Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl - recommendations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,215 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I got some Skyr in it today. This is Icelandic yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Debub

Hi - haven't seen these sausages for a long time in Lidl. These were very good, different kind of flavours. Anyone know what happened?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

They replaced the licorice in the last few weeks. Would not recommend. The new product is very inferior. It's almost like it's been sitting in a warehouse somewhere for months. Each piece is flakey and cracked like it's shrunk from it's original size or something. I was very disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Debub wrote: »
    Hi - haven't seen these sausages for a long time in Lidl. These were very good, different kind of flavours. Anyone know what happened?
    thanks

Did my eyes deceive me or did that just say chocolate chip and honey comb:confused:

In a sausage?

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Debub wrote: »
    thanks

They were just a weekly special buy during the Irish week.
    I think they do it twice a year.
    From what I remember they were in early in the year and the second time is September!

• Advertisement

They were just a weekly special buy during the Irish week.
    I think they do it twice a year.
    From what I remember they were in early in the year and the second time is September!

I think when they came in initially - they were part of a Support Startup scheme that Lidl was doing... have not seen them anywhere else after that, so hopefully they will come in sometime

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

BarryJohns brand are well known though, don't think they need much support!
    They have a shop in Cavan town if you're ever around that area.

Did my eyes deceive me or did that just say chocolate chip and honey comb:confused:

In a sausage?

I'm sorry, but that's just wrong.

Yea- Choc Chip n Hnycomb :-) there were some others as well - all really good, I didn't have this myself, but the kids seemed to have loved it, and I did hear some others say positive things - It did seem wrong when I saw it at first and I surprised myself by actually buying it (this was the last flavour that I got, we tried all of them - Cheddar Cheese and Chilli / Caramelised Red Onions)

BarryJohns brand are well known though, don't think they need much support!
    They have a shop in Cavan town if you're ever around that area.

that's just 400kms from me - maybe if the craving gets too much :-)

I did like them, great sausages

• Registered Users Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭Worztron

Linda McCartney's Vegetarian Sausages (Red Onion & Rosemary) - delicious. Also vegan.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

Aldi had them as well.

Aldi had them as well.

Hi Reputable Rog. Are you replying to me?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi Reputable Rog. Are you replying to me?

If you were asking about Barry John sausages then yes I was.

If you were asking about Barry John sausages then yes I was.

No, that wasn't me.

Aldi had them as well.

thanks - maybe they will show up again in either Aldi or Lidl - will keep an eye on both threads

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Anyone buy bouncy castle a few week back. Struggling to pump it up. It's divided into sections and bottom seems to need a different adapter! Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone buy bouncy castle a few week back. Struggling to pump it up. It's divided into sections and bottom seems to need a different adapter! Help!

How does it taste ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    How does it taste ?

Not as I'd expected.

Rather deflated...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

*Ah lads, I think we can cope with the odd non-food post just as we do in the Aldi thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not a recommendation but just wondering if anyone has tried the Frozen Cod Loins, 3 for €3.99? Weird thing is they are produced in CHINA !!! WTF

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭rireland

I see Lidl don't have the milk choc with almonds bars anymore. Should have known they were being discontinued when they were selling them off for half price a couple months back.

I don't like any other choc of theirs tbh.

Wonder why they stopped

fin12 wrote: »
    Anyone try the peanut and caramel Ice cream bars? They are two euros, just wondering would they be as nice as snickers ice cream bars?

Have to reply to this as I saw someone say they were the same as snickers.

I haven't tried the peanut but the caramel one is not directly the same as mars one. The caramel tastes cheaper and the chocolate isn't coated as thick. Still nice but the branded ones are nicer.

The pop chips I recommend, except for the new salt n vinegar ones that taste like cardboard. 440 calories for the full bag (100g).

Only complaint is consistency. Some bags can be really flavorsome and then others are just plain and tbh inedible.

We have never bought wine in Lidl before, but were recommended a few by someone we know - bought 2 of then the other day, they were good (not outstanding mind, but pretty good for the money)

Vacqueyras
    Allini Prosecco Spumante

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

rireland wrote: »
    Have to reply to this as I saw someone say they were the same as snickers.

I haven't tried the peanut but the caramel one is not directly the same as mars one. The caramel tastes cheaper and the chocolate isn't coated as thick. Still nice but the branded ones are nicer.

Ya thanks, I got the peanut one after, they are nice but snickers would be nicer.

Fantastic Atlentejo chorizo and less that €2,a pack and Espumante on offer for €2.29.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Fantastic Atlentejo chorizo and less that €2,a pack and Espumante on offer for €2.29.

Hopefully not the usual lidl chorizo?
    I didn't like that so much.

What's the second one you mentioned?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭OwlsZat

The French malbec is good. 7.50 a bottle the kinda stuff you usually pay €10 for. Even if it is €3 in the Lidl in France...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

OwlsZat wrote: »
    The French malbec is good. 7.50 a bottle the kinda stuff you usually pay €10 for. Even if it is €3 in the Lidl in France...

Ah stop! Some of the best wines I've had for under a tenner in France and Portugal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

OwlsZat wrote: »

It would sicken you alright. Paid €3 for this Batturico Tarragona Reserve in France. It's €8 if I remember correctly here. It's really good value even at 8 in Ireland. Probably would be better value for us stocking up in Lidl than driving around the vineyards. Would miss the tastings though! :D

Image-51-e1453476379233.jpg

Advertisement