Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best .22LR Suppressor

Options
  • 28-08-2015 2:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Well lads,
    Going to buy a new Suppressor for my .22LR Rimfire just wondering whats the best for noise reduction thats available in Ireland.Only 2 i know of is parker hale and SAK.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Both are around the €50 - €55 mark but imo the SAK is slightly better.

Other options include the Atec CMM-4 rimfire and the LEI. The Atec is about €95 and the LEI can cost as much as €150. I've seen/heard the SAK and LEI and both, to me, are almost identical. IOW i could not tell you if one was much better than the other. Never heard the Atec so cannot comment.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭.243

Atec brought out a new mod for the rimfire section called the "wave",
    Its a little more compact and slimmer than their previous model for the rimfires,
    Griffin hawe have them in stock the last day i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭1shot16

Id say ill go for the SAK will take a look at the Atec Wave.Will pick one up when i go to Griffen Hawe when i collect my new gun...any day now haha :D Thanks again lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cass wrote: »
    Both are around the €50 - €55 mark but imo the SAK is slightly better.

Other options include the Atec CMM-4 rimfire and the LEI. The Atec is about €95 and the LEI can cost as much as €150. I've seen/heard the SAK and LEI and both, to me, are almost identical. IOW i could not tell you if one was much better than the other. Never heard the Atec so cannot comment.

Where did you see the Atec at that price? 75 in the local shop and 55 on sportsden.

madness really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Does wildcat also do a mod for the rimfire.

I've had both the parkerhale and the SAK.

Both very good but the SAK is a little shorter which is nice. And in my opinion it looks a better.
    Both done the job doe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

Does wildcat also do a mod for the rimfire.

I've had both the parkerhale and the SAK.

Both very good but the SAK is a little shorter which is nice. And in my opinion it looks a better.
    Both done the job doe.

I have a wildcat on my .22 it's a over barell type find it very good. €240 tough

garv123 wrote: »
    Where did you see the Atec at that price? 75 in the local shop and 55 on sportsden.

madness really.

It was in Outdoor sports in Mullingar. Last year some time. He had just gotten them in.

They do the Atec Wave too, but are you pricing the Wave or the CMM4 in rimfire?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Cass wrote: »
    It was in Outdoor sports in Mullingar. Last year some time. He had just gotten them in.

They do the Atec Wave too, but are you pricing the Wave or the CMM4 in rimfire?

Cmm4 is what I was looking at. Was thinking of getting one myself. Madness howuch something that price could vary so much

As i said it was not the new ATec Wave, but the CMM4 one. Is the one on Sportsden the Wave or CCM4?

Advertisement