Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 5 Transfer Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

WC being activated tonight! Hopefully cash in on 2 weeks of price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

No clue what do to but don't think I'd make enough changes to justify a WC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm debating the WC to be honest. Pedro, Sanchez, City defensive cover, Arsenal defensive cover, and a long term partner for Aguero up top on the radar.

Will require significant surgery to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Same here plus 2 weeks stewing over the thing could lead to disaster.

I might try and give it another GW now and take it week by week. With real life transfers still to be factored in an actual GW to take stick could be useful with the likes if Pulisball among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Iago wrote: »
    I'm debating the WC to be honest. Pedro, Sanchez, City defensive cover, Arsenal defensive cover, and a long term partner for Aguero up top on the radar.

Will require significant surgery to do it.

Talked myself into it. WC activated, now let's see what the end of the transfer window and the international break brings us :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

3 changes already.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    3 changes already.

It's a good week to do it with international break and closing of transfer window. My defence is alright bar my keeper who I'm disappointed in. Kane is a big let down but has Sunderland next, Sakho has Newcastle next. I could save a few bob but would rather wait for more data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I don't like my team for next week.
    7 players playing away and I'm starting Ighalo against Swansea.
    I'll most likely be banking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

hazard has been awful so far.....losing patience with him big time. was watching the second half today and had to check the team on the fone to make sure he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Will probably bank it. Nothing stands out at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Are those who have Sterling planning on keeping him or is Silva a better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Dunno what to do. To early to panic and get rid of Sanchez probably.

Only thing tempting me is Diouf to Wilson. I think Diouf is still a great pick but Wilson is probably equivalent and saves 1m. I had thought he was only 0.5 cheaper but 1m is a lot.

Money to be made on Wilson, but Diouf has LEI BOU, avl gw 6-8. Wilson probably has a better next 4 games though and great stats.

Is it a sideways move?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Gomis to Wilson possibly. I just don't know how long Wilson can keep it up. Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

djPSB wrote: »
    Are those who have Sterling planning on keeping him or is Silva a better option.

I have sterling. Silva is probably a better option but sterling is starting to get some good returns. If I was on a WC I'd get silva, but I wouldn't transfer him in otherwise. Sterling is playing very well atm and I'm holding on to him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

As planned doing the Payet to Pedro transfer- had €€€ from last week
    Interesting to see the amount of hits that seem to be working out for people immediately something to keep an eye on

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I have sterling. Silva is probably a better option but sterling is starting to get some good returns. If I was on a WC I'd get silva, but I wouldn't transfer him in otherwise. Sterling is playing very well atm and I'm holding on to him

I have him since the start and am happy with his performance thus far. The City midfield is a minefield at the minute - nobody knows yet who is the best option to go with alongside Kolarov and Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,712 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Planning on banking this GW. Pedro is the only one who jumps out to me but I'll have to wait a GW or 2 on that move. I'll give Sanchez another GW and review then. Benteke would be my other main concern but I'll likely stick with him through the next 3 GW. Any injuries over the international break would force my hand obviously.

On the transfer window:
    Ideally WBA sign Marshall, de Gea stays at United and Speroni returns to fitness and starts. This would put plenty teams in a spot of bother at the GK position.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Few friends transferred Fabregas out this week in favour off Pedro

but I'm keeping faith in him

Need to transfer out Mitrovic the headcase, I thought he would prove to be a bargain - just who to spend 6.8 on, Vardy most likely option but will wait until transfer window closes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hoping to bank, keeps me away from FF thinking for a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Sanchez to Pedro
    Igalho to Wilson

Leaves 0.9 in the bank after 2 FTs
    Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

If im going to get rid of henderson i should do it now before he loses further value, as theres no point leaving it till the end of the deadline as he'll almost be available to play by then. Actually i might aswell just keep him maybe, thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Lemlin wrote: »
    I have him since the start and am happy with his performance thus far. The City midfield is a minefield at the minute - nobody knows yet who is the best option to go with alongside Kolarov and Kun.

Yeah, just like the Arsenal and to a lesser degree Chelsea midfield dilemma.
    I've got Silva and Sanchez atm.
    Balancing midfield is what I'll look at long term.
    I could even consider a 3-5-2 much more often this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I don't know whether to a swallow Kane and Hazard inevitable drops or bite the bullet and get Pedro. I just think Hazard could get a huge haul after I've sold

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Well Depay is now gone past the sell by date. Pedro in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

thinking Benteke/Diouf > Gomis/Wilson? Leaves me with about 2m in the bank that I can use to upgrade Mahrez to Payet if needed. Leaves my squad looking:
    Myhill/McCarthy
    Azpi/Kolarov/Gomez/Martin/STaylor
    Silva/Sanchez/Ayew/Mahrez(Payet)/Wanyama
    Aguero/Gomis/Wilson

Mahrez > Payet isnt definite. I could also use the money to upgrade Ayew to Pedro, but Ayew looking like good value atm and probably a rise soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Depay -> Pedro
    Darmian -> WBA defender, probably Evans.

Maybe a nice knee-jerk Hazard to Ayew after the international matches

Maybe a nice knee-jerk Hazard to Ayew after the international matches

Great minds think alike. I'm thinking it myself. Are either near a price change?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I'm gonna need to ship out Romero amnt I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I really think Ayew could be a season keeper based on what I've seen. Well you know what I mean I'm sure he'll tail off for periods.

He could have had 2 last week and looks to have assists as well as goals in his locker. Hopefully he'll get overlooked for a while to come :)

Advertisement