Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool A General Chat [AUS/ENG/WAL/FIJ/URU]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

England just out muscling a part time team. Sad by England that they need to maul to get some tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

England just out muscling a part time team. Sad by England that they need to maul to get some tries.

Just looking for negative things to say. They're already out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Just looking for negative things to say. They're already out.

Dallaglio on itv pretty scathing about england at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

giggity wrote: »
    Absolutely. And we still haven't seen a replay from the side of that. Defo forward.

Watson was offside as well, ahead of the kick.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It's got to be ridiculously hard for them to get up for this match. They're either going to be so depressed they can't do anything or so over eager to prove something that they make too many mistakes. Think it's pointless criticising or praising them based on this match.

That said, Henry Slade has got lovely hands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

I don't agree, England can't have any pride in the jersey if they don't flatten these minnows.

Haskell doing all he can to stop England from running up a big score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Haskell doing all he can to stop England from running up a big score.

Last lineout was down the england line and not called. Poor from officials

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Shipwreck. Perfect.

Looking at the happy faces of English fans after the try you would swear they were on the verge of qualification, I suppose it's the beer. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

England finally playing their best 10,12,13 partnership, with only 20 minutes left of their campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Would it have made a difference if Lancaster brought Tuilagi along?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Yes, they would have got arrested in a kebab shop late at night somewhere

Crowd are pretty good tonight. Have to wonder if the ones booing last week were blow ins or are these guys the blow ins?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭stadedublinois

Crowd are pretty good tonight. Have to wonder if the ones booing last week were blow ins or are these guys the blow ins?

They've had a week to process it

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

How many missed conversions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Leaving Burrell out was mistake imo

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

I think the problems with English rugby go beyond selection of one individual over another, it probably runs deeper than the coaching of Lancaster et al. But they will be convenient scapegoats

BBDBB wrote: »
    I think the problems with English rugby go beyond selection of one individual over another, it probably runs deeper than the coaching of Lancaster et al. But they will be convenient scapegoats

Listening to the rubbish commentary on TV3 you would swear that all England's problems are now behind them and they are ready for the next RWC.

I didn't even realise Robshaw was playing tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

BBDBB wrote: »

True but I just think considering how narrowly they lost to Wales that he could have changed things and at least got them to the quarters. His performance against NZ in 2012 was absolutely terrific and I have a feeling that in spite of his childishness he will always bring his A game to the world stage.

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Listening to the rubbish commentary on TV3 you would swear that all England's problems are now behind them and they are ready for the next RWC.

Not sure that's TV3 commentary, think it's the ITV commentary along with the stream but I am completely open to being corrected.

But yeah, I had to laugh, they were finding loads of space against Uruguay and talking about how this is England's future centre partnership as a result.

I mean, it may well be - but giving Uruguay a beating isn't exactly proof of anything.

All that said, was great to see the crowd right behind the team all the way through to the closing whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

Bad job when the best player on the pitch for you is the 37 year old you called up halfway through the tournament after he'd been on the lash for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Commendable efforts in the group by Uruguay. I know I wasn't the only one who felt due to the quality of all their opponents they would ship 100 points at least once, probably twice. They've been relatively competitive in all games, just physically a couple of leagues below. Made for a hard time scoring, scrumming and maul defending.
    But fairplay they gave their all and show the gap is closing slightly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Commendable efforts in the group by Uruguay. I know I wasn't the only one who felt due to the quality of all their opponents they would ship 100 points at least once, probably twice. They've been relatively competitive in all games, just physically a couple of leagues below. Made for a hard time scoring, scrumming and maul defending.
    But fairplay they gave their all and show the gap is closing slightly.

I'd say they'd benefit massively from a nutritionist and a weights coach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Stheno wrote: »
    I'd say they'd benefit massively from a nutritionist and a weights coach

To be honest, they're a bit like a division 1A team who've got a few provincial players in like Galwegians with Ally Muldowney, Daragh Leader and Caolin Blade added to the squad.

No amount of nutritionists and weights coaches could turn that into an International team in 6 or so weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd say most 1a teams would smash them off the park tbh. They're tiny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

if only if only if only...........they took the draw against wales they'd be in the QFs

thats what i'll be going through they're heads this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34497315

Liam Williams out for rest of wc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Taco Corp wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34497315

Liam Williams out for rest of wc

They'll now be using their 3rd and 4th choice wingers and fullbacks probably, shocking luck.

Advertisement