Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

luxuries you'd love to have

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

A 10 minute walk to work so I could avoid the horrendously over crowded tube every morning. Also a cook on hand who can make healthy food taste delicious!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Yacht in a marina somewhere in the south of France. Bigger enough to live on.
    If you ever want to see someone living the dream, Google Eddie Irvine and Yacht.
    Heavens above some people have the life. Think I might start doing the lottery again.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Gerinspain

A pool heater so I can swim all year long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

The funds to be able to fly first class every time I travel. Or better still, a private jet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    The funds to be able to fly first class every time I travel. Or better still, a private jet.

That'd be cool to try first class sometime
    I'm sure I would make a show of myself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,116 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

bluewolf wrote: »
    That'd be cool to try first class sometime
    I'm sure I would make a show of myself :D

I'd say it makes flying long haul a totally bearable experience. Those private cabins some airlines have on the new Airbus planes look amazing too. You can make a show of yourself in the privacy of your own room! It would be hard to justify the cost of it though, unless you're super rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I'd love to just every so once in a while have a day to myself. It would be so nice to have no one to think of but me, from the moment I woke till bedtime. Nobody wanting me to do something for them, nobody needing a lift somewhere. I'd be quite happy to spend the day reading a good book and drinking tea. Someone to hand me food would be nice too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

A really nice shower.
    Air conditioning
    Decent car.
    Take away every friday. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,312 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

A swimming pool and Penelope Cruz as my lifeguard

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

73Cat wrote: »
    I'd love to just every so once in a while have a day to myself. It would be so nice to have no one to think of but me, from the moment I woke till bedtime. Nobody wanting me to do something for them, nobody needing a lift somewhere. I'd be quite happy to spend the day reading a good book and drinking tea. Someone to hand me food would be nice too :)

And that's exactly why I will be moving down to Stoneyisland in the coming years. Dublin can do the robot-rush as much as it likes, I'm outa here. Peace and quiet on the lake chilling the day away on my small boat or canoe, fcuking rat-race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

A bigger apartment than 9x11ft!!!
    Air con.
    A dishwasher.
    To live in the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

A big mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A dishwasher and a garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

A helicopter. I am determined to someday own a helicopter. I don't care if I never fly first class, never have IRFU Patrons' Club (season) tickets, or never drive a sports car.

I.want.a.helicopter.

They're expensive, but not outrageously expensive, so this is achievable if you work very hard and forego luxuries such as children, food, mortgages, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

2 ply toilet roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Dr. Zaius Dr. Zaius!

You know that feeling when you put on a brand new pair of socks?

That. A new pair of socks to wear everyday.

If I ever won the lotto, id never wear the same pair of socks twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,405 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Any of the things my parents generation took for granted and are now beyond the reach of the average person, such as a reasonable sized house in a decent area and a pensionable job with reasonable prospects, the ability to put aside and save money maybe have a holiday now and then, basically not be up the walls with stress and anxiety all the time.

Glazers Out!

Casey78 wrote: »
    A big mickey.

You Called.

How can I help you ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

A watch that cost more that my house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

A top of the line Mac Pro.
    A cinema room.
    A heated indoor pool.
    A holiday home somewhere warm.
    A chauffeur car on standby.
    The means to travel first class every time.

I have very simple tastes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

padd b1975 wrote: »
    A Jacuzzi that I could take a crap in.

Do you mean a jacuzzi you could flush? Cos you could **** in any jacuzzi if you're that way inclined.......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

An attractive topless lady that would serve me my meals.

I don't ask for much.:pac:

So far most folk are being very greedy and want too much, this is why you cannot have them all. A simple request for 1 thing only and I might just give you your wish. Greediness will get you nothing but a lost wish.

Some person told me a while ago that they wanted the moon, the stars in the sky. I bought this person a telescope. It didn't work out for him either.

So far most folk are being very greedy and want too much, this is why you cannot have them all.

There's no such thing as being very greedy, only not working hard enough or lacking sufficient opportunities.

DivingDuck wrote: »
    There's no such thing as being very greedy, only not working hard enough or lacking sufficient opportunities.

You can only work to a certain limit before you burn out on a low wage as well. It takes more than physical work to suck the money into the trunk. Invent something and patent it is the only way to suck the paper in.

The person that invented the hoover done exactly that.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

A talking dog

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd love a stylist/shopper. I reckon I could look pretty good if I scrubbed up but I hate shopping and I find it hard to put an outfit together without looking like a bag lady.

You can only work to a certain limit before you burn out on a low wage as well. It takes more than physical work to suck the money into the trunk. Invent something and patent it is the only way to suck the paper in.

Which is why I included the part about lacking opportunity. Some people have a Trojan work ethic, but lack the education, raw intelligence, or connections to get ahead, or they simply have "bad luck" in the sense of either making a series of poor decisions (choosing the wrong option from A and B though minimal fault of their own) or getting shafted by those with power over them (teachers, bosses, interviewers, etc.).

There are a lot of circumstances which can lead to a person not being able to reach the financial level they'd like.

A talking dog

What, one like this ?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,557 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Adipowers.

Just 'cause

Advertisement