Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony xperia z5

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

benny79 wrote: »
    lads I recently got the z5 compact on VF and everything was grand for the first week now Im having awful trouble! It wont connect to some wi-fi's all do it finds the connecting I ve entered the right password just said connected, no internet, also since friday my data rooming has gone Ie I have no internet connection at all. I have been onto vf custom service and been to 3 shops, I bought it in the carphone warehouse in ashleaf shopping centre. And was to to bring it back there and they'll exchange it! went back today and the girl in the shop said its cas I have viber on my phone that viber is a virus!! to delete it.

I told her I never heard such bull in all my life that I had it on all my phones all my mates have it and there's no problems... Anyway she has'nt got 1 in stock so I have to go to liffely valley or the square anyone experience the same problems I switched over from meteor pre-pay to bill with vf!!

Oh I deleted viber and its still the same!!

Did you receive the update for marshmallow around the time the trouble started? I've seen threads elsewhere where random weirdness cropped up for the z5 or z5 compact after the update (other symptoms include camera button not working from standby, fingerprint sensor not working). Before returning for repair you could try a hard reset. Mind what apps you reinstall, particularly anything from outside the Play store or anything that specializes in pirated material.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭benny79

It actually turned out to be a faulty phone exchange it last nite after a very long process... The new one seems to be working much better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Bought one of these today as an upgrade from a Z2 on Vodafone . Nice enough device but one thing I'm noticing missing after the Marshmallow update. No more Stamina mode, in particular Ultra stamina which sometimes was a saviour on nights out when I'd taken that one snapchat too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Doze is part of Marshmallow, so its no longer needed in its current state.
    The next firmware of Marshmallow due in May will have stamina options back again

billbond4 wrote: »
    Doze is part of Marshmallow, so its no longer needed in its current state.
    The next firmware of Marshmallow due in May will have stamina options back again

Hopefully this update in May will include marshmallow 6.01

Marshmallow is nice and everything, and fixed the super-bright lockscreen bug, but Bluetooth audio streaming in my car now suffers from regular dropouts. Google searches seem to indicate that this is a widespread marshmallow 6.0 issue (affecting even nexus devices) that is mostly solved in 6.01. Anyone else seeing it? It's driving me mad.

• Advertisement

What I do, is use the Smart Connect app.
    I have created an event that when my Parrot car kit is connected, it opens the Music app and Pauses the track.
    So that when I want to play music using the carkit everything on the phone is geared up.

What I do, is use the Smart Connect app.
    I have created an event that when my Parrot car kit is connected, it opens the Music app and Pauses the track.
    So that when I want to play music using the carkit everything on the phone is geared up.

I mean the issue whereby there are dropouts of fractions of a second every minute or so when streaming audio over Bluetooth. Did not occur with lollipop but is immediately apparent on marshmallow and is quite distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

I mean the issue whereby there are dropouts of fractions of a second every minute or so when streaming audio over Bluetooth. Did not occur with lollipop but is immediately apparent on marshmallow and is quite distracting.

I thought I was the only one. It is driving me mental. I've Sony wireless headphones

Is there any solution to this problem bearing in mind it doesn't happen all the time

numorouno wrote: »
    I thought I was the only one. It is driving me mental. I've Sony wireless headphones

Is there any solution to this problem bearing in mind it doesn't happen all the time

A temporary solution that works for me is to clear the device cache (from the homescreen hold down the Volume Up and Power buttons until the device vibrates three times. Press Power button again to boot up). Bluetooth streaming will be flawless for a few hours of playback but the random drops will reappear and become more frequent after that. Not quite as bad as it was before I first cleared the cache, but annoying nonetheless.

I've logged many hours of music playback via Bluetooth in my car to be 100% sure that it is the Marshmallow update that introduced the issue and it is not my car / hardware / environment at fault.

Got a new update today OTA, its supposed to help with the BT issues, you could try it (32.1.A.1.185)

• Advertisement

Got a new update today OTA, its supposed to help with the BT issues, you could try it (32.1.A.1.185)

Noticed any difference with Bluetooth? My device is the 3 IE variant so it might be another 2 or 3 weeks before I get the update. I should really flash a generic rom since I'm not with 3 anymore.

I had an issue with the sony smartwatch being drained of battery with previous version.
    Now the drain is back to orignal 2% hour.
    I hadnt any other BT issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

currently have a z1 since release date and have been very happy with it but looking at upgrading

thinking of Z5 or the huawei mate s?

6.0.1 installed on my Vodafone device today. Not a good start when you have your device plugged into a charger at 100% and it comes out the other side of the update at 93% and still plugged in.

6.0.1 is a nice improvement from 6.0
    BT issue solved for me, and definatley faster when navigating and opening apps

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Is there a Z6 / Z6 Compact due anytime soon folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Slattsy wrote: »
    Is there a Z6 / Z6 Compact due anytime soon folks?

Z is dead baby Z is dead!!

The Z series that is sony have stopped it after the Z5 and replaced it with the completely overpriced (for their specs vs the competition) X series Xpreformance being the top cookie there

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Z is dead baby Z is dead!!

The Z series that is sony have stopped it after the Z5 and replaced it with the completely overpriced (for their specs vs the competition) X series Xpreformance being the top cookie there

Not Z !!!

Ah balls. Fair enough. I loved my Z5C until i lost it!! Yet to see the Z serious out in shops so assume it a fair way off landing over here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

flazio wrote: »
    6.0.1 installed on my Vodafone device today. Not a good start when you have your device plugged into a charger at 100% and it comes out the other side of the update at 93% and still plugged in.

