Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mistaken identity

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When I was in college we had to do work experience outside of college every few weeks.
    Our uniform consisted of a dark pants/black shirt with a blue collar and black safety shoes. My fair was cut short at the time. I also wore a black jacket.
    When I wore the uniform people were often very friendly to me and asked me for directions. It took me a while to figure out but people thought I was a Garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

When I was 17 I rang up behind my mate who was playing an arcade game on the dundrum bowl and put a full headlock on him
    It was a lad i never seen before so I apologised and ran away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Saw a good friend of mine whom I'd known since we were four in the doorway of a shop in Williamsburg in NY one day as I was just working down the street. Not suprised to see him as he lived there and was a hipster so I pulled my hood over my head and grabbed him from behind and said "don't move a muscle white boy" in my best gangster accent.
    He fell straight in the doorway in a blubbering mess onto the ground and was staring up at me in terror as I laughed and told him not to worry it was only me. He kept blubbering and telling me to leave him alone. I kept looking at him telling him to calm down when I noticed the American accent.
    I just apologised and ran off for the nearest subway. When I got home I rang my friend and told him the story as he broke his sh1te laughing at me.
    Even looking the other poor guy straight in the eye I was convinced it was my mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Was getting a lift home one day and was due to get picked up. It was absolutely bucketing it down so with the hood up I ran over to the car and jumped into the passenger seat .. "Fúck it's bucketing down out there,meets get moving".
    I was wondering where the weird smell was coming from, looked up to see an older gentleman with a perplexed look on his face and two wet springer spaniels in the back with even more perplexed faces.

Completely wrong car, different make, different colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Was absolutely fucked off my tits in Krystle Nightclub around two years ago and was scoring this incredibly hot brunette. Went to the jacks, when I came back I sat back down, put my arm around the woman and we started wearing the face off eachother again.

Five minutes later, the woman I had actually been scoring got back from the bar with the cocktail she had bought us to share as a surprise. She very slowly and deliberately downed the whole thing in one go while never breaking eye contact with me, threw the empty glass on the ground shattering it to pieces, and stormed off. Mortified, I prepared to try and explain to this other girl I'd never met (who was surely only seconds away from erupting in an entirely justified "you feckin' creep" rage) why I'd randomly started scoring her... When she shrugged, put her arm around me, and carried on scoring me as if nothing had happened. :D

Subtle brag :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Subtle brag :P

That's an outrageous falsehood - it wasn't subtle at all. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Thinly veiled "I used to look like a ride from behind" :D

FYP :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,490 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Was absolutely fucked off my tits in Krystle Nightclub around two years ago and was scoring this incredibly hot brunette. Went to the jacks, when I came back I sat back down, put my arm around the woman and we started wearing the face off eachother again.

Five minutes later, the woman I had actually been scoring got back from the bar with the cocktail she had bought us to share as a surprise. She very slowly and deliberately downed the whole thing in one go while never breaking eye contact with me, threw the empty glass on the ground shattering it to pieces, and stormed off. Mortified, I prepared to try and explain to this other girl I'd never met (who was surely only seconds away from erupting in an entirely justified "you feckin' creep" rage) why I'd randomly started scoring her... When she shrugged, put her arm around me, and carried on scoring me as if nothing had happened. :D

Lioke totally

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

As a teenager. my brother broke up with a girl he had been seeing. The girl was desperately upset and rang him at home (in the pre-mobile days this is what we had to do) to plead her case.

Unfortunately I answered the phone. We all sound alike on the phone and even our ma needs a few seconds speaking to us to work out which one of us it is. So I had a very awkward conversation with an hysterical teenage girl

'Why won't ya speak to mmmmeeeeeeee!'
    'I'm not John, he's not here'
    'I know it's you, talk to me would ya!'
    'It's honestly not John'....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I wasn't mistaken for anybody in particular but over 20 years ago, I was in the local nightclub when I was asked up to dance during the slow set (remember them?) by a lad. Okay, I had long hair at the time and was sitting down, but as a 6'5" male I thought It'd be fairly obvious. What makes it even funnier was that I sort of knew the lad (he was a friend of a friend). Also, the following week, he similarly asked my girlfriend to dance, even though I was sitting beside her at the time.

It wasn't a charity disco for "special" kids was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

I have a brother who lives abroad. Every now and then I get the the 'well, how aaaaarrre ya' and, having a terrible memory for names, I end up stammering and stuttering through a conversation until I realise they think I'm the brother. That's not too bad but on the rare occasions when he comes home, he says he gets loads of people greeting him in the street and he claims he always tells them to fcuk off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

I frequently get mistaken for Dennis Rodman Taylor.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

At a nightclub, thought my best friend was getting a drink so went and slapped his arse. was some randomer. awful awkward...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,110 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My uncle often regales me off the tale when he was coming out of college one evening and he spotted what he thought was a girl he was "friendly" with from his class walking a bit ahead. He sneaks up on her, picks her up, twirls her upside down so her dress his hanging over her head, places her back in a standing position, and expects her to laugh and playfully smack him when she realises who he is.

Except it was a completely different girl he didn't even know, and he maintains that the look of bewilderment and sheer shock on her face after it was something he will never forget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

As a teenager. my brother broke up with a girl he had been seeing. The girl was desperately upset and rang him at home (in the pre-mobile days this is what we had to do) to plead her case.

