Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dele Alli

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CarolynSmith

Don't know about THFC, but what has become clear in the last few months is that Dele Alli is a quality player. And so many more years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

How bloody good is this chap lads? What a signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

irishmover wrote: »
    How bloody good is this chap lads? What a signing.

We need to offer him a new improved contract at the end of this season. Big sharks will definitely try to unsettle him like Sterling.

On the side note, Mason and Nabil will be very lucky to make it in the starting X1.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

What a footballer..

We've got Ali...

http://youtu.be/ox4HZx2QAuQ

Awful dive towards the end. Not sure why he needed to do it.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen very often. I don't think I've seen him dive before this.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Here's hoping that doesn't happen very often. I don't think I've seen him dive before this.

He's young, he'll do stuff like that and learn from it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He's young, he'll do stuff like that and learn from it...

Exactly, that can easily be worked on. At least he's not biting people :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I can't think of many footballers who don't dive. Certainly not attacking players. Messi rarely does it, but even he's not averse to going down easily.

I hate it, but unfortunately it's gotten to the stage where it's unprofessional to not do it.

Ironically, the best divers don't get a bad reputation for it because they always wait for the minimal contact and then go down as if they've been shot. Young players like Alli sometimes get the timing wrong and go down before the contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Alli kicked Fosu-Mensah in the heel off the ball after Mensah hit him hard, I think Alli needs to do a good pit of growing up. He could have seen red if the ref or linesman saw the kick off the ball. Hopefully reaching his 20s will see him mature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

The PFA Young player of the year winner has been leaked, no surprise here...
    PFA Young Player of the Year:
    2011/12 - Kyle Walker.
    2012/13 - Gareth Bale.
    2014/15 - Harry Kane.
    2015/16 - Dele Alli.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

muhammad-ali.jpg

Three match ban?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, i'd expect the ban. Jacob was riling him up all game, but once again he let his temper go.

This time though, he won't get away with it.

As my dad put it..

Needs a kick up the arse and a slice of cop the **** on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Aggression isn't a nice trait in most walks of life but controlled aggression in a footballer is essential. The emphasis is on control though, what Alli has been doing recently is only making a rod for his own back. The refs will be looking out for him and opponents will be licking their lips knowing he will react to the slightest provocation.

Could you imagine him playing a Diego Simeone coached team? They would skip set piece training and just concentrate on how quickly they could get Alli off the field.

He is young and hopefully will learn his lesson from the inevitable suspension. I just hope it doesn't derail the team any more than last Monday's disaster.

Advertisement