Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 RWC coverage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Vomit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A female pundit :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

ken76 wrote: »
    He really is dire and in the middle of a Springbok attack he is talking about Champions league football

This drove me mad as well, talking about champions league as a decision was being made in the middle of play.....the commentary today has not done anything for the excitement of the match, tv3 should never be allowed get the rwc again..

ive started recording the matches and watching 15 mins in, that way i can go straight into the second half without suffering through all the ads....

This is painful stuff on TV3. Surely with the way Woody is going on about O'Connell, this should be on after the watershed...

Jasus going on like poc just died. Cringey stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Now they are saying O'Connell will not be there tomorrow.

Did I not read yesterday that he was returning to the camp yesterday?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Stheno wrote: »
    Now they are saying O'Connell will not be there tomorrow.

Did I not read yesterday that he was returning to the camp yesterday?

He was having his surgery yesterday. Small possibility he might be out by tomorrow but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

FFS, she's Fiona Steed and if you don't recognise her it only underlines your own ignorance.

In fairness she plays women's rugby not what you'd call a mainstream sport. Could you name the Irish table tennis team?

wp_rathead wrote: »
    Has your mother captained Ireland? Fair play to her

She didn't but did representi Ireland at bridge

CAJpuWf.jpg

• Advertisement

Jaysus sexism in sport is really rearing its ugly head with Fiona Steed as pundit. The amount of lads having zero problem tearing her to shreds is disgusting.

DellyBelly wrote: »
    In fairness she plays women's rugby not what you'd call a mainstream sport. Could you name the Irish table tennis team?

If I was tuning in to watch a live broadcast of the Irish table tennis team I probably could. Yeah.

Jaysus sexism in sport is really rearing its ugly head with Fiona Steed as pundit. The amount of lads having zero problem tearing her to shreds is disgusting.

No issue with her being a woman just don't think she is any good at punditry. People are entitled to their opinion. I have to say Shane Byrne is ****e as well.

Shes gone now thank God

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

He really is dire and in the middle of a Springbok attack he is talking about Champions league football

Agreed, I really thought the match commentary this afternoon was completely anodyne - just the same few stock phrases applied again and again and again. Had to turn off the sound eventually.

Blow ins. She's been on before. TG4's Rugby is anchored by a woman. RTÉ are the only ones still stuck in the dark age.

(Gabby Logan does a better job than Inverdale on BBC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't know who she is but if us viewers are finding it difficult ti identify her it underlines how poor TV3s judgement is. I am assuming she is some kind of journalist.

Nonsense. It just highlights casual sexism. Would people say the same thing about a man they couldn't identify?

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

BarryD wrote: »
    Agreed, I really thought the match commentary this afternoon was completely anodyne - just the same few stock phrases applied again and again and again. Had to turn off the sound eventually.

"What they need to do now is be patient, what they need to do now is be patient, what they need to do now is be patient, what they need to do now is be patient, what they need to do now is be patient, what they need to do now is be patient.......................zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

They should get the lads that do the s4c English commentary, they are great craic

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭seanman is me

all they were missing were the touchscreens!!!!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

BarryD wrote: »

Mind you, both teams game plans are pretty monotonous too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Where's Barnes? Was he commentating for the Welsh game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

Conor mcnamara can't even get players names right.jeremy kaino he called him.I would understand if he didn't know japanese or fijian players.but that's poor

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Conor mcnamara can't even get players names right.jeremy kaino he called him.I would und we stand if he didn't know japanese or fijian.but that's poor

He's absolutely rubbish. How has he gotten all the big games in the tournament? Clearly hasn't a rashers about rugby.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 94 ✭✭Carlo Ancelotti

Matt Coopers sarcastic tone infects every question he poses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ken76

10 mins remaining France being humiliated on scoreboard loosing by 40 odd points .they come out with this gem.Frances world cup us slipping away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

The way the commentators were going on you'd swear France had just thrown it away in the last 10 mins. Laughable!

As for Fiona Steed, I really like her, and I am not just saying that because I am a woman or anything. When Byrne was trying to crack bad jokes and be funny, she was the one who directed the conversation back to the analysis. Plus I think the likes of Hook and McGuirk would die of shock if RTE had the balls (no pun intended) to stick a woman on the panel.

They often have men commentating on women's sport, so what is wrong with a woman commentating on men's sport. Maybe she could teach Conor McNamara a few more rugby phrases, broaden his repertoire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

If I was tuning in to watch a live broadcast of the Irish table tennis team I probably could. Yeah.

I suspect a large amount of people watching the Rugby World Cup (like myself) are casual followers and therefore wouldn't have a clue about any of the irish womens rugby players.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭real man

Its great stuff for the liberals on twitter. The "wage gap" is closing, one step closer to true "equality". I suggest a Black woman as pundit tomorrow for QF3. Then a Muslim refugee for QF4. In the semi finals try someone in a wheelchair and then maybe a Traveller.

I think for the final a Black Muslim woman who is a lesbian, in a wheelchair might just do the trick. TV3s diversity will be through the roof. Although Travellers might be alienated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭real man

I suspect a large amount of people watching the Rugby World Cup (like myself) are casual followers and therefore wouldn't have a clue about any of the irish womens rugby players.

Imagine tuning into the Football World Cup QFs and seeing a woman soccer player on there. It wouldnt happen, its just embarrassing tokenism. Shes only there because of her gender. Is Womens rugby even professional?

Mod: Banned

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement