Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train Drivers.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Surely crane drivers' options pose more of a conundrum.

Light golden showers forecast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Whenever they choo choo choose.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,174 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

jimgoose wrote: »
    ...I have contacted Irish Rail to ask them if any of their locomotives feature small restroom facilities in the driver's cabin area, particularly the newer IE 201 Class machines. I will report back here as soon as I have information.

Irish Rail have spoken:

Good Afternoon Mr. Goose,
    No, none of our Locos have a toilet facility in the Driver's cab.

Hmm, this is serious. I shan't be able to approach a level-crossing anymore without the Thousand Yard Stare, ready to duck. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Irish Rail have spoken:

Hmm, this is serious. I shan't be able to approach a level-crossing anymore without the Thousand Yard Stare, ready to duck. :pac:

Shocked that Irish Rail have someone to answer queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

On the coal shovel surely and into the furnace with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

Irish Rail have spoken:

Most Locos in the UK had jacks in the engine compartment. Couldn't use them while in motion mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭sovereign121

I am a train driver. Seriously. Once on a trip to Cork I ate got a dodgy chicken burger from Hillbillies. Had a rumble in the stomach going through the tunnel out of Cork on the return leg. Thought it would pass and it did. Briefly. About 5 minutes past Mallow I got the 'DROP'. Had to lash on the emergency brake. Rang control and told them some little **** pulled the emergency cord and had to go back and reset it. With that I legged it out of the cab, back to first class and nose dived into the jacks. With beads of sweat on my brow the world fell out of my ass.

So in summary we lie to control then stink out first class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

I am a train driver. Seriously. Once on a trip to Cork I ate got a dodgy chicken burger from Hillbillies. Had a rumble in the stomach going through the tunnel out of Cork on the return leg. Thought it would pass and it did. Briefly. About 5 minutes past Mallow I got the 'DROP'. Had to lash on the emergency brake. Rang control and told them some little **** pulled the emergency cord and had to go back and reset it. With that I legged it out of the cab, back to first class and nose dived into the jacks. With beads of sweat on my brow the world fell out of my ass.

So in summary we lie to control then stink out first class.

And thus a modern folk hero is born.

Feck control, and feck first class!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe they have a piss bottle like the truckers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭knird evol

You never saw thomas the tank engine taking a piss.
    What was his problem?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Lyaiera wrote: »
    And thus a modern folk hero is born.

Feck control, and feck first class!

Class boundaries don't stand up when you've got to unload a steaming coil of scuttery midden.

Advertisement