Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW3 Match Day Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Last chance for captain rooney. Nothing today and hes gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Do I start Martin (STO) or Richards (cry)?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mccarthy
    Kolorav Martin O'Shea
    Pedro Depay Chadli sanchez
    Sakho Aguero vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Went with a -4 in the end.
    Going with:

Rudd(y)

Bellerin - Ward - Morgan
    Haz - sterling - payet(vc)- ayew
    Kane - Wilson - Aguero(c)

Subs- Rudd - saylor - fletcher - Gomez

Need a big week this week. The only thing I'm scared about is no united cover, so I hope the early game is quiet. Can someone please tell me if I should start Gomez or Morgan?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ruddy
    Bassong - Huth - Kolorov
    Hazard - Ayew - Mahrez - Hoolahan
    Rooney - Aguero (c) - Pelle

Mac: Fletcher - Gomez - Mings

Spot the team that didnt use the WC this week, I did take a -4 though.

I may as well over indulge in Norwich while I still can. Shaquri making his debut against them wasn't part of the plan though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I don't want to captain Aguero but I'm not brave enough to risk it.

Depay and Sanchez my other two options.

Even though I have Payet I have a feeling Bournemouth will cause an upset at West Ham today, they have been very unlucky in two games so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Ruddy
    Azpilicueta Koscienly O'Shea
    Hazard Depay(c) Navas Zaha
    Aguero Kane Wilson

Last chance saloon for these guys, I've held off on a wildcard but this week could be the last straw.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I'll never understand people using their wildcard so early into the game. What are the chances of the likes of Mahrez etc keeping up this form for the season? Wait til October until the real class rises to the top and then play the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

just getting the team OT now
    let's go Memphis !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

stephenl15 wrote: »
    That's a really nice team :P Have you wildcarded?

Thanks, Stephen. Yep, I've wildcarded. Quite happy with the team at the minute (no Chelsea but I can get Hazard + Azpilicueta in with some tweaking as I have £0.6m in the bank) but then again if Gomis and Diouf blank for 3 or 4 weeks in a row and the big hitting strikers take off I could be in a world of trouble! That's the risk I suppose. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'll never understand people using their wildcard so early into the game. What are the chances of the likes of Mahrez etc keeping up this form for the season? Wait til October until the real class rises to the top and then play the WC.

Although I didn't use mine (yet!), I can fully understand it. If your team value is plummeting, and your have a bunch of non-starters, you could be miles behind in your leagues if you wait til october.

If your going to require -12 or -16 in hits to fix your team, you might as well WC. It has to be used by Christmas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I've gone with Romero in goal, can I make it 3 goalies sent off in 3 consecutive weeks? If you have him in goal I'd be very nervous! :D

Romero
    Kolarov Targett Shaw
    Silva Depay Albrighton Sanchez Payet
    Aguero Gomis

Bench: Kone, Gomez and Taylor

Mahrez hasn't a hope in hell of keeping up his current output, but he has some nice games coming up and any week he does something is virtually guaranteed to be another price rise. The key is to dump him off at the right time, using the increased value made from him to improve your team while getting on the next cheap bandwagon.

If I had waited until October with my initial team, my value would have been down the sink hole and it would have been impossible to bring to get these players in. I probably would have lost £0.7m this week alone.

The guy who won the overall game last year played it in GW2 or 3 I believe. There's no right or wrong. It's just whatever works best for the individual player.

The wildcard rules have changed this year too, meaning you only have one wildcard for the first half a season. I'd argue that it's best to play it early to get (at the moment) 16 weeks use out of it, rather than play it late at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This logic would be more solid if we didn't have the free transfer every week to adjust as necessary. Keep the good starters while they're in form, let their value rise and then move on to the next form player with good fixtures.

Form > class. That's almost indisputable at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

WC not played after an early temptation. Did follow closely every WCers movements/opinions/ideas/plans and cnfronted with mines... Feel exhausted. What will it be when I play mine :P :pac:?

