Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Winter Kit Order A/W 2015

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

noob here. Don't have any boards kits. Are the things mentioned in the OP brands or style i.e. DeFend?
    It's one of the designs

See the OP from the last winter order for descriptions

In terms of design, think these were the final options last winter

27y7byh.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Does anyone have the winter bib toights, and how do you rate them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Would there be any possibility of getting a brighter colour other than black for the dark winter evening's?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I like the polka dot idea :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We've already had 4 designs over the last 6 years. Do posters really want yet another?

(and people complain about Soccer clubs changing their strip every other year!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Beasty wrote: »
    We've already had 4 designs over the last 6 years. Do posters really want yet another?

(and people complain about Soccer clubs changing their strip every other year!)

I feel i don't get honked at, waved at or shouted at (in a friendly manner) enough when donning the kit. And that's all I want*

The pink jersey always gets noticed though, although it's too big, and a bit torn.

I actually want the comfort, cut and occasional nod is all.

Even the pink one was mainly black - I agree though - having bright colours over winter may make people feel more likely to be noticed. Maybe we should go for a hi-viz option:pac:.

I personally like to have my bright orange or yellow Assos gear on (along with a bright orange helmet) over the winter (although perhaps that's for another thread!!).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Just so people are aware the final sign off comes from boards. People can propose their own designs but Dav will need to sign them off. Personally I like the current design but would also be interested in a brighter version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

I wasn't looking to get involved in a design change to be honest.

I will have the order spreadsheet up with instructions by end the day.
    It will be the current design - however there is some scope for people to order kit in previous designs if they really (x1000) want to..

What I'd say is that it create a bit of a logistical nightmare but if people are desperate for an older design (The Green Boards kit or the Pink Boards Kit) then John at Lucca will sort it out.

How does that all sound? I'm not going to dig out previous pics of the old kit designs though. This option is more for people who have the older stuff and they'll know what it looks like already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yep, what Godtabh says.
    Dav has ,ultimately, final call on the design.

Just for clarity, in case anyone is interested, I am a re reg of bcmf who is the talent behind the last design.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's entirely up to yourself if you don't want to do a re design hunterbiker

I personally like how the current design worked out ( well I would , wouldn't I) so am on favour of keeping it.
    Going from experience if a redesign were to happen its unlikely that it would be delivered before Xmas.
    Just basing it on experience.

koutoubia wrote: »
    Just for clarity, in case anyone is interested, .....

Nah not interested...

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hunterbiker has asked me to post this.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qMILTq3wUZjxoHZxs4MytllXKEWoi_h8lLrxKnYNU_4/edit#gid=92945437

Will try and add it to the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Does anyone have the winter tights, and how do you rate them?

I've emailed a Cycling Mod to update the OP with the link to the Order Spreadsheet.
    The spreadsheet lists all the items and has a link to the item on the Verge website - all the sizing info and technical details for the item are on this link.
    Have a look at the items. Any queries re the ordering or products please let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I've emailed a Cycling Mod to update the OP with the link to the Order Spreadsheet.
    The spreadsheet lists all the items and has a link to the item on the Verge website - all the sizing info and technical details for the item are on this link.
    Have a look at the items. Any queries re the ordering or products please let me know.

Added the spreadsheet to the OP :)

Will probably get the DeFend arm and leg warmers.

The winter hat is probably the best warmest piece of winter kit I have.
    If you insist on riding outdoors in deep winter then get this....end of!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Well sheeeeeeit, you might yet find me buying the gilet and leg/arm warmers

Well sheeeeeeit, you might yet find me buying the gilet and leg/arm warmers

Speaking of arm warmer's ...cough cough.....:P

• Advertisement

Speaking of arm warmer's ...cough cough.....:P

Some time this weekend suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

longshanks wrote: »
    Does anyone have the winter tights, and how do you rate them?

How were the ones from last year? Are they warm/what is the fit size-is it like castelli where you go one size up from normal?

Cheers

Nope. Normal sizing...I'm an XL in the bibs/tights and a 2XL in the Jerseys.

I've got the 3/4 bib knickers from last years order, I found them very good so far, not so warm that you won't be able to use them for most of the year but warm enough to do on Christmas and Stephen's day last year.

Wizard, you've probably passed me on the Canal enough times to use me as a size guide ;)

Also, yep I'm a sucker, entropa gilet and standard arm/leg warmers ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I'm interested depending on the price. (big tights, ls jersey and probably the gilet too)

The spreadsheet is on the 1st post - it has all the details including the prices on the tabs.

Can everyone see the spreadsheet / edit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭as_mo_bhosca

What's the latest date for ordering/paying?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

My laptop is busted and I'm not sure how to edit the spreadsheet from my phone so can someone stick me down for a hat please?

Daroxtar wrote: »
    My laptop is busted and I'm not sure how to edit the spreadsheet from my phone so can someone stick me down for a hat please?

A winter hat added.
    Do you need it posted?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

A winter hat added.
    Do you need it posted?

Yea, please.

• Advertisement

Lads.
    Sorry to those who have PM'd or just asked on thread for the end date.

I think if we look to close this off on the last Friday of September (26th) (i.e all money accounted for by Boards HQ by then) then we have a little leeway before getting the order off on 1st October.

Ending last Friday in September (hopefully) helps those waiting for payday.

So don't be shy get the orders on to the spreadsheet. I will contact you very soon with payment details.

Advertisement