Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armstrong 2015/16

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭sinbad68

This is becoming a pointless argument like most on boards.

It is a friendly discussion and not a hostile argument. As for being pointless, it is NOT!, it may take another few weeks for it to make sense!.Any way I like this thread !, in another thread I've got couple of people stalking me and waiting for sinbad to say it's daytime at noon , so they can shout " You are wrong sinbad, it's night time ! "

• Registered Users Posts: 27 must have a jest

sinbad68 wrote: »
    It is a friendly discussion and not a hostile argument. As for being pointless, it is NOT!, it may take another few weeks for it to make sense!.Any way I like this thread !, in another thread I've got couple of people stalking me and waiting for sinbad to say it's daytime at noon , so they can shout " You are wrong sinbad, it's night time ! "

Totally agree. Also, arguing about whether or not an argument is pointless is clearly not pointless either. I'd have to see strong evidence to change my mind on this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Curragh 4.5 Balbriggan 3.5 first ever Curragh win in the Armstrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Tim Harding

Neo_Ninja wrote: »
    Curragh 4.5 Balbriggan 3.5 first ever Curragh win in the Armstrong!

Congratulations to them. It heaps the pressure on Kilkenny. Do you have the individual results?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

Congratulations to them. It heaps the pressure on Kilkenny. Do you have the individual results?

Thank you. I'm afraid I don't have the individual results yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,151 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Kilkenny pick up six draws against Dún Laoghaire, but no wins.

This despite outrating their opponents on 5 of the boards. They had a similar problem against Bray. They're not a particularly strong Armstrong team anyway, so they can't afford to be underperforming as they are. The question is will the big guns come out again this year (Mark Quinn played against Dún Laoghaire) and will it be enough?

Phibsboro and St Benildus B could pick up few enough points against Trinity and Dublin this week as well; might be a very good round for Currgah.

cdeb wrote: »
    The question is will the big guns come out again this year (Mark Quinn played against Dún Laoghaire) and will it be enough?

One them has for now anyway, if Mark Quinn has been asked to play, likely gm Baburin has been asked also, and if he obliges and joins the fray, he'll be playing in Dublin only, where he lives.If both play regularly then it would be a game changer,without them Kilkenny is doomed.These two are reluctant warriors and doing a favour. Rumour has it that the Kilkenny captain was the one who invited and brought gm Baburin to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Rumour has it that the Kilkenny captain was the one who invited and brought gm Baburin to Ireland.
    No rumour about it, Keogh invited Baburin to Ireland.

mikhail wrote: »
    No rumour about it, Keogh invited Baburin to Ireland.

Ok , let me clear things up , when Sinbad says " rumour has it" you can take it to be a "Fact" and when he says " it is a fact " then you can take it that it is written on a stone tablet somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

Ok , let me clear things up , when Sinbad says " rumour has it" you can take it to be a "Fact" and when he says " it is a fact " then you can take it that it is written on a stone tablet somewhere.
    I suppose I have to make allowances for English not being your first language.

• Advertisement

Colm Quigley, who is playing around board 2/3 for Kilkenny this year, is a more than decent player but is coming back after a long lay-off. His last ICU rating was 2029 in 2001. I first played him in 1976.
    If he's reading this or anyone has contact details for him, please send me a PM as I am trying to contact players who may be eligible for Irish senior (i.e. veteran) teams.

mikhail wrote: »
    I suppose I have to make allowances for English not being your first language.

Thanks mikail !.This is Not about my English, but more about the standard I use for info and it's accuracy.I thank you anyway for the allowance you have given me and return your kindness, and as a member of Mensa will make allowance for the statement you have made after considering the sizable gap between our IQ's. :)

Colm Quigley, who is playing around board 2/3 for Kilkenny this year, is a more than decent player but is coming back after a long lay-off. His last ICU rating was 2029 in 2001. I first played him in 1976.
    If he's reading this or anyone has contact details for him, please send me a PM as I am trying to contact players who may be eligible for Irish senior (i.e. veteran) teams.

