Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 hailed as most interesting band around

Options
  • 13-09-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

wrote:
    U2 frontman Bono has said he feels the band are "the most interesting" and that it would be a shame if they threw in the towel because they are such a "special thing".

The 55-year-old star told Q magazine, "I really believe the band is a very special thing and we're taking bigger risks than anybody with a brain would.

"I think we're certainly the most interesting band, love us or loathe us, and I think it would be a shame if we weren't around, really."

When U2 famously released their last album Songs of Innocence as an automatic download of iTunes, they were met with a lot of negativity, but Bono added that he's used to getting some resistance from the general public.

"I don't believe in luck. I walk under ladders. I'd have 13 tattooed on my a*** without any problem," he said. "But I do think the universe can turn cold and nasty. I'm never surprised when the world gets a bit ugly. I'm never surprised when U2 meets resistance."

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0913/727546-bono-reckons-u2-are-the-most-interesting-band/

I have to say I agree with him, sure who would be more interesting. Coldplay? Very Dull. One direction? Good band but dull. I can't think of others right now.

U2 15 votes

Quite interesting
    0%
    Very interesting
    66%
    Cosmo KLaois_ManHank ScorpioprettyinpinkItsLikeThisjohn the oneRothkoRuu[Deleted User]Serjeant Buzfuz 10 votes
    Very very interesting
    33%
    IvaBigWunJhcxRuu[Deleted User]4068ac1elhodqr 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,768 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Around the back end of a jumped up bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

. One direction? Good band .

Eh!?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Probably says a lot about the state of music.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,998 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

U2 frontman Bono has said he feels the band are "the most interesting"

To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies..."He would, wouldn't he..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Interesting how?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,943 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Misleading thread title.

Doesn't count as "hailing" if it comes from the band themselves!

Interesting how?

Mmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

"But I do think the universe can turn cold and nasty. I'm never surprised when the world gets a bit ugly. I'm never surprised when U2 meets resistance."

FFS ... what are they now , Marvel super heroes ...

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

Reads like a Waterford Whispers article!

Not sure there's a proper delineation between quite interesting and very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Most U2 songs sound the same with the "edge's" ding a ling a ling a ling guitar style. Utter garbage band, but there must be a lot of eejits out there to continue to pay for their shyte.

Most U2 songs sound the same with the "edge's" ding a ling a ling a ling guitar style. Utter garbage band, but there must be a lot of eejits out there to continue to pay for their shyte.

Yep,and they're all wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

I think Mayhem, Shining or Watain are far more interesting tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Tony EH wrote: »
    To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies..."He would, wouldn't he..."

Good ol' Mandy. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Misleading thread title.

Doesn't count as "hailing" if it comes from the band themselves!

It does.

Hail this: https://www.google.ie/search?rlz=1CATAAB_enIE640IE642&es_sm=122&q=hailing+definition&spell=1&sa=X&ved=0CBoQvwUoAGoVChMIkcq9gY71xwIVJErbCh2O9gPG&biw=1920&bih=969

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Tonight is like Christmas Eve for Irish U2 fans.

Not a wink of sleep will they get fretting about whether or not come 9am they'll get what they want or be disappointed with nowt.

Myself included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

If only there where bands around before U2..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

I am told they are anglo-dubs, the pretentious upper class dubs hence i don't listen to them, people say that they changed the whole meaning of the bloody sunday song to not offend their english fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I like U2 but the worldwide abuse they got for sticking their new (and poor) album into itunes playlists was a lot of fun. That was very interesting.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Poll has no options for "I don't care", or "No, they're not interesting".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭NotCominBack

S Club 7 - now theres an interesting band

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am told they are anglo-dubs, the pretentious upper class dubs hence i don't listen to them, people say that they changed the whole meaning of the bloody sunday song to not offend their english fans.

ah heyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Extremely boring and middle of the road.nowhere near as experimental as someone like Radiohead,Caribou,Future Islands for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭GMSA

Title should read as "U2 hail themselves as most interesting band around."
    As my mother would say "self praise is no praise ".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Very very interesting
    Hailing all frequencies!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

The Killers are a close second, but yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I have to say I agree with him, sure who would be more interesting. Coldplay? Very Dull. One direction? Good band but dull. I can't think of others right now.

Yeah, apart from those 3 it's very hard to think of any other bands alright. That makes u2 the most interesting. Good point op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

If Coldplay & One Direction are what you bring up as alternatives it says more about what you listen to than anything else :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

U2 are ok, but not as good as some would want people to believe.

I don't find them interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

If Coldplay & One Direction are what you bring up as alternatives it says more about what you listen to than anything else :o

Coldplay and One Direction can sell their albums, U2 had to give their album away and Apple had to bring in a feature so people could remove the ear ache.

Advertisement