Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there Sex Abuse Rings in Ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Look at all the Aisan men here in ireland at the moment and growing its possible we could get the same culture here

I hope you're not being serious with this comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭tmh106

foggy_lad wrote: »
    would we do anything about it if we found out they were not old enough?
    Given that would be a crime, and a very serious one, I certainly hope any right thinking person would report this to the police.
    foggy_lad wrote: »
    most men can be very "odd" when it comes to a girl who appears a bit older but is in fact only a child, maybe it is once the girls are capable of bearing children the men don't see sex with them as a crime but just something that comes naturally?

You call it "odd", I call it criminal, per what I say above.

tmh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Sex abuse rings? some kind of finger worn device that one can abuse with? not sure but we'll see what happens in the Apple launch this week - there may be something like this seeing as we didn't ge the Apple Watch here yet.

Jokes about wide-spread sexual abuse of children?

Seriously, grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

I'd be very surprised if, given our past failures in protecting children, there was't a string of them operating.

Broken windows theory and all that.

Edit; I'm not at all surprised that in this thread, the CC is the poster boy, but there's no mention of SF's involvement with child abuse, or other cases involving high profile individuals which were hushed up. The blind eye is turned!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Laughable to suggest the catholic church didnt facilitate child sex rings in this country. They deliberately moved the child rapists who were exposed so they could carry on elsewhere, while at the same time used their considerable influence to protect them from any repercussions. Boards mods banning people for pointing this out is nauseating stuff.

MOD: Take some time off to read the forum charter.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 353 ✭✭discodiva92

smash wrote: »
    I hope you're not being serious with this comment...

Happened and is happening in the U.K?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Red_Wake wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if, given our past failures in protecting children, there was't a string of them operating.

Broken windows theory and all that.

Edit; I'm not at all surprised that in this thread, the CC is the poster boy, but there's no mention of SF's involvement with child abuse, or other cases involving high profile individuals which were hushed up. The blind eye is turned!
    Mention of only the church hardly means a blind eye being turned to other abusers. The church is simply the first thing people tend to think of when it comes to child abuse and this state - considering the magnitude it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Jokes about wide-spread sexual abuse of children?

Seriously, grow up.

Good pun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

humanji wrote: »
    MOD: A little less of the libellous accusations against an organisation, please. There's a difference between members committing a crime and the organisation itself orchestrating crimes.
    MOD: Folks, covering up a crime and committing the crime are two very different things. In the case of the child abuse involving member sof the church, one has been proven, the other is a libellous accusation that hasn't been proven. So stop accusing ANY organisation or person of crimes they have not be PROVEN to have committed. This is not up for discussion.

lol. Seriously, just lol.

It's not so much a libellous claim, rather common knowledge at this stage. Cmon ta fucck.

MOD: Take some time off to read the forum charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Mention of only the church hardly means a blind eye being turned to other abusers. The church is simply the first thing people tend to think of when it comes to child abuse and this state - considering the magnitude it makes sense.

Surely though it's worth paying attention to potential ongoing child abuse(which can then be prevented) then historical child abuse?

If we condemn the CC while letting others go, we're really only shedding crocodile tears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

This thread is a trainwreck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

This thread is a trainwreck.

Agreed!

Total Nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Red_Wake wrote: »
    Surely though it's worth paying attention to potential ongoing child abuse(which can then be prevented) then historical child abuse?

If we condemn the CC while letting others go, we're really only shedding crocodile tears.
    Nobody has given any indication that they're not doing both. This is only a discussion board thread, where the most obvious example of abuse in this state was brought up - there's no letting go of any child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

MOD: Folks, covering up a crime and committing the crime are two very different things. In the case of the child abuse involving member sof the church, one has been proven, the other is a libellous accusation that hasn't been proven. So stop accusing ANY organisation or person of crimes they have not be PROVEN to have committed. This is not up for discussion.

The redress board which dealt with abuse cases was set up to offer victims financial reparations in exchange for criminal cases not being taken against largely Catholic organisations. Detailed hearings were scheduled for each case and guilt had to be proven before reparations were paid. These victims consisted of individuals whose lives were destroyed by the abuse they endured as children and their financial situations necessitated these people to take a pay off instead of taking costly criminal cases against a mega rich organisation, these monies were paid by the state and not the organisations who employed the guilty parties incidentally.
    The above is a matter of public record and has been proven. The posters here that have been infracted for rightly arguing against your ill informed opinion were in the right and your reaction was frightening as it displayed bully tactics which were way out of line. I will likely receive a ban for this post but in future not using your position as a moderator to make sweeping statements without having done the most basic research to back up your claims and then forbid discussion and punish members for correcting your glaring mistake, may be a better course of action. This type of Jack boot moderation is incredibly disrespectful of members and their honest and worthwhile contributions to this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

MOD: It's actually unbelievable that people can't tell the difference between committing a crime and covering up when someone has committed the crime. As pointed out above, this thread is a trainwreck and it beyond hope.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement