Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle aged men in grubby blue jeans and tracksuits

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    The uniform of apathy & the downtrodden stoic man.

Still sounds preferable to the uniform of bum fluff, no riding and living with one's Ma.

Wear what you want and don't let anyone's opinion bother you.

With all due respect, that's a load of b*llocks. There are certain minimum societal expectations which are healthy, such as not walking down Grafton Street with no shirt on. Similarly it's just not great when people go out in public wearing tracksuits and sh*tty clothes.

I always admire the continental Europeans when they come over, they are always better dressed and make the most of themselves.

Im a middle aged man and like to wear my shirt tucked into my underpants with the elastic pulled up to my nipples.

A gimp mask and ball gag would complete the look nicely......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

With all due respect, that's a load of b*llocks. There are certain minimum societal expectations which are healthy, such as not walking down Grafton Street with no shirt on. Similarly it's just not great when people go out in public wearing tracksuits and sh*tty clothes.

I always admire the continental Europeans when they come over, they are always better dressed and make the most of themselves.
    With respect Wojtek, fúck societal expectations, live your life as you see fit as long as you do no harm to others or yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Im a middle aged man and like to wear my shirt tucked into my underpants with the elastic pulled up to my nipples.

I know a lad who wears polo-neck trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭Wright

I would have thought it far more about self respect, and enjoying living rather than permanently wearing the same out of shape grubby blue jeans and flabby sweatops through middle age and older.

Mind your own beeswax OP. You keep an eye on what you're doing. Which currently, is looking down on others.

That's not a great look either.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,508 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Aw get out of it.
    All those check shirts would blind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

We have clothes backwards. The most comfortable clothes such as track suits and running shoes should be the clothing we wear in the office all day not trousers, shirts and shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Just like the continental Europeans who wore those "oh so snazzy" Hugo Boss designed uniforms , those lads in the SS and Wehrmacht knew how to party .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Tourists are on holidays . Probably brought their Sunday best.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

Mesrine65 wrote: »
    With respect Wojtek, fúck societal expectations, live your life as you see fit as long as you do no harm to others or yourself.

It's possible to live your life as you see fit without looking like an overgrown manchild.

Old Jakey wrote: »
    It's possible to live your life as you see fit without looking like an overgrown manchild.
    According to my OH, we are all overgrown man-children, who am I to argue? :pac: :P

It's the 'societal expectations' bit that irks me.

Somebody says jeans aren't acceptable on older men.
    The unimaginative accept this as gospel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

When did the middle aged Irish male become so scruffy and useless looking ?
    Clinging onto their grubby out of shape blue jeans and t-shirts, that wouldn't look good on a 18 year old male model, never mind a grown man.
    They look even more stupid than Jeremy Clarkson does, and that's the thinner ones.

I've news for you OP, middle age men don't give a fúck what you think about the type of jeans they wear

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Who says wearing tracksuit outside sports activities or doing housework is acceptable for anybody? Why to complain only about middle aged men?

meeeeh wrote: »
    Who says wearing tracksuit outside sports activities or doing housework is acceptable for anybody? Why to complain only about middle aged men?

I say it's acceptable,therefore it's acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Im fcuked if Im going to start wearing slacks and sleeveless jumpers just because Im over 40.
    Whats wrong with wearing jeans and polo shirts?
    Fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Back in the 50s everyone wore suits and hats. Imagine walking around town and everyone was wearing a suit, the ladies were wearing quite classy dresses. We were a dapper bunch back then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

The same can be said about middle aged women too OP. But hey it's Ireland so no-one gives a fcuk anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Mikefitzs

Anyone who really gives a fcuk has nothing better to do with their time!

Just a passenger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

I think middle aged men are old enough to make up their own minds about what to wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Well here I am 43 years of age sitting reading Boards in my jeans and tee shirt and now my day is ruined. I suppose I better go and comfort eat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

Cienciano wrote: »
    I've news for you OP, middle age men don't give a fúck what you think about the type of jeans they wear

Clearly you do though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

If you want to be concerned with what you are wearing then fine but for people to complain what others are wearing is ridiculous. Oculus is a new company that specializes in Virtual Reality (VR) technology, its founder is Palmer Luckey, is 22 years old, when he is in work he doesn't wear shoes (not even at board meetings) he has a completely laid back attitude and routinely is seen wearing cheap jeans and t-shirts. Yet he has completely reinvigorated the VR industry, his net worth is at least $500 million and he sold the company to Facebook for $2 billion.

Put simply what a person wears is irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Monkeysgomad

I really hate seeing people in tracksuits or other sports wear outside of sports! You don't wear them outside of it what can't they understand about that ? :( I was at a communion this year and one of the boys there not getting communion just a guest I'm guessing had a full green Adidas tracksuit bottom and top...at a communion ? I would no more leave a child of mine out in one. Just as well I didn't know who he was or I would have said it to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Redbishop

Well here I am 43 years of age sitting reading Boards in my jeans and tee shirt and now my day is ruined. I suppose I better go and comfort eat.
    I m in my cycling shorts after a quick cycle and herself has just told me put on my jeans as the lump on me arse from he pad looks ridiculous. So a quick shower now and on with me denim shorts. I m 55.

Just as well I didn't know who he was or I would have said it to them
    Who died & made you head of the fashionista's?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Clearly you do though ;)

Clearly :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Severard wrote: »
    If you want to be concerned with what you are wearing then fine but for people to complain what others are wearing is ridiculous. Oculus is a new company that specializes in Virtual Reality (VR) technology, its founder is Palmer Luckey, is 22 years old, when he is in work he doesn't wear shoes (not even at board meetings) he has a completely laid back attitude and routinely is seen wearing cheap jeans and t-shirts. Yet he has completely reinvigorated the VR industry, his net worth is at least $500 million and he sold the company to Facebook for $2 billion.

Put simply what a person wears is irrelevant.

Yes and if he was in banking, he would be told to go home and scrub up. Most people are not talented or lucky enough to ignore the dress code.

Advertisement