Colm Quigley plays for Kilkenny chess club , the phone number of club official is on their website , if you contact him, you'll get sorted. meanwhile I am taking a break from boards.ie as I currently don't need the hostility towards me from Benildus crowd and busy these days ( today being an exception).

Colm Quigley plays for Dublin chess club , the phone number of several club officials is on their website , if you contact them, you'll get sorted. meanwhile I am taking a break from boards.ie as I currently don't need the hostility towards me from Benildus crowd and busy these days ( today being an exception).

There is no hostility coming from me; I am unconnected with Benildus.

I wasn't aware that Colm Quigley was a member of Dublin CC. Can anyone confirm that is correct before I go bothering Dublin CC officials?

He is on the Kilkenny panel and has played all their three matches this year.
    http://www.leinsterchess.com/lcu1516/div1/panel11.htm

There is no hostility coming from me; I am unconnected with Benildus.

I wasn't aware that Colm Quigley was a member of Dublin CC. Can anyone confirm that is correct before I go bothering Dublin CC officials?

He is on the Kilkenny panel and has played all their three matches this year.
    http://www.leinsterchess.com/lcu1516/div1/panel11.htm

Yes, Tim, Colm Quigley plays for Kilkenny, I wanted to give a gift to my adversaries here before my Long break from boards.ie, so they could finally come and say " Sinbad you are wrong " and be actually right !, but to my surprise they haven't taken the offer !.The contact number for kilkenny club is Donal Fennelly, 056 7722852, (should really have a mobile number to call) and You are NOT a benildus player and I have No dispute with you and was just trying to advice & help benildus, that's all. I don't know when I will post here next, could be several weeks away, or several months and or maybe Never. Bye

Yes, Tim, Colm Quigley plays for Kilkenny, I wanted to give a gift to my adversaries here before my Long break from boards.ie, so they could finally come and say " Sinbad you are wrong " and be actually right !, but to my surprise they haven't taken the offer !.The contact number for kilkenny club is Donal Fennelly, 056 7722852, (should really have a mobile number to call) and You are NOT a benildus player and I have No dispute with you and was just trying to advice & help benildus, that's all. I don't know when I will post here next, could be several weeks away, or several months and or maybe Never. Bye

OK thanks, I will ring Donal (probably tomorrow or at the weekend, as we have a match this evening).
    Goodbye and happy sailing, Sinbad.

Bray 2½-5½ St Benildus A

St Benildus B 2 - 6 Dublin

Any result from Trniity v Phibsboro during the week?

Curious to see how things are developing at the bottom.

cdeb wrote: »
    Any result from Trniity v Phibsboro during the week?

Curious to see how things are developing at the bottom.

Trinity won 5.5-2.5. Unfortunately I lost and our captain lost. Board 3 was drawn.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Good result for Phibsboro. Looks like Curragh, us and Kilkenny will be scrapping with Phibsboro for the two relegation slots - and I can't see where we're going to get 2½ points off Trinity from anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Retd.LoyolaCpt

Elm Mount 1.5 - 4.5 Gonzaga. Sam (W) vs David (B) and Carl (W) vs Liam (B) on Wednesday

Dún Laoghaire 5-3 St Benildus B

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭macelligott

Armstrong R3. Elm Mount 1.5 - 6.5 Gonzaga

Wow. Gonzaga 1½ points clear, having already played their two closest rivals from last year. Looking ominous...

St Benildus A 6.5-1.5 Curragh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wine and final destination

Good result for Balbriggan drawing 4-4 with Trinity!

Armstrong round 4 Phibsboro 1.5 - 6.5 Elm Mount

• Registered Users Posts: 37 wine and final destination

Was your whole match brought forward by a week Gerry?

• Advertisement

Was your whole match brought forward by a week Gerry?
    The match was braught forward one week to avoid playing on night of soccer international.

Advertisement