Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Middle aged men in grubby blue jeans and tracksuits

Options
  • 22-08-2015 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

When did the middle aged Irish male become so scruffy and useless looking ?
    Clinging onto their grubby out of shape blue jeans and t-shirts, that wouldn't look good on a 18 year old male model, never mind a grown man.
    They look even more stupid than Jeremy Clarkson does, and that's the thinner ones.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Mid-life crisis OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

the arse fell out of the top hat and cane market about 20-30 years ago and it still hasn't recovered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,401 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Clinging onto their grubby out of shape blue jeans and t-shirts, that wouldn't look good on a 18 year old male model, never mind a grown man.
    They look even more stupid than Jeremy Clarkson does, and that's the thinner ones.
    Middle aged men have bigger things to worry about than how what they wear looks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

When it became the norm for 'leisure wear' to be the staple clothing of the Irish public. It's not just middleaged men, school kids are the same, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference between teen girls and boys in their unisex tracksuits. I can't really decide which is worse 'leisure wear' in a non sports related environment or polo shirts on middleaged men. It's like a lot of men reach a point where they stop caring about their appearance and a stripy polo shirt and jeans are what they think is dressing up for a night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭umop apisdn

strelok wrote: »
    the arse fell out of the top hat and cane market about 20-30 years ago and it still hasn't recovered

You're safe enough, they're making a comeback in Limerick along with tucking your tracksuit bottoms into your socks

kippy wrote: »
    Middle aged men have bigger things to worry about than how what they wear looks.

Their bellies perhaps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What should they wear?

keith16 wrote: »
    Mid-life crisis OP?

Maybe they are, or maybe they're stuck trying to recapture their youth or the 70's/80's/90's or such like, who knows

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I have a great philosophy in life, fcuk what other people think of you.

If someone else is wearing something you don't like, so what, its not as they're forcing you to wear the same at gunpoint

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Don't worry, you'll find a middle aged man that's right for you.

Patww79 wrote: »

I would have thought it far more about self respect, and enjoying living rather than permanently wearing the same out of shape grubby blue jeans and flabby sweatops through middle age and older.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 436 ✭✭Old Jakey

Or when they wear runners or cons. What are they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

your username is an anagram of a sound pimp

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wear what you want and don't let anyone's opinion bother you.

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Don't worry, you'll find a middle aged man that's right for you.

Still sore about yes vote homophobe ?

Old Jakey wrote: »
    Or when they wear runners or cons. What are they thinking?

Tis a bit strange looking all right. Maybe their mammies still dress them and buy their clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Still sore about yes vote homophobe ?

Get back under your bridge, I voted yes.

• Advertisement

I would have thought it far more about self respect, and enjoying living rather than permanently wearing the same out of shape grubby blue jeans and flabby sweatops through middle age and older.

I am kind of curious which kind of jeans and sweatshirts you mean, can you post a link to the kind of clothes you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Mabey they dont own a washing machine? Is there a fixed age where you say, "I'm suddenly going to stop wearing all the clothes i like because of what strangers might think"

Jeans and tee shirts are fine, but i do clean mine, but i'd rather go naked than wear a tracksuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Shirts,pullovers,pants and shoes.
    Sounds worse than tracksuits and runners.

Are Chino's OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,072 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Middle aged men who wear Bluetooth headsets need a serious fcuking talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Middle aged men who wear Bluetooth headsets need a serious fcuking talking to.

they're already talking to someone on the bluetooth

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

OP, is it possible there are things you don't give much thought to/care about. Your car perhaps, maybe you don't see the need to drive around in a status symbol, maybe anything would do you to get from A to B. Maybe its groceries. Maybe you rather save money at Lidl and don't go in for the idea that the only brand of ketchup worth bothering with is Heinz. It's all just tomato sauce.

A lot of middle aged men are like this when it comes to clothes. They're married, they have kids. Theres no one to impress. Their lives are a soul crushing procession of bills, bills and more bills. They have no time to colour co-ordinate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

your username is an anagram of a sound pimp

It's also an anagram of "fúcking eejit" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭FelineOverLord

Agricola wrote: »
    OP, is it possible there are things you don't give much thought to/care about. Your car perhaps, maybe you don't see the need to drive around in a status symbol, maybe anything would do you to get from A to B. Maybe its groceries. Maybe you rather save money at Lidl and don't go in for the idea that the only brand of ketchup worth bothering with is Heinz. It's all just tomato sauce.

A lot of middle aged men are like this when it comes to clothes. They're married, they have kids. Theres no one to impress. Their lives are a soul crushing procession of bills, bills and more bills. They have no time to colour co-ordinate.

A perfect example of why some people cheat on their spouses:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Mesrine65

The uniform of apathy & the downtrodden stoic man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Im a middle aged man and like to wear my shirt tucked into my underpants with the elastic pulled up to my nipples.

Advertisement