I am the same after the latest update my battery is gone crap ,for the first time today it went complete dead after 8 hours and that was with just my usual usage and its heating up too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Was looking to get a z5 premium off Amazon uk while the pound is low.

Saving a hundred or so from using the sony store here.

Want to get a sim free (unlocked) version but wondering if the phone in this link will take Irish sim cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-Premium-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B014W29GW4

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭leche solara

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Was looking to get a z5 premium off Amazon uk while the pound is low.

Saving a hundred or so from using the sony store here.

Want to get a sim free (unlocked) version but wondering if the phone in this link will take Irish sim cards.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-Xperia-Premium-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B014W29GW4

Thanks

Yes it will no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I got a Z5 from Amazon a week or so ago, SIM card works fine.

Vodafone device updated to Nougat today. :)

Dropped phone yesterday and screen cracked :mad: just 1 crack going straight across the top but the touch screen wont work so phone is useless ...

Is this worth getting fixed.. The back of it is also all cracked this happen after having the phone 2 months and something compressing it in my pocket!

Most annoying thing is when I bought the phone in carphone warehouse the sales lad told me, it is the phone used in james bond practically bullet proof, waterproof and reinforced glass so the screen will never break :rolleyes: I'm not into phones at all. Phone before z5 was samsung s3 and I loved it.. but was sold this as a top of the range phone getting it free been my first time on the bill :rolleyes: (I know you actually pay for phone regards in your bill)

So my options are get it fixed if I can cheap enough but doubt it or get a free upgrade of vodafone but means signing a new 2 year contract. I am a year and a bit into my current contract and when I was finished was hoping to go back to prepaid €30 a month, my current bill is €65 a month..

Any advise from fellow boardies?? :D

benny79 wrote: »
    Dropped phone yesterday and screen cracked :mad: just 1 crack going straight across the top but the touch screen wont work so phone is useless ...

Is this worth getting fixed.. The back of it is also all cracked this happen after having the phone 2 months and something compressing it in my pocket!

Most annoying thing is when I bought the phone in carphone warehouse the sales lad told me, it is the phone used in james bond practically bullet proof, waterproof and reinforced glass so the screen will never break :rolleyes: I'm not into phones at all. Phone before z5 was samsung s3 and I loved it.. but was sold this as a top of the range phone getting it free been my first time on the bill :rolleyes: (I know you actually pay for phone regards in your bill)

So my options are get it fixed if I can cheap enough but doubt it or get a free upgrade of vodafone but means signing a new 2 year contract. I am a year and a bit into my current contract and when I was finished was hoping to go back to prepaid €30 a month, my current bill is €65 a month..

Any advise from fellow boardies?? :D

I shattered the front of my z5 last April, I was galled and I think it was about 180 to fix it (with Sony original parts). Was worth it in the end because this is still a great phone, more so since the nougat update.

It might be a bit cheaper to get it fixed a year on, replace the screen but don't bother with the back. If I were you and I could find a repair for less than 150 I would go for it, anything more and I would maybe look at getting a replacement and possibly selling the old one for parts. How's the battery holding up? If it's starting to fade you could get that swapped out at the same time as the display. Will guarantee at least another 18 months of maximum performance, if you plan to keep it that long.

I shattered the front of my z5 last April, I was galled and I think it was about 180 to fix it (with Sony original parts). Was worth it in the end because this is still a great phone, more so since the nougat update.

It might be a bit cheaper to get it fixed a year on, replace the screen but don't bother with the back. If I were you and I could find a repair for less than 150 I would go for it, anything more and I would maybe look at getting a replacement and possibly selling the old one for parts. How's the battery holding up? If it's starting to fade you could get that swapped out at the same time as the display. Will guarantee at least another 18 months of maximum performance, if you plan to keep it that long.

Yeah I got it fixed for €120 with sony original casing front and back in a phone shop at Leonards corner.. Battery is still good would get the full day most the time unless I use it a lot then just stick stamina mode on.. So its like a brand new phone now.. But to be honest with you I was never mad on it, I'm not that big into phones and probably not using this phone to its full potential, but just find with these updates it changes the whole lay out of the phone.. yet people rave about the Z5.. I had a Samsung Galaxy before S3 and loved it.

Has anyone noticed the back shattering on these phones? when I got my phone new the back cracked in my pocket and slowly got worse but did not effect the phone so didnt bother me even though it was a pain to look at!

I dropped my phone shattering the screen so got a replacement cover as stated above but this time I bought a rubber cover (protective casing) and can honestly say I haven't dropped it once the casing is great as its non-slip.I went to clean the back of it last week and when I took it out I noticed the back was shattered again and bits of glass coming loose. I rang Sony as this is basically the second time but they want me to post the phone off with no replacement and they will give me a price! To put it mildly they weren't very helpful!

Anyone else have such problems with the back shattering?

I bought my phone in march 2015 Do you get a 1 or 2 year warranty does anyone know? Tried ringing sony support but not getting through.. So send a email. Issue I'm having is I seem to have black spot on all the pictures I take + the earphones port isnt working.

I brought it to one of them phonedoctors and he said it was on the inside of the lenses there was nothing he could do you have to replace the Phone! Seriously! It was a dear phone that I got on the bill first time ever going on the bill never again! and I only use it for calls ,texting, internet and pictures! but its mainly the camera I use now anytime I take a picture there seems to be black spots on the pic :mad

Anybody any ideas? I have rang sony support a few times but never really got anywhere as you have to send the phone of for 2 weeks and they mostly say that you will have to pay and quote a ridiculous number!

2 year on sony phones.
    So you out of warranty

• Advertisement
Advertisement