Unfortunately I answered the phone. We all sound alike on the phone and even our ma needs a few seconds speaking to us to work out which one of us it is. So I had a very awkward conversation with an hysterical teenage girl

'Why won't ya speak to mmmmeeeeeeee!'
    'I'm not John, he's not here'
    'I know it's you, talk to me would ya!'
    'It's honestly not John'....

C'mon you should have said that all was forgiven and she should sneak into your bro's room at midnight to get reacquainted... you could leave door ajar, hilarious comedy of errors! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭anvilfour

I had a gf once who was big into the whole D/s relationships - I had just finished working as a Teacher at the time and while we were together I had a habit of bending her suddenly over the sofa and planting several hard smacks on her behind. Before the Femtards get their back up about this, I would like to stress the whole thing was her idea and she liked being taken by surprise!

Anyway, we were in the process of moving out of our current flat and I had taken a job as Night Security guard in a hotel to pay the bills. I got in about 07:30am from work, went to bed. Woke up blearily around half three and stumble out of bed and see my gf standing behind the sofa, facing away from me.

She was wearing her coat so I thought she had just got back from college ; I decided to surprise her suddenly and pushed her so she was bent over the sofa arsewise towards me, I started planting smacks on her behind, while laughing and shouting, "You've been such a bad girl for Daddy, depriving him of your body!" and she starts shrieking in what I believed to be ecstasy when suddenly my gf dashes in from the bathroom opposite and screams my name.

I stagger back in shock (unshaven, sweaty and wearing nothing but my boxers) and this complete stranger springs upwards like a bat out of hell. Turns out she is a lady working for the Estate Agency who has arrived to show someone around the place and was just waiting for them to arrive!

I began to stammer an apology but the woman was sobbing hysterically and the situation wasn't helped by the fact that my erection had been pressed into her thigh the whole time. She snatched up her handbag from the floor as well as some papers she'd been holding which had fallen onto the sofa and rushed out.

My gf later on e-mailed the agency to explain the situation (God knows how that conversation went). Through some miracle I wasn't arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I was in Suas bar in Cork about 10 years ago with brothers for a night out.
    We were chatting away when one of my brothers went to the jacks.
    A few seconds later someone grabbed my shoulders from behind and I was punched with a right cross by someone in front of me. Luckily I didn't fall down and wasn't badly hurt,the two immediately sprinted down the stairs and out of the pub. I can only imagine that it was a case of mistaken identity as I would rarely go out in the city. Happened so fast, we couldn't react.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have an Uncle who apparantly looked very like a former taoiseach, he couldn't understand for ages why when he went to bars and restaurants why people sent him over drinks and other people gave him dirty looks.

It was oonly when one man came over to him giving out that he had ruined the country did he figure out what was happening. It was a great motivation for him to start a diet.

Not mistaken identity (in fact the opposite of it) but will people ever get a bit of cop on and stop trying to surprise others at ATMs, ticket machines, in the street etc. An ex sneaked up behind me (he was an ex at the time but not on bad terms) to give me a fright after I got off the Luas one night, I swung my elbow back and connected with his ribcage rather uncomfortably. For both. Same very nearly happened early one morning at the ticket machine when a work colleague of my boyfriend's came up to fake mug him, I almost laid the girl out flat, not knowing who she was. It's not funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Not mistaken identity (in fact the opposite of it) but will people ever get a bit of cop on and stop trying to surprise others at ATMs, ticket machines, in the street etc. An ex sneaked up behind me (he was an ex at the time but not on bad terms) to give me a fright after I got off the Luas one night, I swung my elbow back and connected with his ribcage rather uncomfortably. For both. Same very nearly happened early one morning at the ticket machine when a work colleague of my boyfriend's came up to fake mug him, I almost laid the girl out flat, not knowing who she was. It's not funny!

You'd be the calm and rational type would you?:pac:

• Advertisement

I was once mistaken for a bus by a short sighted elderly lady.

Worse, her and 23 other OAPs boarded my back and I had to bring them on a day trip to Clonakilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

When I was 11 or 12 I was in a swimming pool when a man swam under the water, grabbed me by the leg and tried to pull me under the water. I repeated kicked him the the face with my free leg at which point he realised I wasn't one of his children who he'd been playing this game with and swam off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Miaireland wrote: »
    I have an Uncle who apparantly looked very like a former taoiseach, he couldn't understand for ages why when he went to bars and restaurants why people sent him over drinks and other people gave him dirty looks.

It was oonly when one man came over to him giving out that he had ruined the country did he figure out what was happening. It was a great motivation for him to start a diet.
    Brian Cowan?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Walking through college one day, I hear my name being called out. "Polka Dot! Polka Dot!" I looked up and there's thisfella waving at me, no fecking clue who he is. I go over anyway, thinking I'd just forgotten him (though I'm usually very good with faces), he sees my perplexed look and immediately looks embarrassed and says "Oh god I'm sorry, I thought you were my friend Polka Dot, you look just like her!" I laugh and tell him that my name actually is Polka Dot. We were both a bit freaked out at the idea of an exact doppelganger of me with the same name. Never saw her around, mind you.

Advertisement