Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ELECTRIC PICNIC 2016

Options
  • 11-09-2015 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭

Tickets went on sale today.
    Not sure if it's true but heard on local radio that all family campervan tickets have been sold already!!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If they are I am not surprised. I have spoken to people who used the family site and they were very happy about the way it was run.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Martin_D

Tickets went on sale today.
    Not sure if it's true but heard on local radio that all family campervan tickets have been sold already!!.

Yep - all sold out. General Camper Tickets still available. Price gone up by €10 plus an extra "Secure Delivery" charge. Sounds like yet another way to screw extra cash from festival fans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭Alkers

Heard all normal campervan and caravan tickets sold out...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

There'll be another phase surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Slightly reluctant to get my ticket THIS early but notched one this morning for the installment plan and 3 picnics or more discount.

I guess I'm going now!

And there might be another wave of tickets, or at the very least a few released really close to the date for cancelations and stuff

The picnic offer might come around again like it did last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 Clem_Fandango

stevire wrote: »
    There'll be another phase surely?

nope. It's in the field with the masses for ya, or sling yizzer hook.

There was another release last year immediately before the event

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oraghabd

Trying to buy a pink moon camping ticket online. Anyone know what I need to verify it and make sure I'm not being scammed?

Cheers

Did anyone receive their campervan pass yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

Simona1986 wrote: »

Not me anyway. See below from Ticketmaster website

Order Status

Your tickets haven’t been dispatched just yet…
    Please keep checking back here for updates, or you can check our helpdesk for up to date dispatch info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Has anyone taken kids into the standard campervan site?

I was in it about 5 years ago - but not with kids. Wondering if any first hand experience, or should I not consider it unless I can get into family campervan site?

On that note - I have standard weekend tickets and general campervan pass. Was thinking of buying a family campervan pass, but from another post here it's not possible to enter family campervan site if no family tickets to hand? Anyone chance it before?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dibble

Simona1986 wrote: »

We received ours yesterday. Woohoo!

Got a registered letter to pick up so I'm hoping that's it - will know soon!

Got mine today, was delivered yesterday via registered letter.

I was in it about 5 years ago - but not with kids. Wondering if any first hand experience, or should I not consider it unless I can get into family campervan site?

I have first hand experience of it (but not with kids) the worst part about it would be that you have to walk through the warzone that is the normal campsites in order to get to the main arena. Other than that I think kids would be fine

Cheers - since I posted that today, I managed to get family weekend tickets and a family campervan pass, so will be very sensible this year, compared to last visit anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭DaSchmo

Hi guys, looking at the terms and conditions on the EP campervan passes this year I see a clause about "no awnings" which seems to be new this year - I don't recall it being there before? I wonder will it be enforced, about half the caravans in previous years (including me) had their awnings up - very handy for having people over for a few pre gig drinks without the risk of booze spills and cigarette burns in the inside of the van. Does anyone remember the reference to awnings being there before?

DaSchmo wrote: »
    Hi guys, looking at the terms and conditions on the EP campervan passes this year I see a clause about "no awnings" which seems to be new this year - I don't recall it being there before? I wonder will it be enforced, about half the caravans in previous years (including me) had their awnings up - very handy for having people over for a few pre gig drinks without the risk of booze spills and cigarette burns in the inside of the van. Does anyone remember the reference to awnings being there before?

not sure but it would hardly apply to a campervan with a wind out awning with no sides I would hope??

There was plenty of people last year in campers with drive away awnings attached.

I'm planning on heading down on Thursday afternoon and will go ahead and put mine up anyway and see if I am prevented from doing it or asked to take it down - worth a shot anyway. Will post back here and let you all know how I got on.

• Advertisement

DaSchmo wrote: »
    I'm planning on heading down on Thursday afternoon and will go ahead and put mine up anyway and see if I am prevented from doing it or asked to take it down - worth a shot anyway. Will post back here and let you all know how I got on.

Thanks. As a matter of interest how is the area laid out?

is there much space between units? Are you guided to an area or is it a free for all. Some pitches better than others?

Havent been before but going with campervan.

The thing about awnings has always been there. Last year I was asked by the guy directing us to our spot if we had one, so as to allow extra space between us and the next people over.

The pitches are all the same really, it just parking in rows but the layout is OK with good separation between people.

The only difference this year is different tickets for campers and caravans, not sure how this will play out on the ground.

Seaswimmer wrote: »
    Thanks. As a matter of interest how is the area laid out?

is there much space between units? Are you guided to an area or is it a free for all. Some pitches better than others?

Havent been before but going with campervan.

I have brought the caravan for the last three years - as of last year there was one large field adjacent to one of the main camping sites with a hard stand on the way in and split down the middle again by a hard stand - one side for campers and one side for caravans. You are guided into an area (yeah there certainly was plenty of space for car and awning last year) and it's all pretty much flat so I wouldn't have any real preference in terms of spots other than being close to the front is closer to the gig and I wouldn't be mad on parking right next to the hard stand because of all the people walking by all the time. Nor would I be in a rush to park right by the toilets but that's festival 101 stuff in fairness!

Last year there was also an overflow field behind the main one which started filling up on the Friday evening - terrain was decent enough and campers / caravans were mixed in. Decent place to be for the weekend but if you can, get down before this fills up or you could be looking at having to get out through one extra muddy field if it rains and gets muddy the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Anyone any knowledge about generators. I assume you cant bring them, but i've a nice small quite one I'd like to use during the day.

seen as my battery in the caravan only lasts about 12 minutes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Anyone any knowledge about generators. I assume you cant bring them, but i've a nice small quite one I'd like to use during the day.

seen as my battery in the caravan only lasts about 12 minutes!

https://www.google.ie/#q=electric+picnic+terms+and+conditions+generator

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭The Davestator

I know what it says! It also says you cant put up awnings, but that seems to be ignored every year. Just wondering if this is a rule that gets ignored too!

I know what it says! It also says you cant put up awnings, but that seems to be ignored every year. Just wondering if this is a rule that gets ignored too!

So long as you have a "silent" generator like a Honda EU20i or similar and you only run it during daytime hours or early evening you'll probably be grand - leaving a loud one on all night is bound to ruffle a few feathers with the neighbours and would also most likely attract the attention of security. Like most things I suppose, don't take the piss and you'll be grand.

Hit also says no glass, and gas bottles should be less that 7 kgs? Surely they know that most campers and caravans use standard 11kg gas bottles? From what I have heard the family camper area seems to be fairly easy going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Crunch1989

lads in desperate need for a lift from Limerick to Electric Picnic this friday..will pay for petrol..thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Zaza

Anyone have room in their car for two going from Dublin city centre to electric picnic on Friday? Will pay petrol etc

Advertisement