloyjh wrote: »

That explains why Mike Brown was sent to face the media the week before. There is a certain number required to go through the mix zone.

That explains why Mike Brown was sent to face the media the week before. There is a certain number required to go through the mix zone.

I can just imagine the PR handler for England looking through the dressing room after the loss to Australia thinking.. "right.. who to send out.. eh.. Haskell.. noooooooo.. Brown.. nooooooooo.. Marler.. jesus.. Has anyone seen Dylan Hartley?"

I can just imagine the PR handler for England looking through the dressing room after the loss to Australia thinking.. "right.. who to send out.. eh.. Haskell.. noooooooo.. Brown.. nooooooooo.. Marler.. jesus.. Has anyone seen Dylan Hartley?"

"F**k it, we'll take the fine"

Advertisement