Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry cyclists, there's no room for you anymore

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Some cyclists are indeed obnoxious on the road with their self entitlement, but I can't understand why people constantly use this minority to tar the whole lot of them. It's an invalid argument when that's resorted to.

Surely from these threads all we see is just how self entitled ignorant car drivers are though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Surely from these threads all we see is just how self entitled ignorant car drivers are though.

I agree.
    I drive a van.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

RockyMills wrote: »
    Cyclists have got to be the worst people on the face of the earth. They think they own the road, cycling 2 abreast on busy roads is asking for trouble. I've lost count of the amount of rows I've had with these self righteous idiots. I can do what I want in my car because I pay road tax. End of story.

You pay motor tax. It is based on carbon emissions. Bikes do not produce carbon therefore motor tax is not required.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭tigerboon

Lumen wrote: »
    Ah, that's so much better. Couldn't enjoy the rudeness with all that broken grammar.

Should there be a comma after the "No" as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

How many cyclist bashing threads had we this year?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭booooring!

Have you tried checking your mirrors when turning left or right, or are you an incompetent driver?

Yes I always let them off! Just wanted to double check!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

RockyMills wrote: »
    Cyclists have got to be the worst people on the face of the earth. They think they own the road, cycling 2 abreast on busy roads is asking for trouble. I've lost count of the amount of rows I've had with these self righteous idiots. I can do what I want in my car because I pay road tax. End of story.

So what your saying is since you pay motor tax you have a share in the roads :rolleyes:. Any sensible adult is allowed use the road be it car, truck or bicycle there's assholes in what ever transportation you use so suck it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,391 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I hope the OP is one of this vigilantes that that go around with cameras on the bike helmets and talk down the evil motorists! :)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Mec-a-nic

Pops into AH after an absence - top thread is someone trolling cyclists/drivers - goes back to Reddit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Cyclists are legally obliged to obey all speed limits, ride in the cycle lanes, and wear a helmet and a high vis vest, it's the law.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Zyzz wrote: »
    Cyclists are legally obliged to obey all speed limits, ride in the cycle lanes, and wear a helmet and a high vis vest, it's the law.

The only thing on that list that cyclists are legally obliged to do is follow the speed limits. Cycle lanes / helmets / high vis are not the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

sullivlo wrote: »
    The only thing on that list that cyclists are legally obliged to do is follow the speed limits. Cycle lanes / helmets / high vis are not the law.

I reckon Zyzz knows that, and is just being a smart ass, given they've over 2k posts in the cycling forum ;)

haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭billyhead

Have to laugh at those complaining about cyclists. The more people cycling the less cars on the roads. As society we have become a right lazy bunch and its understandable why obesity is reaching epic proportions. If more people got up off their fat asses and forsaked the comfort of their car and cycled/walked more we would be a fitter nation. The big problem is one person in every car driving to work. Did people not hear of car pooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Schools are back, lots of drivers stuck in 20% full cars travelling at 10kph and taking hours to get places that can be easily walked or cycled, time for another cyclist bashing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Well I drive a coach and four, and I'm jolly fed up of all you johnny come lately bicyclists and even johnny come even more lately motorcar drivers with your sense of entitlements.
    Damn peasants, we were here first.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,426 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Nonsense you need to revisit the rule book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

If 60 people got out of their cars and onto a bus, it would clear a bit of space too.

Why do people want to drive cars anyway? Buying the car, buying the petrol/diesel, oil, spare parts, toys for inside it - not a cent worth of it is manufactured in Ireland. They're just sending money out foreign, when it could be spent in Ireland, on Irish-made goods.

And then after a lifetime of driving they'll be clogging up the hospitals with their clogged arteries and diabetes, caused by lack of exercise. What's the point? Get out of your little wheeled armchair prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭Archeron

Knasher wrote: »

Admittedly we did have other problems, like horse crap on the roads, but I assume they've solved that by now.

I'm off to register the website www.horsenappies.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭eet fuk

eet fuk wrote: »
    I'm wondering how long it will be before this turns into an 80 page crapfest about why cyclists should be banned.

...and we're off!

C'mon lads and ladies, tell us more about the time the cyclist did that thing. Or better yet, tell us what you would like to do to said cyclist.
    We have a long way to go, but I'm confident we can reach the 80 page mark by the end of the week.

ted1 wrote: »
    Nonsense you need to revisit the rule book

You need to read it my friend, I'm a lawyer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭granturismo

The chosen ones can cycle on the footpaths so its time for pedestrians to stay at home.

They can also cycle on roads beside cycle lanes because those pesky cycle lanes dont allow them to cycle fast enough, why? because the cycle lane is too narrow and the road gives them quicker lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

you must have been out the day they were explaining the rules of road

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Ally Dick wrote: »
    I feel I am stating the obvious here. There are now so many cars in Ireland that it is dangerous for cyclists. Sorry cyclists. There is now no room to accommodate you on Irish roads, so it's time to retire the bike until the cycle lanes are built and roads widened to fit you in. Otherwise, you are taking your life in your hands
    exactly. pedestrians don't want you, motorists don't want you, us public transport users don't want you especially dublin bus users where cyclists can be in the lanes.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Zyzz wrote:

Yeah, in America where you practiz those are probably the rulz

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The only thing on that list that cyclists are legally obliged to do is follow the speed limits.
    Since when? Speed limits in Ireland only apply to motorised vehicles;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Manure

Ill cycle at what speed I want, I didn't spend €15k on it to cycle slow.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,837 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Manure wrote: »
    Ill cycle at what speed I want, I didn't spend €15k on it to cycle slow.
    Cheapskate!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Cyclists must be a little bit retarded , all it takes to get them to started is a silly opening post in a silly thread , surely you'd think by now they would be sick of taking the bait , the op must be laughing like a clown lookin at this ****e

Advertisement