Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any recommendation for a sub €200 phone?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

bert911 wrote: »
    New UK based Wileyfox selling under 200 phone with good customer support & warranty , look very like oneplus one design http://wileyfox.com/

The op,s budget is €200,that phone works out at about €270.nice phone for the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

dodzy wrote:
    If you don't want the 5.5" screen, then

dodzy wrote:
    your lad. Plus you'll have 5c change. Bullet proof.

I bought the new moto 4g 5' & really hated it... I found it slow and sluggish, unresponsive & very laggy especially when typing!!
    I also hated the fact that you can't multitask so apps had to be reopened & started from scratch each time..
    Every time I was on a call I would do something in the call with my ear or cheek and that did my head in...
    Also It was quite heavy & thick with a short battery life!
    There was more I didn't like about it but can't remember now!

I bought it for 199 & sold it for 150... Bought myself the ultra 6 which I genuinely love... It's a FAB fone for the price and the only issue I have is the one of changing settings etc during a call...

HOWEVER The size is starting to get to me a bit and I find that I leave it in the car etc if I'm going out as it's just too big if you don't have pockets or a big bag with you... Which kinda defeats the purpose... I don't really know what I'm going to do now, probably sell it & look for something a bit smaller & hopefully as good... :(

I would probably go for the smart prime but I heard it can't be unlocked from Vodafone...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭bert911

The op,s budget is €200,that phone works out at about €270.nice phone for the price though.

The 5" model is under 200E , its like a moto g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭droidman123

bert911 wrote: »
    The 5" model is under 200E , its like a moto g

Oh sorry didn't see the swift,yeah nice phone for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

What did you go for in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Haven't bought anything yet, but we had a look in the Vodafone shop today - the Smart Ultra is lovely but she thinks its too big. There is the smaller version for about half the price, but I'm worries it would be a bit slow etc - camera is not as good. Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,210 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Zascar wrote: »
    Haven't bought anything yet, but we had a look in the Vodafone shop today - the Smart Ultra is lovely but she thinks its too big. There is the smaller version for about half the price, but I'm worries it would be a bit slow etc - camera is not as good. Can anyone advise?

That (Smart Prime 6) is good for the money but not a premium phone. The other problem is that it is very difficult to unlock from Vodafone

Advertisement