Team lines up as follow
    Myhill / Guzan
    Azpi Bellerin Huth / Coates
    Silva Payet Mahrez Fabregas
    Aguero Gomis Benteke
    Wanyama Saylor

-4 for Kane -> Gomis & Rooney -> Aguero.
    Certain that the second move will give me great bitterness (the first may too :p though Kane is overpriced) but looking at the price movements last week-end (without certainty of WC not included in calculations and with a GW2 feel they actually were) I could not chance a £0.3m rise for the Argentine.

So. 2 dilemmas.

Guzan (away to Palace) or Myhill home to Chelsea. So far playing the away keepers gave me fantastic returns. But I feel like José could play this one tight and a 0-0 is not out of the possibilities? On the other hand Palace are scoring goals and everyone seems to agree Sherwood's Villa not a defensive asset (though 1 CS so far and only 1 goal conceded?).

If Sunderland didn't have their season start, Coates would be there. Will JOS revolutioned the Black Cats defense? Huth can score from corners but Leicester do concede goals too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Mccarthy
    Bellerin Shaw Kolarov
    Yaya Mahrez Depay Sanchez Payet
    Aguero(C) Gomis

Subs - Myhill Richards Oxford Ighalo

Paully D wrote: »
    One dilemma for me - whether to start O'Shea (SWA) or Martin (STO).

Bookies odds tell me Martin has the better chance of a clean sheet (2.25 vs 2.8), but my gut tells me Sunderland are just going to put everyone behind the ball with the primary focus on the clean sheet. In a sure sign that I need to go to sleep, I'm getting visions of a Sunderland clean sheet and 3 BP's for O'Shea in the process :pac: Either way, I'm going to have a striker (Gomis and Diouf) against the defender I choose.

I'll decide for certain in the morning but aside from that I line up as follows:

da87471fac611dcfce6c52b0c1cdfb27.png

Good luck all. :)

You went the Depay and Diouf route then. I've decided to stick with Chadli and Benteke!

You went the Depay and Diouf route then. I've decided to stick with Chadli and Benteke!

Aye mate. £0.6m in the bank so if the aforementioned don't work out, I can revert to Chadli and Benteke easily. It'll be very interesting to see which one works out best, I just preferred Depay's explosiveness over Chadli in the end, but I can see Chadli and Benteke being in my team at some stage.

Good luck to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Jealous of all you Depay owners this week :P

• Advertisement

Aye mate. £0.6m in the bank so if the aforementioned don't work out, I can revert to Chadli and Benteke easily. It'll be very interesting to see which one works out best, I just preferred Depay's explosiveness over Chadli in the end, but I can see Chadli and Benteke being in my team at some stage.

Good luck to you :)

I'm fearful of Depay today. Confidence will be high after midweek and as a Utd fan (Harps first of course) I'm split between him doing well and doing nothing! Same to you man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Jealous of all you Depay owners this week :P

I'm jealous of all you Rooney owners

55031937.jpg

Gone with O'Shea over Martin or Muniesa.

Trusting my gut over the bookies here which is usually never, ever a good thing.

*Gulp*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Dónal wrote: »
    The wildcard rules have changed this year too, meaning you only have one wildcard for the first half a season. I'd argue that it's best to play it early to get (at the moment) 16 weeks use out of it, rather than play it late at Christmas.

Well, most of us will hold the second WC in a DGW so you're going 30 GWs or so between wildcards. I'm in the play whenever you need it camp btw and can understand why those with Sunderland defenders+Sterling+Walcott+... have done so

Ruddy or butland to start

Gone with O'Shea over Martin or Muniesa.

Trusting my gut over the bookies here which is usually never, ever a good thing.

*Gulp*
    You sure about that. He'll start this week alright but Sunderland are ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

#mufc XI: Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Januzaj, Memphis; Rooney.
    Saylor starts

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

#mufc XI: Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger; Mata, Januzaj, Memphis; Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dónal wrote: »

I'm not so sure. My plan before the season started was to try and keep it as close to Christmas as possible. Then use it to set myself up for the second half of the season. The, towards the end of the season, when we know when the DGW are (if any!) I can use my final one to set myself up nicely for the chips.

Of course all that could be out the window this weekend. If I have another terrible week I'd say I'll be wildcarding to stop the rot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Zzzz German starts Bastian!

Advertisement