Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELECTRIC PICNIC 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Zaza wrote: »
    Anyone have room in their car for two going from Dublin city centre to electric picnic on Friday? Will pay petrol etc
    €25 return by coach from City Centre.
    http://www.electricpicnic.ie/information/travel/coach

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Crunch1989 wrote: »
    lads in desperate need for a lift from Limerick to Electric Picnic this friday..will pay for petrol..thanks :)

http://www.kellytravel.ie/Electric_Picnic_2016

395872.jpg

395873.jpg

395874.jpg

395875.jpg

395876.jpg

395877.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

How come you're down there so early? Are you there for the weekend? Must get you to do some wiring in my van! 😅

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

DaSchmo wrote: »
    I'm planning on heading down on Thursday afternoon and will go ahead and put mine up anyway and see if I am prevented from doing it or asked to take it down - worth a shot anyway. Will post back here and let you all know how I got on.

Waiting with baited breath about the awning. With the forecast rain, it'll be crap to have not have the extra space. Good Luck!

Loads of awnings up here and nothing said, some tents also. Some people have got a standard box trailer with an awning off of it and have been let in so seems grand.
    I have the caravan behind my bongo with two awnings and got them both in on a car + caravan ticket.
    Found the queue much better this year but maybe got here about a half hour earlier, got setup, made dinner, few tins and now hitting the hay

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Thanks for the info - bongo, awning and crew on the road later this morning!

Hid everyone hold up in the rain? Got some leakage from the awning on my bongo but the caravan awning is dry as a bone! Few more heads this morning, not helped by the one guy in campervans who's been blaring tunes all morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Hid everyone hold up in the rain? Got some leakage from the awning on my bongo but the caravan awning is dry as a bone! Few more heads this morning, not helped by the one guy in campervans who's been blaring tunes all morning!

A few drips but nothing too bad. Getting family wristbands was a bit of a pain in the arse though Friday eve - staff not properly organised/informed at all.

Got a proper soaking in the main arena this morning when we went for a wander. Hot showers are the winner though! Just back from LCD and they were excellent.

Bringing kids is the best hangover preventer ever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭charlietully

lost the exterior cabinet door to the sluice area of the campervan we were in, any miricalous chance some kind sould found it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

lost the exterior cabinet door to the sluice area of the campervan we were in, any miricalous chance some kind sould found it?

The toilet cassette door? I hope you find it. If not I am sure they can be bought.
    Edit. Charles Camping http://charlescamping.ie/store/index.php/spare-parts/thetford-service-door-3.html

*Kol* wrote: »

The toilet cassette door? I hope you find it. If not I am sure they can be bought.
    aye, didn't even know that was the name, struggling to find one to buy, if you know anywhere let me know please. its an old 1992 vw I borrowed.

I edited the post above. If it's a Thetford then Charles Camping have them.

http://charlescamping.ie/store/index.php/spare-parts/thetford-service-door-3.html

I edited the post above. If it's a Thetford then Charles Camping have them.

http://charlescamping.ie/store/index.php/spare-parts/thetford-service-door-3.html
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

Absolutely disgusting the state the tented camping area was left in, shameful.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/charity-finds-most-tents-left-at-electric-picnic-unusable-1.2781569

Benbecul97 wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusting the state the tented camping area was left in, shameful.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/charity-finds-most-tents-left-at-electric-picnic-unusable-1.2781569
    Would be interesting to see a photo of the camper area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

How much does a campervan ticket cost btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

How much does a campervan ticket cost btw?

€70 plus charges including fee for registered post delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Would be interesting to see a photo of the camper area.

The main camper area was left in fairly good shape certainly where I was. One group left tents, chairs, broken picnic tables ect and some rubbish but that was all I saw.

No problem with awnings and extra tents.

I was surprised at the number of tents set up in or around campervans. Beside me there was 3 people in a campervan and 3 small tents beside them for extra adults.

The only time I saw security was when a van close to me started engine around midnight to charge battery and they were told to shut it off.

didn't seem to be a problem running engines during the day.

My own battery held up pretty well and only used about 30% from Thursday to Monday so that was a bonus.

• Advertisement

Security seemed a lot less strict than last year alright. The campervan area was a kit cleaner than the campsite, most groups has no problem putting their mess into the bins.
    Walk is a bit of a pain but otherwise no drawbacks apart from the state of the portlaloos on monday morning.

Don't forget your campervan/caravan passes have just gone on sale for 2017

They sold out fairly quickly last year with no 2nd release.

Delivery charge has gone up:(

Anyone know if they're still available? On a course today with work so haven't got a chance to get online

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone know if they're still available? On a course today with work so haven't got a chance to get online

well I don't think they will sell out in a day or 2 but certainly better getting in sooner rather than later..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Got my general one, the family ones were sold out after less than 10 minutes, I suppose they reduced the numbers even further then. Price is ridiculous too - 75 + 12.50 delivery + fees. 93 euro for entry to a field with less facilities than the proper campsites.

Yikes, general campervan tickets now sold out too. Sorry lads!

MJohnston wrote: »
    Yikes, general campervan tickets now sold out too. Sorry lads!

No they're not - I just bought some!

No they're not - I just bought some!

EP Twitter is saying so, so you might have had one of the last ones in your basket before they sold out!

MJohnston wrote: »
    EP Twitter is saying so, so you might have had one of the last ones in your basket before they sold out!

Yeah, could be something like that. I checked them out online, then said I would head down to my local TM to get them there, queue was out the door so I came back home. Logged on to boards and saw your message so darted back over to TM and bought ASAP. I guess what I am saying is I owe you a pint next September!

• Advertisement

Managed to get one also but hearing they're sold out now. I wouldn't mind the price if they just had more toilets and kept them clean. It is still good value on comparison to the likes of pink moon though.

Advertisement