Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you shower, and do you have an evening or morning shower?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

B0jangles wrote: »
    I have a shower & change of clothes every time I go to the loo. It's a bit awkward to carry all the spare clothing around all day, but you really can't be too careful.
    QUOTE]

Must be awkward when you out for the night having a feed of pints biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

I used to shower in the mornings but I was rushing then to dry my hair, put on makeup etc.

Now I shower in the evenings and have a bit of a longer sleep in.

Well that’s a different matter. And why I’m getting a haircut later

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Indeed showering 3-4 times a day what in the name of Jaysus are they doing to get so dirty?

If I cycle to work I shower there and when I get home. I'll then shower after my gym later that evening and then I'll have a shower before bed. TBF I'm not talking 15 min jobbies here. In and out quickly.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In an underwear factory.

It's an underwater underwear factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Huexotzingo

I wash myself with a rag on a stick™

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

You obviously have feck all else to do, how do you manage at work?

Pool lifeguard.

I keep my clean speedos under my swimming cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I wash more regularly now and quite enjoy it. I shower in the evening more than mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,045 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Autochange wrote: »
    Since water restrictions came in I shower on the hour every hour. Apart from sleep of course when I just leave the shower running. I like cold showers. Sometimes I like to pretend im on an island under a waterfall.

Cold showers are great. They energise the bejasus outta ya.

• Site Banned Posts: 386 ✭✭Jimmy.

Had to do with a Dove Extra fresh shower from a can earlier as hadn’t time to make a funeral if I went for a shower.
    To all those worried folks I since showered.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Shared a flat with a lad who never showered.
    The sheet on his bed was like the Turin shroud.
    He said that only dirty people wash.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

I shower every day the vast majority of time (mostly at night) - sometimes a second time, but showering before bed and again in the morning just seems OCD.

And I very very occasionally skip a shower (during cold weather and when I haven't done exercise and am not going anywhere - e.g. during the snow I skipped a shower).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Either once or twice a day, always in the morning and occasionally an evening one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Star Bingo wrote: »
    My question is why do you do it? Would it not be better to shower in the morning instead
    I used to shower in the morning because I liked the way it woke me up and made me feel fresh. Was talking to a friend and she said she changed her shower to night time because when you think about it, it's a lot cleaner and better for you. You're walking around all day and get sweaty/dirty and then you are getting into bed like that, so you're basically sleeping in your own filth.

Not showering after a days work is disgusting, yer beds must be rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Jimmy. wrote: »
    Not showering after a days work is disgusting, yer beds must be rank.

Not showering after a nights sleep is disgusting, yer workmates must be crank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Not showering after a nights sleep is disgusting, yer workmates must be crank.
    What the hell are your doing in your sleep? :eek:

Are your bed bugs working overtime? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭kevinandrew

Usually twice a day, a shower in the morning and a quick bath before bed. With the heat in London this summer I was showering at least three times a day, just couldn't cool down!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    What the hell are your doing in your sleep? :eek:

Are your bed bugs working overtime? :P

Ya know, the usual, sweating 200ml of fluids, meeting or exceeding the human average of 12 farts per sleep, itching , shedding skin and hair, the odd bit of wax and snot and any other occasional voluntary and involuntary nocturnal emissions.

Well that's my tinder profile written...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I used to shower in the morning because I liked the way it woke me up and made me feel fresh. Was talking to a friend and she said she changed her shower to night time because when you think about it, it's a lot cleaner and better for you. You're walking around all day and get sweaty/dirty and then you are getting into bed like that, so you're basically sleeping in your own filth.
    That's my reasoning as well. Shower before bed every night; unless I have an event in the evening e.g. going for pints/ dinner etc, then I go earlier.
    Bed sheets nice and clean for the week and extra few minutes in bed in the morning. 4-5 minutes long.
    I'm a sweaty creature, so have to go daily and might go for a 2nd one during hot days. I wouldn't judge someone not going daily until their smell bothers me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Couldn't function for the day without a shower every morning and would feel grubby. Same again at night if going anywhere.

We are constantly shedding skin cells, emitting fluids, solids, sweat, phlegm, snot, ear wax , blood and more, daily should be the bare minimum

God, this kind of paranoia really grinds my gears.

Really. Does the average person smell like a rotting tomato after a normal days activity?

No they don't!

FFS, 'tis not long ago a bath a week was the norm for most people.

Growing up in the '70s & '80s , that would have been my norm when I was living in the 'home place'.

These days, I'd shower 2/3 times a week in the Winter & more frequent in the Summer, depending on what I'm doing.

No need for anything more unless you're working in a nuclear waste facility.

'Couldn't function without a shower every day'. Jeezus:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Aah. Just in time for 'a golden shower'.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Evening.

I enjoy my sleep, and I'll sleep as late as I possibly can from Monday - Friday, thank you very much. So I opt for the shower in the evening. Its relaxing too, getting out of the work clothes, showering & into some pyjama style clothes (cotton trousers and a baggy t-shirt).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,220 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Daily.
    Depends on what shift I'm on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cold showers are great. They energise the bejasus outta ya.

They are so under-rated. I particularly love them after exercise when my body temp is high, it's a shock to the system.

These days, I'd shower 2/3 times a week in the Winter ..............

That might be ok ish if you only exercise immediately prior to those 2/3 showers a week, don't have an anyway strenuous job and change socks etc daily.

I'd ask the question though, why wouldn't you shower every day? 10/15 mins and you feel nice and fresh afterwards. You'd spend nearly as much time washing the face, arm pits etc etc at the sink with less actual benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The 3 times a day stuff is a bit strange imo. How could that be beneficial for hair and skin?

Also will somebody think of the environment, I thought we're all supposed to be green now. :confused:

What did people do before showers became common fixtures in homes? Relatively speaking that's not too long ago in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Shared a flat with a lad who never showered.
    The sheet on his bed was like the Turin shroud.
    He said that only dirty people wash.

What were you doing in his bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Augeo wrote: »
    That might be ok ish if you only exercise immediately prior to those 2/3 showers a week, don't have an anyway strenuous job and change socks etc daily.

I'd ask the question though, why wouldn't you shower every day? 10/15 mins and you feel nice and fresh afterwards. You'd spend nearly as much time washing the face, arm pits etc etc at the sink with less actual benefit.

10-15 minutes for a shower? What are you doing on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I have a longish shower in the evening and a 1/2 minute one in the morning - I didn't always shower in the morning but got into the habit over the hot summer.

• Advertisement

10-15 minutes for a shower? What are you doing on there?

Riding

Advertisement