Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland scholarship 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard anything about the payments yet?

First payment will be a double payment on 9th of October is what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 13 printerlife

Hey Yall wrote: »
    First payment will be a double payment on 9th of October is what I was told

Did they contact you with that information? I haven't heard anything from them since I registered online..

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

I haven't been contacted since then either.

Did they contact you with that information? I haven't heard anything from them since I registered online..

I contacted them

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hey man

Did anyone receive their payment yet? I didn't.

• Advertisement

hey man wrote: »
    Did anyone receive their payment yet? I didn't.

I didn't receive anything either.. I thought we'd be told what dates they're supposed to be going in so that we have an idea

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etalors

I didn't get mine yet either but I'd say it just takes time for the payments to be processed by the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 grizzlysquats

etalors wrote: »
    I didn't get mine yet either but I'd say it just takes time for the payments to be processed by the bank.

It's by electronic fund transfer though so there shouldn't be a delay AFAIK. I think the maintenance grant is paid the same way and I received mine on the day I was supposed to.

They specifically said 9th of October to me anyways.. I haven't received any payment but wouldn't be surprised if it was paid on Monday looking back on old threads where people got the payment the following day etc

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Ima_mokster

They specifically said 9th of October to me anyways.. I haven't received any payment but wouldn't be surprised if it was paid on Monday looking back on old threads where people got the payment the following day etc

First payment isn't until the 6th of November, I emailed them. The 9th of November is for people who are already in receipt of the scholarship, not new awardees

• Advertisement

First payment isn't until the 6th of November, I emailed them. The 9th of November is for people who are already in receipt of the scholarship, not new awardees

By that info, it should be a triple payment on November 6th?

By that info, it should be a triple payment on November 6th?

Precisely what she said to me :)

Precisely what she said to me

When was this might I ask? I'm expecting an email back from them tomorrow to clarify things hopefully

When was this might I ask? I'm expecting an email back from them tomorrow to clarify things hopefully

4 October, Fiona Redmond was the woman I was in contact with

4 October, Fiona Redmond was the woman I was in contact with

Yup 6th of November is correct .. Just got told the same thing now

Yup 6th of November is correct .. Just got told the same thing now

Happy days! See ya next month😊

Who else got their fancy invitations in the mail this morning?

Who else got their fancy invitations in the mail this morning?

Bit disappointed with the 'guest of honour' tbh, not gonna lie haha, no comparison to Bill Clinton

• Registered Users Posts: 6 etalors

Bit disappointed with the 'guest of honour' tbh, not gonna lie haha, no comparison to Bill Clinton
    Yeah same, I'd have liked if I didn't have to Google him to find out who he is

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bah_Humbug

How exactly does one formally RSVP?

• Advertisement

Bah_Humbug wrote:
    How exactly does one formally RSVP?

There's an email at the bottom of the invitation and there's also a number. Just email/Call them saying you would like to RSVP for yourself and whoever else is going

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Shane_LFC

Did anybody get paid yesterday?

Shane_LFC wrote:

Yes payments were made yesterday .. I received mine along with my SUSI grant

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭j.mcdrmd

etalors wrote: »
    Yeah same, I'd have liked if I didn't have to Google him to find out who he is
    Shane_LFC wrote: »
    Yes payments were made yesterday .. I received mine along with my SUSI grant

Did anyone see A.P. McCoy getting a lifetime award for his exceptional achievements on Sports Personality Of The Year last night?

It was handed to him by Rory McIlroy. J.P., your sponsor, was standing behind A.P.

I thought all three were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭meganob

When did you all apply for the scholarship? Was it after you received your Leaving Cert Results or way in advance?
    I was searching online and it says that you don't need to apply. How will they know I'm eligible?
    Am I better off emailing them and letting them know I'm eligible?
    Are there any other good financial scholarships that would cover majority of costs I could apply to as a back up?
    Sorry for all the questions, thought it'd be better to ask people who have gone through the process! Thanks for reading!

Did anyone else not receive any payment for February? I didn't get the usual email either

Did anyone else not receive any payment for February? I didn't get the usual email either

No didn't receive the payment but received SUSI grant as standard. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that colleges must confirm attendance for this year after semester 1. You are not entitled to the scholarship if the college can't confirm you're still registered and attending so if your college has asked for you to confirm attendance at any point in the last week or so I would suggest doing so or else the information will be passed back to SUSI and All Ireland Scholarships and payments might get cut until you sort it. I'm just guessing this info I emailed them and hoping for a reply tomorrow.

No didn't receive the payment but received SUSI grant as standard. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that colleges must confirm attendance for this year after semester 1. You are not entitled to the scholarship if the college can't confirm you're still registered and attending so if your college has asked for you to confirm attendance at any point in the last week or so I would suggest doing so or else the information will be passed back to SUSI and All Ireland Scholarships and payments might get cut until you sort it. I'm just guessing this info I emailed them and hoping for a reply tomorrow.

Okay that's a relief! I thought that something was wrong.. No I haven't been asked anything from the college as of yet but I did email the All Ireland Scholarships yesterday so hoping to hear something in the coming days ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Hi Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place but would anyone be able to tell me the average amount of points a student in Galway would have to get to be eligible for this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Insa333

When do we know if we get the scholarship. I live in Louth and got 480 in my top 5 subjects (inc. 25 pts for maths). How likely am I get the scholarship - my financial conditions are dire??!!

Advertisement