Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divide your age by 2 and tell us what you were doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

I was 20 and working as a hairdresser. Had just met the man I ended up marrying. Had loads of friends and fantastic social life. My family were alltogether and we were really happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Was 14 -- since it's September I would've started my Junior Cert year.

Puberty & acne were well underway -- I sprouted so much hair on my skinny pasty legs -- it was very embarrassing. I got such a slagging. I had a bit of a awkward-not-quite-a 'tache as well and would start shaving it soon. It took a few days for friends to notice it was gone. Then I got slagged again.

Told everyone that I shifted some girl out the county to hid the fact that I was gay -- only for her to eventually find out and tell everyone it never happened. I became very introverted and depressed -- and everyone hounding me everyday about never shifting a girl didn't help. I self-esteem had largely evaporated by this time and I became suicidal. I would bury my self-hatred in heavy metal -- gradually befriending a lot of the moshers at this time. They all assumed I was a druggie because I was very pale, didn't sleep well so I looked a little stoned and was a little offbeat from my self-isolation from my peers. Instant street cred. :P

Hard to imagine since I've come so far -- it's almost like someone else's life looking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,738 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Just coming to the end of two months' inter-railing - back in the days when it was real value for money. Did a taster tour of pretty much the whole of Europe. Best holiday ever. Stopped off in England on the way home, did three interviews, got offered a job from one of them, offically emigrated from Ireland in October and never went back ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Im 34,when i was 17 i caught the tail end of the rave scene.Lots of sex,drugs,debauchery and various other misdeeds. I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing,but I'm still at the same crack,although I've returned to my original true love of ska/rocksteady,and i insufflate my drugs these days as opposed to popping yokes.Why this weekend alone I took a trip up to belfast for a ska night that ended up turning into a serious session. To make matters worse,one of my concubines is carrying my unborn child,so I should probably knuckle down and stop actin the bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

First year of secondary. Pretty boring, tbf.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

15 years ago I was probably listening to scooter trying to get served in pubs and furiously fapping whenever I could. Not much has changed really......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

How could you divide your age by 2 and get to a point that was before you were even born?
    It was an attempt at a joke.

A failed attempt.

A failure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

So Im guessing at 29 now, thatd be about 14?

Was In secondary school, 2nd year, very quiet, studied a lot that year, had one friend in the class, read a lot, discovered masterbation that age ;):D , and Ben Stiller (no connection i swear lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

osarusan wrote:
    It was an attempt at a joke.

osarusan wrote:
    A failed attempt.

osarusan wrote:
    A failure.

Now I feel bad because I ruined your joke.

Tell us another one and I swear I'll laugh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,522 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

candy-gal1 wrote:
    Was In secondary school, 2nd year, very quiet, studied a lot that year, had one friend in the class, read a lot, discovered masterbation that age , and Ben Stiller (no connection i swear lol)

That escalated quickly.

(would insert meme image but currently on mobile)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Drinking, riding, having fun, great times, some of the best of my life, left home around then and met my future missus about 6 months later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,203 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Being a stay-at-home mum with two nearly-teenagers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Learning how to feast on vageen ! A skill that has proved essential in life !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Tompatrick wrote: »
    Learning how to feast on vageen ! A skill that has proved essential in life !

Leave your cunning linguist stories out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Sitting waiting for my first child to be born and about to turn 21. I am 42 next week and my son will be 21 in early October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Probably **** on a dial up connection, eating takeaway or drinking a few cans in a field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

JG009 wrote: »
    Probably **** on a dial up connection, eating takeaway or drinking a few cans in a field.

... I can just imagine..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In university and smoking rather a lot of happy baccy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

Stuck in on a sat night looking at Bebo wishing I had better friends

More or less no change :(

giv me ur luv hun n il giv u min bac x

xoxx stunnah

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Candie wrote: »
    I was 14, mooning over my Maths teacher and wondering why the boob fairy had forgotten me.

Dod you moon him in the middle of class or at more discreet times? Did he ever catch you either?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Had just finished my degree and was jobless.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Applause

I was 11, almost 12, just in my third week of first year. I was finding it a bit hard to fit in but I knew lots of the people there at least, from primary school, I didn't have friends but spent a lot of my free time bonding with my one year old niece. :) She has just started first year herself now at the ripe old age of 12. Other than that I loved cycling around on my purple bike and watching lots of TV. :pac:

Sad life.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,170 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I was 15. I was working about 25 hours a week in my uncles shop and going to secondary school during the week. Didn't drink at that age and most people in my class did. So felt like a bit of an outcast. Avoided school discos and the like. Got bullied a bit for refusing to sell alcohol to some of the people I went to school with. A pretty unremarkable time of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Rounding to the nearest full year, I'd have been just starting first year of college and completely oblivious to how good I had it!