Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

'12 Fluence ZE €7,990 - bargain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

ecocar wrote: »

As a trader .

On carzone, unless it's a different company, you are listed as private sale for all your cars.

If this is your company, is it not against the law to advertise your cars as private sale.

Happy to be corrected about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dexter1979

unkel wrote: »
    Thanks for coming back on here to explain, ecocar

Could you please share a bit of your knowledge about the Renault battery rental though? How come your cars and some others are not bound by a battery rental contract? Can anyone buy out the rental contract on the ZE they own from Renault? What money are we talking?

It's obvious from this thread that the Renault ZE cars are dead in the water, particularly the Fluence with extremely limited range and no fast charging. And no one in their right mind in this country is going to spend more per month on a battery rental than they would save on fuel compared to an ICE car

I would still be interested in owning a Fluence ZE, but only if it were extremely cheap to buy and without any monthly battery rental

Renault Ireland wants to clear its stock of the Fluence ZE. They are no longer made in the EU. Only in South Korea where it has the same charger as the Zoe.

Renault ZE cars are not dead in the water, even with the battery lease. In the EU its the best selling EV. In Ireland it's different. That is a cultural thing. I see no problem with the lease as it makes the car more affordable. If you get one on PCP they can do a price with rental included. It's still way cheaper than an ICE and a lot nicer to drive.

Love my Zoe!

The battery Rental offers no advantages really, maybe if you do small mileage. The option should be there to buy the battery with the car but Renault are not interested in selling the zoe so I can't see that happening soon and it is rather expensive probably about as expensive as a diesel clio automatic diesel but it would still have more equipment.

There's nothing wrong with the leaf selling better in Ireland I think it's a nice car inside. Is not a bad place to sit. I'm not really a Renault fan anyway but Zoe is a good EV is just a pity Renault choose only 90 hp, how typically Renault.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,228 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You do realise that Nissan and Renault is the same company?

The only difference is that the designers of the Renault models seem to come from Europe and the designers of the likes of the Leaf must have come from Japan :pac:

unkel wrote: »
    You do realise that Nissan and Renault is the same company?

The only difference is that the designers of the Renault models seem to come from Europe and the designers of the likes of the Leaf must have come from Japan :pac:

lol I never suggested otherwise, I'm well aware of the Renault Nissan Alliance however it's the brands themselves I was comparing. ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement