Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Easy Games in Aviva Premiership thread 2015/2016

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

matthew8 wrote: »
    Saracens taking a beating of London Welsh proportions today. Losing 64-23 at home to Wasps.

What an absolute pasting Saracens took. Piatau, if he turns up to Ulster, will be some addition...I doubt he will end up there...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

What an absolute pasting Saracens took. Piatau, if he turns up to Ulster, will be some addition...I doubt he will end up there...

Why do you doubt it?

bilston wrote: »
    Why do you doubt it?

The money now involved at wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

He will play for Ulster, already has signed and can't go back on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Wolfpack me arse....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Saracens have conceded eighteen tries this season. Eight of them were from today's match. That's a mad stat

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,196 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How many international players were they missing? They're nothing without the Farreler.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Worcester have signed Francois Hougaard. It's scary that low level English clubs can attract that profile of a player.

Worcester have signed Francois Hougaard. It's scary that low level English clubs can attract that profile of a player.

Wonder what happens to him and Ben teo if they get relegated this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Wonder what happens to him and Ben teo if they get relegated this year..

They play the English Championship and B&I Cup !

• Advertisement

i would say they have a release cause in their contract if worcester sauce go down

i would say they have a release cause in their contract if worcester sauce go down

Possibly. I think there's been cases where a relegated team would loan the player out for a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

matthew8 wrote: »
    Saracens taking a beating of London Welsh proportions today. Losing 64-23 at home to Wasps.

Full game, albeit with non-English commentary, if anyone wants to relish it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Do Saracens still play 'the fat lady' near the end of matches? That would have been nice to see! :pac::p

Hougaard is poison. I wouldn't wish him on anyone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

He's certainly a name but yeah I don't know if he's up to much. He didn't make the Boks RWC squad but don't know if he was injured or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

How is it anyways scary...??

The owner is an absolute millionaire and has long pumped money into the club. He single handily built that club.

People have short memory's the last time Worcester where in the Prem that has some big names on huge money. Even last year in the championship they had Creevy the Puma's captain on their books and again he was getting very good money.

Worcester have a lot more money than most clubs in the Prem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Hougaard is poison. I wouldn't wish him on anyone.

Why? Do you mean in the dressing room?

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Why? Do you mean in the dressing room?

On the pitch. Dreadful player.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

He's not a dreadful player or poison. Dreadful players don't pick up 35 caps for the Springboks and start in Super Rugby winning teams. Dreadful players at professional level are guys like Niall O'Connor or Harry Vermass who are completely out of their depth.

He can be very erratic and has been something of a panto villain for his own team's supporters in the past but has a lot of talent if used correctly. He's also uniquely versatile which is always extremely worthwhile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,971 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

On the pitch. Dreadful player.

I always thought he was very talented. Does have the odd brain explosion. I'm sure his coaches loved the fact he could cover wing and HB, I think it didn't help him as he was being shunted between two very different positions throughout the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Bbc website says cipriani back to wasps is done deal.

aimee1 wrote: »
    Bbc website says cipriani back to wasps is done deal.

Makes sense. He suits the style of rugby they're playing now and seems a more settled personality. Gopperth has been very good for them but is 33 this summer and, for a guy who runs the ball a lot, will have diminished influence.

Buer wrote: »
    Makes sense. He suits the style of rugby they're playing now and seems a more settled personality. Gopperth has been very good for them but is 33 this summer and, for a guy who runs the ball a lot, will have diminished influence.

He'll be on £300k a year. Nice wedge.

He'll be on £300k a year. Nice wedge.

The TV money has been a complete game changer in England. Almost all teams now are making serious signings that were out of their reach 3-4 years ago when the AP was considered a struggling league.

Teams who weren't traditionally flush with cash now have some huge names on their books and there are more coming next season:

Picamoles
    Charteris
    Faletau
    Greg Holmes
    Dave Denis
    Matt Scott
    Matt Tomua
    JP Pietersen
    Burger
    Marty Moore
    Ben T'eo
    Potgieter

Not a bad bunch considering it's only February....

Buer wrote: »
    The TV money has been a complete game changer in England. Almost all teams now are making serious signings that were out of their reach 3-4 years ago when the AP was considered a struggling league.

Teams who weren't traditionally flush with cash now have some huge names on their books and there are more coming next season:

Picamoles
    Charteris
    Faletau
    Greg Holmes
    Dave Denis
    Matt Scott
    Matt Tomua
    JP Pietersen
    Burger
    Marty Moore
    Ben T'eo
    Potgieter

Not a bad bunch considering it's only February....

I really hope that the salary cap is policed somehow. They still need a strong European competition . Lets home sky decide to pump money into the pro12 , considering bt extended their contract with up rugby.. sky need rugby too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Exeter have signed Lachie Turner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Good piece of business by Exeter. Apparently the salary triggers a release clause for Cips, he has a year left. So is a fee being paid?

Advertisement