Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC '15: Pool A General Chat [AUS/ENG/WAL/FIJ/URU]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is it just really bad sound on the TV broadcast or was that a very poor rendition of the Welsh anthem?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

COYBIB!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

3-0 Uruguay

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Blow it up ref

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Stheno wrote: »
    3-0 Uruguay

Their passion in the anthems was just amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Lets go!
    homer-uruguay.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Is it just really bad sound on the TV broadcast or was that a very poor rendition of the Welsh anthem?

I noticed the volume on TV3 was a good bit lower than on ITV yesterday while flicking back and forth.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

marco_polo wrote: »
    I noticed the volume on TV3 was a good bit lower than on ITV yesterday while flicking back and forth.

I heard the anthems were quite poor on the TV yesterday alright, but the stadium was deafening - probably the loudest rendition of Ireland's call I've ever been involved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,066 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I'm not watching the Wales-Uruguay game live. I'm recording it and will watch it later on a Montevideo tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    COYBIB!!

Definitely a colour scheme that Leinster could copy for a training / academy jersey etc!

• Advertisement

Definitely a colour scheme that Leinster could copy for a training / academy jersey etc!

Gorgeous jersey alright. Might purchase.

Good hands from the Uruguay #5 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭token56

Great little kick there.

Come on Uruguay!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Didn't know Dublin were playing wales today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Tox56 wrote: »
    To put it into perspective, Uruguay played Japan in two warm ups for this world cup and were thrashed both times. Uruguay are going to be absolutely slaughtered by every team this group

Jesus christ, i would like to revise this opinion and suggest that Uruguay are now favourites to win the tournament

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm not watching the Wales-Uruguay game live. I'm recording it and will watch it later on a Montevideo tape.

I'd give you a card if I was a mod.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

6-0 Uruguay!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

6-0 down and Priestland follows it up with a dreadful restart

So bad its good. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

This worked yesterday so....

FINISH THEM URUGUAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Ten minutes gone and Wales have spent ten minutes trying to get out of their own half. Brilliant.

• Advertisement

Ah here, the first crooked scrum feed of the WC is against Uruguay

I can just picture the face on Gatland if Wales lost. Please Uruguay do it!

They're certainly up for the game anyway.

The TV feed is very quiet alright. I suspect it's as loud there today as it was yesterday and that's not coming through the TV at all.

Would Uruguay be better off not engaging the maul at the lineouts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

12 man maul..... Dont think cheika and lancaster will need to do too much analysis for their games with wales

sullivlo wrote: »
    They're certainly up for the game anyway.

The TV feed is very quiet alright. I suspect it's as loud there today as it was yesterday and that's not coming through the TV at all.

They seem to have a problem getting the mix of the noise in the stadium and the noise of the commentators right. E.g. yesterday you couldn't hear the commentary during the Japan game as the crowd noise was so loud. Seems the opposite now today

Australia will thrash Wales and England imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Sever Tomorrow

Quinlan is right, another unnecessary use of the TMO. Even the ref said "I agree with you" (to the TMO). Just award it yourself without heading upstairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Liam williams in trouble

• Advertisement

Liam Williams hobbling around like an oul fella.

Advertisement