Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dele Alli

Options
  • 25-08-2015 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

So as much as I think every time we make a thread for one of our players it ends up in them being poor footballers, Somehow I feel confident in starting a thread for this guy.

Looks clumsy at times when tackling but really think this guy could go on to be a regular England starter and a future star for us.

Maybe a future engine? He reminds me of a Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard combination. Very exciting prospect.

Anyone think that it might actually be this guy as the reason we are not appearing to be signing many more central midfielder and have flogged some at the same time? Possibly with Pritchard on the fringes too.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/24/tottenham-hotspur-boss-mauricio-pochettino-explains-he-personall/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Based on Saturday, he has to start against Everton. Came on, had a bit of drive and direction about him, looked to make things happen. A bit clumsy alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

I've only seen the odd glimpses. If he looks clumsy that would be down to getting used to the pace. I don't see him starting just yet, 20 minute cameo's.

Europe is a great platform for the fledglings.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

He has potential, but not signing anyone because we hope he's good enough, and ready, for the big games is stupidly risky.

Needs more game time, but to be fair i'd be playing him over Lamella at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kiith wrote: »
    He has potential, but not signing anyone because we hope he's good enough, and ready, for the big games is stupidly risky.

Needs more game time, but to be fair i'd be playing him over Lamella at this stage.

Well Poch has been tracking him for the last year, sounds like he knows more than anyone where he's at.

We threw Bentaleb into it last season at 19 and he became a regular. Everton start might be too soon but I expect him to be starting games before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

We need to switch to 4-3-3 and should play him (or Eriksen/Lamela/Pritchard) as an attacking midfielder. We need pace on the flanks as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I wouldn't call Alli clumsy based on one match. He did well, he's nervous as it's a big step up. He'll settle down and hopefully be our Steven Gerrard for years.

I wouldn't call Alli clumsy based on one match. He did well, he's nervous as it's a big step up. He'll settle down and hopefully be our Steven Gerrard for years.

He was clumsy against United too. Made one yellow card worthy challenge (can't remember if he got one).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Raw ... But massive potential

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Really like this lad and have high hopes for him. Found myself watching MK Dons a lot last season after we signed him and the way he moves the ball around is magnificent. In time he'll settle and adapt to the pace of the premier league, I have absolutely no doubt about that.I'd honestly rather him in there instead of Mason or Bentaleb.

What is his favoured position? I'd happily play him ahead of either Bentaleb or Mason, as i'm sick to death of us playing two DM's every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

With Eriksen out for the game against Everton this could pave the way for Alli to start. He looks good but needs game time in order to build confidence and get used to the PL pace and strength.

Off-topic question guys, what happened to THFC? He/She used to post very sensible opinions about the club and its activities.

I'm just going to call him Mr. Nutmeg ;) .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

09_09_09 wrote:
    Off-topic question guys, what happened to THFC? He/She used to post very sensible opinions about the club and its activities.

He (I think) is a very regular poster in the fantasy football forum

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Sugarlumps wrote: »

Just shows how easy it is to get in the England squad these days. Any player in the Premiership is only a few good games away from a cap.

They've already qualified, so it's a perfect time to give the younger lads a chance of a run out in an international competition.

• Advertisement

Absolute no brainer to give some young lads games. Just wish it wasn't Alli as I think we'll seriously need towards the end of the season.

The more games he plays the higher the chance of burnout or injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Didn't know Alli was Nigerian born,thought he was English born.

tippspur wrote:
    Didn't know Alli was Nigerian born,thought he was English born.

Amokachi's second cousin apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

alli got voted motm tonight v france to join his last motm trophy v arsenalz

davycc wrote:
    alli got voted motm tonight v france to join his last motm trophy v arsenalz

And v Swansea the Monday prior to arsenal match. 3 in a row

(although he was actually poor in the EL match inbetween Swansea - arsenal )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

allis goal and general match highlights here

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

This time 2 years ago, Townsend announced himself on the international stage........#justsayin

Be cautious.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Robbed Pogba to set up Rooneys goal too.....

This time 2 years ago, Townsend announced himself on the international stage........#justsayin

Be cautious.

Most of us knew Townsend was average at that point. I'd struggle to find anyone who thinks this guy is average.

In fact, how dare you slander Alli like this!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Advertisement