Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divide your age by 2 and tell us what you were doing

Options
  • 12-09-2015 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭

just to put your life in perspective

were you starting primary or secondary?
    playing with your he-man/barbies?
    getting your first finger bang?

let us know

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Stuck in on a sat night looking at Bebo wishing I had better friends

More or less no change :(

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭blackbird 49

Getting married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭316

Riding

Started secondary school the week before. 9/11 or 11/9 is all I can remember from it.

Edit: ^^^^Lies. Started second year. Thats about it. Fairly boring year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I was married with 2 kids. Studying at night for a PhD and broke. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

About half way through First year of Secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Working 2 jobs and studying part time...

Jebus, when I think of it, I was a glutton for punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

i was in third year,, best part of that year was cracking on with a girl i fancied for ages after the junior cert,, persistence won..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I have no idea what I was doing yesterday, let alone 16+ years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Flipping burgers in a chipper all night and then going into school in the morning without showering :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,383 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Working during the week and drinking most of it at the weekend like most other 20 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had a 1yr old, and had not long moved in with the OH in a nearby town. Still here, two more children since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I was married with 2 kids. Studying at night for a PhD and broke. Seems like a lifetime ago now.

What's your PhD in if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I was doing things 10 year olds do. cocaine mostly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Still trying to colour in between the lines.

My teens were wild.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was spending 8 months travelling through S.E. Asia with my OH having worked in Australia for 2 years. Had an amazing time there but was on a budget so stayed in some really dodgy places. Heading back in January to do it in style.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Probably cleaning up the mineral section in Quinnsworth Shannon.
    Then we'll all meet up at 9:30 Shannon Knights,have a few pints.
    Then get a taxi into Ennis,hit the disco bar's,end up in the Queens nightclub.

Party somewhere afterwards,wake up beside Alison 😠or was it Mary 😨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

eternal wrote: »
    What's your PhD in if you don't mind me asking?

In short, Nature Conservation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Would have been getting quite drunk on my 18th birthday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Getting married

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Getting in trouble at school. Like a lot of 9 year old lads.. I'm guessing I'm younger than most here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

I was married and living in Saudi Arabia. We both worked every hour extra to make enough money to buy a house in Dublin, which we finally managed to do in the early 1990's.

Hated leaving family, cried buckets of tears at the time. The experience of living abroad was fantastic but I missed my family -mother, father and sisters so much.

We were teenagers in the 1980's so we didn't party as we had no money. Innocent times tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Aoibhinn_C

Just starting 5th year and trying desperately to get rid of a clingy "best" friend who was driving me nuts and I was too nice to tell her to **** off. I started off the school year thinking I was finally going to get rid of her as she was planning to do transition year but as soon as she learned I was skipping it she decided to skip it too. *rolls eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I was in 5th Year and working 20 hours a week in a nursing home. I was constantly wrecked, hated school and work. Home life was chaotic due to a sibling with serious mental health problems - not much has changed on that front, mental health services are still totally inadequate 16 years later.

21 jumping from dead end job to the next.
    Heavy drinker and smoking a half ounce of hash every week. This was the norm for the next 12 years

I know I had a great time of it in my 20's but I can barely remember most of it as I was either too drunk or stoned

Seldom take a drink now and years since a spliff. Drink I don't miss but there are times when Id love a toke :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Married and planing my life ahead of me which didn't go to the plan I planed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Starting secondary school

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Discovering the thrill of smoking in the school loos... I really thought I was cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I had just moved back to Tipperary after 6 years in England. I was drinking heavily, taking a lot of drugs and riding high powered motorcyles. All at the same time. How I'm still alive I don't know. Different times. I wouldn't dream of doing it today.

Advertisement