Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 1 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I'm starting to enjoy these packers fans' posts.

Well get ready for another 16-20 weeks of it, followed by the cherry on top in February when a dozen or so posts appear with "FFS, how does Capers keep his job again!?"

Disappointing and pretty light holding call there, but Rodgers and Jones are looking f***ing electric so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Bateman wrote: »
    So much to like about that Bears drive, Cutler's line actually protecting him, and Forte is in some shape physically

Yeah I don't think we win today because Rodgers will get it done, but this has been much better than anyone could have expected offensively.

If anyone ever asks "why doesn't Rodgers have more than one ring?" ever again, I'm just going to make them watch this quarter of football. :mad: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I thought Cruz was going to be good to go tonight, what sort of time do they think he'll need to go?

No time frame unfortunately. He's dealing with a calf injury now. Not sure how related that is to the knee, if at all though

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Much better drive from Indy. Mixing running and passing well finally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,839 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well get ready for another 16-20 weeks of it, followed by the cherry on top in February when a dozen or so posts appear with "FFS, how does Capers keep his job again!?"

Disappointing and pretty light holding call there, but Rodgers and Jones are looking f***ing electric so far!

Penalties are killing your offense, stupid stuff too. But we're better than anyone, especially packers fans, were giving credit for.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Texans being manhandled by Kansas at home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cecil is so irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Cecil and the bird in the stadium would seem to be one of Sky's more useless contributions to live sports coverage

Vinateri misses a FG attempt. Not going to be our day methinks.

• Advertisement

Penalties are killing your offense, stupid stuff too. But we're better than anyone, especially packers fans, were giving credit for.

Your defense is going quite well but we should still easily be on 14 at least, and you literally do not need to pass to get TDs.

Fox does make a good, scrappy team though. One of those guys that won't 'put you over the top' with an extremely talented team, but who knows how to get the most out of undertalented teams, or ones in transition. He was great at it in Carolina.

Cecil and the bird in the stadium would seem to be one of Sky's more useless contributions to live sports coverage

You should have seen her on Thursday, it was so bad that I wonder if she has ever actually presented before, or if she just happens to know someone who knows someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

I can't watch the game, but the vaunted Miami run defense looks like it's getting trampled on by Washington. 97 rushing yards compared to 2, 17 minutes of possession compared to 5 for Miami. Still only 3-0 though.

**ok, must not follow games on NFL.com woefully behind with updates 10 - 7 Washington now.

Even the Bills QB is running against us. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I wish there was another episode of Hard Knocks this week :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Well done Grigson. That run D looks even worse this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

That_Guy wrote: »
    Even the Bills QB is running against us. FFS.

its Tyrod though

This is phenomenally bad from the Colts. We bring the blitz yet Williams is still able to burst through for a TD.

Paully D wrote: »
    I wish there was another episode of Hard Knocks this week :pac:

just going to post this, I'd like to see BOB's response to that first half

FitzMagic

• Advertisement

Even Cutler's making people miss and breaking tackles. It's comedy out there.

In before Billy combusts over Dom Capers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Taylor putting in an impressive half for his first ever NFL start.The Bills defense has the Luck & Co stumped. The Colts need to get on the scoreboard next.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Billy86 wrote: »
    Even Cutler's making people miss and breaking tackles. It's comedy out there.

Biblical scholars have postulated that Jay Cutler outrunning & out-cutting the defence as a harbinger of the apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This coaching team is so spineless. Two timeouts and the Bills get the ball at the start of the second but we take a knee.

Having Brandon Marshall on this team makes Decker such a bigger weapon

Taylor putting in an impressive half for his first ever NFL start.

He learned from one of the best ;)

Paully D wrote: »
    In before Billy combusts over Dom Capers :D
    I'm long past that now, I'm actually just resigned to the fact he has cost, and in future is going to cost one of the greatest QBs ever the chance to win more rings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

phatkev wrote: »
    just going to post this, I'd like to see BOB's response to that first half

He was screaming for minimum of two minutes at the end of the half.

• Advertisement

Jets go into the half with a 14-10 lead at the half, but Bowles has to make some adjustments! fairly poor that first half

Advertisement