Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed re: retrospective planning

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Strolling Bones

2 Archs with different views. one saying its compliant, one saying its not. .

Remove yourself from this and ask - what's wrong with this picture.
    Imagine you are the vendor at a future date and you have to sell under this scenario.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Remove yourself from this and ask - what's wrong with this picture.
    Imagine you are the vendor at a future date and you have to sell under this scenario.

Yes I agree, my ARch shouldnt be providing it, the solicitor has raised that as a concern.

He will go back to the vendors with options

1) Retention planning
    2) engage additional arch to certify exemption (and the S5 now as mentioned above)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Just to be clear the architect will provide a written opinion that it is exempt.

DLR would have to respond within 4 weeks of receiving the documentation. They may ask for more information though. Also the vendor will need to get drawings prepared for submitting.

Link to DLR PDF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

4 week turnaround on a section 5. If you're doing it, request the council to send the decision to you and the current owner (per Section 5c of the Planning act). 80 euro fee to council and minimal paperwork and drawings compared to a planning application.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thanks for the advice ill speak with the solicitor on the additional security we can look for and post once I have news

• Advertisement

folks, just an update, we have asked the vendors to apply for a section 5.

Waiting to hear back, however given their solicitor is on holidays i expect they wont do anything until he is back (current communication is being done via the EA)

Assuming the S5 is fine, we proceed. If its not then assuming they need to go and do the retention application.

Thanks for the help and advice, will post once i get updates

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

folks, just an update, we have asked the vendors to apply for a section 5.

Waiting to hear back, however given their solicitor is on holidays i expect they wont do anything until he is back (current communication is being done via the EA)

Assuming the S5 is fine, we proceed. If its not then assuming they need to go and do the retention application.

Thanks for the help and advice, will post once i get updates

Best of luck. Hope it works out.

In my opinion you made the right decision heli.

Section 5 has been completed, council have signed off on the extension as exempt, bank are happy so expect to get keys next week.

Thanks for the advice folks

Great news helimachopter.

Now comes the hard part .... What colour curtains in the living room! ;-)

• Advertisement

Drift wrote: »
    Great news helimachopter.

Now comes the hard part .... What colour curtains in the living room! ;-)

I have left all of that to the wife i would be happy with a bean bag and a TV.. simple pleasures!

got the keys yesterday..

now the 2 month renovation begins..

have the keys now 2.5 weeks made a lot of progress

- kitchen/diner wall down with RSJ in (day 2 :pac:)
    - House completely bare, wallpaper stripped, carpets,floors lifted
    One of my mates who was helping, when we lifted the lino in the kitchen we found the Evening Press newspaper from the day he was born.. Dec 27th 1981..:eek:

- All old plumbing removed, oil boiler removed (gas ordered)
    - Back window removed and now blocked for french doors
    - Garage door removed and now blocked for window

- Went with MJ for windows, 2.5 lead time which is pretty good, they will just be pinning and builder will do the rest (a lot of negative reviews on boards, but the builder uses them)

- Insulation went up on external walls yesterday

- The dreaded utility room has been stripped bare, with insulation gone up, bathroom demolished for refurb, large window here so partially blocked up for smaller window

- Floor from house down to utility/garage conversion and bathroom all at different levels, so stones laid, will be levelled next week

- Plumber laying piping etc next week

- Electrician doing a few bits next week (not a huge amount for him to do)

Builder is confident we'll be in by Nov 30th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Good job. Will be nice and settled for Christmas at this rate.

- Painting is almost done, (probably finish monday/tuesday)
    - Most of the tiling is done aswell
    - New Alarm fitted
    - New hotpress built (3 sq meters) this is what happens when you marry a farmers daughter :eek:
    - All internal doors replaced
    - MJ turned up on time with the windows/doors
    - Electrics done
    - Garage/utility room floor has been poured and levelled

Next week is
    - Kitchen install
    - bathroom stuff (shower trays * 2, bath in place already)
    - Builder put in a wastewater pipe under the new garage(to connect to main sewer) floor as he was concerned about drainage in the front garden, first heavy rain and we had a flood in the front garden so it was good foresight
    - Floors in week after next

We'll be moving in weekend of Dec 4th

Advertisement